Ivor Novello Awards (Mika nominated!)

Pam Travers

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 53rd Ivor Novello Awards celebrate British music writing and are presented by the British Academy of Composers & Songwriters in association with The Performing Right Society. They will be held at The Grosvenor House, Park Lane, London W1 on Thursday 22nd May.

The Ivors are internationally respected as the premier award ceremony to reflect the talent of British songwriters and composers and their contribution as the creative source of the music industry's prosperity.

Nice and central. Laura, Jennie?

GO GIRLS!! Our MFC reps!!:thumb_yello:

(Picture searchers, be on the ready for getty, wireimage etc!)

:shocked: See now if you're gonna say that, I am going to leave school at lunch and hang about there.. oh yeah, so doing that, whether I see him or not :naughty:

I think you should go :mf_rosetinted:

Some things r more important in life...skipping school to maybe see Mika is more important than getting your education :ap_rosetinted:

WOOPIE Dani i used :mf_rosetinted: so you don't know whether I'm being serious or not :ap_rosetinted:

I think you should go :mf_rosetinted:

Some things r more important in life...skipping school to maybe see Mika is more important than getting your education :ap_rosetinted:

WOOPIE Dani i used :mf_rosetinted: so you don't know whether I'm being serious or not :ap_rosetinted:

You are a very bad influence girl! My friend told me to do the same thing, tut tut. Anyway I'm definitely gonna go whether I see him or now, I'm always hanging out in that area anyway, so may as well :cool: I've texted Laura to see whether she's coming but she's not replying

The 53rd Ivor Novello Awards celebrate British music writing and are presented by the British Academy of Composers & Songwriters in association with The Performing Right Society. They will be held at The Grosvenor House, Park Lane, London W1 on Thursday 22nd May.

The Ivors are internationally respected as the premier award ceremony to reflect the talent of British songwriters and composers and their contribution as the creative source of the music industry's prosperity.

Nice and central. Laura, Jennie?

that's tomorrow!

MFC-ers in London will you go?

that's tomorrow!

MFC-ers in London will you go?

I am!! :original: It's only one bus journey away from my school.. and noone wants to be at staying at school when mika might be attending these awards right? :fisch: Anyway, it's about time someone sees him, to report back, even if we get one crappy pic, or no pic at all...

I am!! :original: It's only one bus journey away from my school.. and noone wants to be at staying at school when mika might be attending these awards right? :fisch: Anyway, it's about time someone sees him, to report back, even if we get one crappy pic, or no pic at all...

I am working but I wouldn't really just want to hang around outside a hotel, hanging round after a gig is bad enough.

If I was your age though Danika, I would. :wink2:

you know babspanky has a special place for crappy picture! they bring back so much memories:naughty:

I am working but I wouldn't really just want to hang around outside a hotel, hanging round after a gig is bad enough.

If I was your age though Danika, I would. :wink2:

me too

:mf_rosetinted:

are you feeling a certain responsibility now? :naughty:

too much pressure? :naughty:

Yesterday you told me that you won't go !

So you are going in the end ?

Poor Danika!! How much pressure :roftl:

If you go though, please make sure that you do your job properly and take good quality pictures......and ask the Wiz about his site and MFC as well:naughty:

I was reading bout the awards, but they didn't mention Mika, but I had a feeling he was going to be nominated.

And will probably be hanging out the place where they're holding the awards :fisch:

Looking forward to the pictures - Danika - or a first class report!! :naughty:

Tell him you are our OFFICIAL representative!!! :mf_rosetinted:

I agree, Mika has been working incredibly hard. It would be VERY annoying to me to see the award go to Winehouse. I think the winner should be able to at least stand up. Behavior does count. No one lives in a vacuum. That woman has problems and her major hit is stating that she doesn't want to take care of them. I agree she has talent, but how much better would she be if she were straight? Her stage presence is that of a little girl needing to use the bathroom!

Point is, she isn't the entire package. Mika, on the other hand IS the entire package. Talent, work, showmanship. He put on a hell of a show in Salt Lake. Amy has a hard time just making it through her day.

She's a talented woman who has been given a gift. And she's pitching her gift away with both hands. Sad and pathetic.

If I was your age though Danika, I would.

You're far too cool to hang around outside a hotel, I understand :mf_rosetinted: Oh, you make me feel so good about myself Babs.. :naughty:

you know babspanky has a special place for crappy picture! they bring back so much memories:naughty:

Is there room for more crappy pictures?

Yesterday you told me that you won't go !

So you are going in the end ?

I wasn't going cos I thought it was in the evening, but if it 'may' be during the afternoon I can hang around for a bit.

Poor Danika!! How much pressure :roftl:

If you go though, please make sure that you do your job properly and take good quality pictures......and ask the Wiz about his site and MFC as well:naughty:

Any more chores you want me to do? :naughty: I shall tie him to a chair and make sure he damn writes about our officiality.

Looking forward to the pictures - Danika - or a first class report!!

Tell him you are our OFFICIAL representative!!!

Or both? :P I'll put a big sticker on my forehead saying 'official MFC representative' that should do the trick, or maybe it'll make him run a mile :boxed:

Or both? :P I'll put a big sticker on my forehead saying 'official MFC representative' that should do the trick, or maybe it'll make him run a mile :boxed:

Maybe go undercover!!! Just in case he HAS read Caz's scripts,

and takes you hostage!!!! :naughty::naughty:

I wasn't going cos I thought it was in the evening, but if it 'may' be during the afternoon I can hang around for a bit.

That it's good !

I hope you can get pictures and make come with reviews here !

Maybe go undercover!!! Just in case he HAS read Caz's scripts,

and takes you hostage!!!! :naughty::naughty:

And I need to be blamed for Cz's mistakes? pfft.. Caz, you are in trouble :mf_rosetinted:

That it's good !

I hope you can get pictures and make come with reviews here !

I will try :thumb_yello: But guys, don't get your hopes up yeah? I don't want anyone to be disappointed.. although it's not like we haven't suffered before.. stupid top of the week, he'll probably be at the top of the mountain tomorrow instead of the awards

I will try :thumb_yello: But guys, don't get your hopes up yeah? I don't want anyone to be disappointed.. although it's not like we haven't suffered before.. stupid top of the week, he'll probably be at the top of the mountain tomorrow instead of the awards

lol :roftl: :roftl:

i'm not getting my hopes up.. i'm just subscribing to this thread for no reason.. u know, why not?.. no hopes for sure.. :naughty:

Good on ya! :thumb_yello::naughty:

Oh, looks like I'm going completely by myself, my friend was supposed to come but she can't, ah well, more of a hard work to be done, if any is required