Mika plays for Carphone Warehouse.

RAK1

Just listening to Annie Mac on R1, and one of her listeners who works for the Carphhone Warehouse was telling her about their Christmas(?) party last night at Alexandra Palace, and Mika was the headline act.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listening to Annie Mac on R1, and one of her listeners who works for the Carphhone Warehouse was telling her about their Christmas(?) party last night at Alexandra Palace, and Mika was the headline act.

mika playing on a gig on xmas eve..? sounds very unlikely, but it's not like I don't believe you o.c... :blink:

would that be london?

I thought it was very strange having a Christmas party in April, but Carphhone Warehouse are a huge business here, and Alexandra Palace it quite a sought after venue, so I think it was down to when they could get it, and Mika and the other acts availibility. The dance act The Cuban Brothers were playing too.

I thought it was very strange having a Christmas party in April, but Carphhone Warehouse are a huge business here, and Alexandra Palace it quite a sought after venue, so I think it was down to when they could get it, and Mika and the other acts availibility. The dance act The Cuban Brothers were playing too.

Me too :blink:

Ohhhh miss u Mika :emot-sad:

oh yesterday..!! silly me.. :blush-anim-cl: well, i can believe it then. as odd as it may seems. *is envious of londoners* :blush-anim-cl::wub2:

have ya gone, rose?

No, but if I worked for CW, I'd have been there like a shot.

Anyway I had a better offer, I was at Jemmas party last night , which was cracking, wouldn't have missed it.

I can't get over the fact that some places have their Xmas party at the end of April:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Mind you, if the party has Mika in it, I'd gladly wait till April or the summer, I don't really care if it IS Xmas or not:naughty:

Why don't my company do the same?:sneaky2:

oh yesterday..!! silly me.. :blush-anim-cl: well, i can believe it then. as odd as it may seems. *is envious of londoners* :blush-anim-cl::wub2:

have ya gone, rose?

None of us work for the Carphone Warehouse, do we?

Anyway Rose and I and some others were at Jemma's party last night.

None of us work for the Carphone Warehouse, do we?

Anyway Rose and I and some others were at Jemma's party last night.

I would have liked to go, even though I would have had to keep a low profile about going out yesterday:naughty:.

I was meant to go to another party (which I didn't actually fancy going to, but was kind of an obligation)...but in the end I had such a ****ty week, that I didn't feel like doing anything at all yesterday, I was way too knackered:thumbdown:.

It would have been really nice seeing you all again though!!!

I wish Mika would play at gigs at warehouses in Canada :)

It wasn't in a warehouse, that was the name of the Company, Carphone Warehouse, a big mobile phone company here.

He played at Alexandra Palace in Wood Green, North London, or the Ally Pally as it's called locally. I think they did the first ever BBC TV broadcast from there, but I might be wrong.

http://www.alexandrapalace.com/index.html

I found something on this website about it:

http://matandsamontour.blogspot.com/2008/04/spring-in-london.html

Its a bit of a random blog and it says about "London in Spring" that one of the things you should do is: "Go to the Carphone Warehouse ball and watch Mika play" so it did happen......

I'd love to know how you get into a firms christmas party if you don't work for them?

It wasn't in a warehouse, that was the name of the Company, Carphone Warehouse, a big mobile phone company here.

He played at Alexandra Palace in Wood Green, North London, or the Ally Pally as it's called locally. I think they did the first ever BBC TV broadcast from there, but I might be wrong.

http://www.alexandrapalace.com/index.html

OOOh i see :) Still...there are big companies here in Canada he could play for! ;););)

I found something on this website about it:

http://matandsamontour.blogspot.com/2008/04/spring-in-london.html

Its a bit of a random blog and it says about "London in Spring" that one of the things you should do is: "Go to the Carphone Warehouse ball and watch Mika play" so it did happen......

nice job with looking, thanks! they watched him play yesterday, so lucky!

We should organise a MFC military operation to find out...:mf_rosetinted:

I suppose if we had know about it, then put on our party frocks we might have been able to gatecrash once people started coming outside to smoke.

Those places aren't usually the kind of places that have to stamp your hand to make sure you belong in the party, are they.:naughty: