Mika plays for Carphone Warehouse.

RAK1

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't get over the fact that some places have their Xmas party at the end of April:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Mind you, if the party has Mika in it, I'd gladly wait till April or the summer, I don't really care if it IS Xmas or not:naughty:

Why don't my company do the same?:sneaky2:

I find that really interesting too!!!

:jawdrop:http://phanattix.deviantart.com/art/Mika-84042893

ok, is it possible that some Mfcrs from UK knows somebody who managed to got there?!?!

Or..do you know some other sites for non professional pic?

I mean, I don't think there were a lot of press for a quite "private" event...innit?

I dunno anything about this kinda event, anyone would explain it better?

I MEAN YOU DON'T ALWAYS HAVE TO WAIT ME DOING RANDOM SEARCHES!:rolleyes:

:yay:... recent!!!

thank you so much greta!!

:wub2: He looks amazing...

His hair's getting long again :naughty:

Aw, greta :naughty:

Greta, did you delete?

I think that was some American gig, English people wouldn't call it a cellphone pic, they would say mobile.

on that flickr pic it says it was taken April 25, 2008, so I'd say it's definitely from this year, no?

So when was that gig now? 25th or 26th *confused* (not that it matters much)

:jawdrop:http://phanattix.deviantart.com/art/Mika-84042893

ok, is it possible that some Mfcrs from UK knows somebody who managed to got there?!?!

Or..do you know some other sites for non professional pic?

I mean, I don't think there were a lot of press for a quite "private" event...innit?

I dunno anything about this kinda event, anyone would explain it better?

I MEAN YOU DON'T ALWAYS HAVE TO WAIT ME DOING RANDOM SEARCHES!:rolleyes:

thanks for that!!

and mika is the king of postponers! :roftl:

"Carphone Warehouse staff miss Christmas party, blame iPhone

The iPhone's UK launch is being blamed for the postponement of the Carphone Warehouse's annual Christmas party.

Due to take place on 10th November, and with the venue already booked, the iPhone's launch day effectively scuppered the plans.

A spokeswoman for CW said that they couldn't take the risk of holding the event on iPhone launch weekend.

A disgruntled CW blogger wrote, "They cancelled our annual Christmas ball (for like how many 1,000s of staff there are) when the iPhone exclusivity was announced… this was because store staff were expected to be rushed off their feet, but this doesn't look the case. IPhone stole our Christmas

"They will now have to wait until spring next year before they have their gala. Let's hope Apple doesn't launch a 3G iPhone then, eh?

*off for more investigation :cool:*

Hey! I understand where they're coming from! :roftl:

I just performed in The Nutcracker Friday night. For real. We got snowed out twice, and couldn't find any venues that would book ups on such short notice. So we just waited until our in-house theater finished construction, and combined it with our Spring ballet. So you can celebrate Christmas whereeeeever you want! Fo' real.

Aw, greta :naughty:

on that flickr pic it says it was taken April 25, 2008, so I'd say it's definitely from this year, no?

So when was that gig now? 25th or 26th *confused* (not that it matters much)

It said uploaded on the 25th. As I said, a UKer wouldn't really say cellphone, we say moblie phone here.

and mika is the king of postponers! :roftl:

"Carphone Warehouse staff miss Christmas party, blame iPhone

The iPhone's UK launch is being blamed for the postponement of the Carphone Warehouse's annual Christmas party.

Due to take place on 10th November, and with the venue already booked, the iPhone's launch day effectively scuppered the plans.

A spokeswoman for CW said that they couldn't take the risk of holding the event on iPhone launch weekend.

A disgruntled CW blogger wrote, "They cancelled our annual Christmas ball (for like how many 1,000s of staff there are) when the iPhone exclusivity was "announced… this was because store staff were expected to be rushed off their feet, but this doesn't look the case. IPhone stole our Christmas

"They will now have to wait until spring next year before they have their gala. Let's hope Apple doesn't launch a 3G iPhone then, eh?

*off for more investigation :cool:*

"iphone stole our Christmas", they had freaking Mika singing for them, they should be glad :shocked:

Hi i just googled - 'carphone warehouse ball" & there is a page about the ball!

Here is a small extract - The headline performance for 2008 is a closely guarded secret but promises to be more exciting than previous years. Our theme for this years ball is carnival - we're celebrating carnivals from around the world Rio, Venice & Notting Hill ...... & it goes on.

Sorry that i could not get the link up & my computer is so slow!

Hi i just googled - 'carphone warehouse ball" & there is a page about the ball!

Here is a small extract - The headline performance for 2008 is a closely guarded secret but promises to be more exciting than previous years. Our theme for this years ball is carnival - we're celebrating carnivals from around the world Rio, Venice & Notting Hill ...... & it goes on.

Sorry that i could not get the link up & my computer is so slow!

and now we know why :naughty:

Only if they like Mika, not everyone does, you know. :wink2:

absolutely...plus they go there to eat and drink for free, 90% of people in those events are with their kids and stuff, they chat and scream and the artist is just there as a cool background...i went to those several times, its amazing all the money they can put into those partys...really.