Get Mika Play

i know they are commercial decisions...and the major is involved too..

but i cannot think they do not play mika cause of billy brown.

this is what he says anyway.

oh bab....hihihihihihi....fascist....here we are so near now..............:boxed:

argh...maybe thet won't play mika even here! :shocked:

:naughty:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey btw i dont know if any of you saw this article

http://musique.evous.fr/Lollipop-l-extrait-de-trop-pour,3836.html

its very funny how the whole radio issue is the opposite here in Europe, in that article they say that the radios just received the sixth single of mika lollipop and that it might be too much now, people have heard mika too much on the radio.

in montreal, if you listen to the french radio station, you will hear "big girl" (played all the time!) & "love today" (sometimes). if you listen to the english station, "grace kelly" (once every 2 or 3 days) is the only song they play.

his support seems to be greater on the french stations.

i have sent requests to play other songs on the english stations, but to no avail.. i asked for "love today" & "relax", they played "grace kelly" instead. i give up. babs is right it's in the hands of his management... i do think that allowing "grace kelly" on the movie "what happens in vegas" is a good idea, more people in the us of a will hear of him & perhaps buy his albums. then maybe the radio stations will start playing it. :punk:

hey btw i dont know if any of you saw this article

http://musique.evous.fr/Lollipop-l-extrait-de-trop-pour,3836.html

its very funny how the whole radio issue is the opposite here in Europe, in that article they say that the radios just received the sixth single of mika lollipop and that it might be too much now, people have heard mika too much on the radio.

Never in France surely? Their own little French hero? :ap_rosetinted:

Never in France surely? Their own little French hero? :ap_rosetinted:

oh babs.... oh babs... i had to think a few minutes to comment on this....

and this is the only thing i could come up with .... :roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

but i cannot think they do not play mika cause of billy brown.

this is what he says anyway.

His story is that Tommy Mottola said that Wal-mart wouldn't stock LICM on its shelves because of Billy Brown. Billy Brown is not a single so it's not related to the radio play issue.

Even if you could generate radio play from the grassroots level, now is not the time. LICM is done and Mika doesn't have any current singles in the US. No one is going to play his music right now.

Best save any campaigns for the next album launch.

coming from the US, i haven't ever heard Mika on the radio where i'm from- but i know it has been played in the US. If i hadn't gone through my friends ipod one day, i probably still wouldn't know who he is:shocked:

So it would be nice if it way played here like it is in other countries.

I phone into my radio station whenever i can, but it's hard, the people are all prissy about it. boo.

I really just wish people could know who he is, they don't have to be in love with his music (but that would be great) , but i'm getting tired of answering the questions "what is a mika?":boxed:

coming from the US, i haven't ever heard Mika on the radio where i'm from- but i know it has been played in the US. If i hadn't gone through my friends ipod one day, i probably still wouldn't know who he is:shocked:

How did your friend find out about Mika?

BTW I haven't forgotten about your heart. I just keep forgetting to actually send it out. I will though. :biggrin2:

How did your friend find out about Mika?

BTW I haven't forgotten about your heart. I just keep forgetting to actually send it out. I will though. :biggrin2:

She found out about it because her boyfriend had it on his ipod, but the thing about not getting play time, is that Love Today was the only song she had and they didn't bother to look anything else up--well, they have now because i told them to- hehe (i'm not sure where they heard LT though, i'll have to ask!)

The heart! I forgot for a bit as well. Don't worry, just as soon as you have time . Do you still have my address? thanx again by the way =]:biggrin2::flowers2:

I just wanted to inform everyone about a new project devoted to getting Mika radio play in America, In light of the radio stations refusing to play him. If you think you want to help you can go to http://www.getmikaplay.com for instructions and more information. Also, feel free to contact me here or by email. I hope Mika's American fans will speak out against this injustice.

Thank You

Jackie

getmikaplay@yahoo.com

great Idea!! and Plan! I'm in! :wink2::wink2::wink2:

thanks for starting! :biggrin2:

Iain Watt (mika 's manager)(on what they did with "the project")

There is so much one can do with pop stars these days. Now they can be marketed on YouTube and MySpace, and you can use them to sell myriad products. In America, Mika's music was selling mobile phones before his first record was released. In Britain, his face was flogging Paul Smith before the public knew him as Mika.

Yes, I remember this, in fact we had a big discussion last year about 'the project'.

Made us feel so unspecial. :ap_rosetinted:

Yes, I remember this, in fact we had a big discussion last year about 'the project'.

Made us feel so unspecial. :ap_rosetinted:

:naughty: Unfortunately the situation is what it is regardless of how Mika feels about his career or his fans. You can't sell 5 million albums on your first try by dumb luck.

Ok, here's the thing. This is not just about being a Mika fan and not being able to hear him on the radio, I understand and appreciate all the opinions posted above, however as an American the fact that Mika's shows here have sold out, the fact that he was at the Grammy's, the fact that Walmart does sell his album and yet they can not keep it on the shelf for more than a week or so, and he is not being played on the radio stations is unacceptable. This is much more about American's having the right to chose who they listen to than a fan being upset that a musician isn't getting play. Radio stations are buisnesses, but they are businesses who depend on the people to stay in business. Yah, you're right they get revenue from advertisments and the artists label and what not, but without people to listen to them, they are nothing. America is a country built on supply and demand, it's all over our history, it's the reason we have the bill of rights in our consitution. The American people want Mika, all I'm saying is it's time the radio stations supplied him. Again, thank you all for your comments, I appreciate your input.

Jackie

getmikaplay@yahoo.com

http://www.getmikaplay.com

American people may want Mika, but they certainly don't know it yet. :ap_rosetinted:

If this is about Amercans having choice in what they listen to, perhaps you could include a few other artists in your campaign to illustrate your point better?

I wish you luck, but as I said, as I'm not American it doesn't concern me and I can't understand why other non-Americans are so passionate about the 'cause'.

I wish you luck, but as I said, as I'm not American it doesn't concern me and I can't understand why other non-Americans are so passionate about the 'cause'.

I would like to see American radio open up to the kind of talent that's coming out of the UK because it will quickly filter up to Canada. Then maybe I can start listening to Canadian radio again instead of using the internet to hear decent music. But as you said, there should be other artists added to the campaign to make the point.

On the other hand the slow uptake in English speaking North America has meant that I've been able to catch Lily Allen in a small dive and Kate Nash, the Fratellis and Mika in a 600-capacity club. As a music fan this relative lack of interest in North America has been very beneficial.

I don't want to see Mika's success thwarted in the US by unfair policies implemented by radio monopolies. But I'm not exactly up in arms about the fact that I got to see him at a club a couple of months ago instead of a football stadium that holds 55,000 people.

This is much more about American's having the right to chose who they listen to than a fan being upset that a musician isn't getting play. Radio stations are buisnesses, but they are businesses who depend on the people to stay in business. Yah, you're right they get revenue from advertisments and the artists label and what not, but without people to listen to them, they are nothing. America is a country built on supply and demand, it's all over our history, it's the reason we have the bill of rights in our consitution

wow the famous bill of rights...we are being serious here, no honestly which kind of bill do you think recording company is using? really?I dont believe in law and maybe you shouldnt either since you live in a country where as someone once said "a country where the anti-trust laws r basically ajoke, protecting us just enough to not have to rename our park service the Phillip Morris National Park Service"

i understand you are angry, you live somewhere where they only play timberlake, rihanna, madonna etc, i would surely think seriously about suicide if i had no choice but listening to those products but the fact is that no one cares and people who do dont listen to the radio anymore...look at you , you know mika and probably a bunch of other artists, radio didnt stop you, i love some americans artists who are hated in their own country and are not played on the radio because they are being too...well, i dont know, lets say they just dont fit...if i was an american and was living there i would start to stand for some great artists of my country who are not being played but the cause is lost, you are fighting against globalisation... you know...but dont get me wrong, thats only healthy you are angry at the system...and yes as babspanky said then maybe you should talk about other artist too..but surely you will...

@babs, lmao@the "cause"

On the other hand the slow uptake in English speaking North America has meant that I've been able to catch Lily Allen in a small dive and Kate Nash, the Fratellis and Mika in a 600-capacity club. As a music fan this relative lack of interest in North America has been very beneficial

lol

:naughty:

So it would be nice if it way played here like it is in other countries.

I phone into my radio station whenever i can, but it's hard, the people are all prissy about it. boo.

I really just wish people could know who he is, they don't have to be in love with his music (but that would be great) , but i'm getting tired of answering the questions "what is a mika?":boxed:

You don't even know how much that annoys me!!!

:naughty: Unfortunately the situation is what it is regardless of how Mika feels about his career or his fans. You can't sell 5 million albums on your first try by dumb luck.

That is very true Christine.

love from old europe

(we play mika here in italy...and we have got a pope!!!)

Pope.:wub2:

you live somewhere where they only play timberlake, rihanna, madonna etc, i would surely think seriously about suicide if i had no choice but listening to those products

:lol3: Yes, it really is tragic.

Ok, here's the thing. This is not just about being a Mika fan and not being able to hear him on the radio, I understand and appreciate all the opinions posted above, however as an American the fact that Mika's shows here have sold out, the fact that he was at the Grammy's, the fact that Walmart does sell his album and yet they can not keep it on the shelf for more than a week or so, and he is not being played on the radio stations is unacceptable. This is much more about American's having the right to chose who they listen to than a fan being upset that a musician isn't getting play. Radio stations are buisnesses, but they are businesses who depend on the people to stay in business. Yah, you're right they get revenue from advertisments and the artists label and what not, but without people to listen to them, they are nothing. America is a country built on supply and demand, it's all over our history, it's the reason we have the bill of rights in our consitution. The American people want Mika, all I'm saying is it's time the radio stations supplied him. Again, thank you all for your comments, I appreciate your input.

Jackie

getmikaplay@yahoo.com

http://www.getmikaplay.com

The trouble is, that people in America are not going to know about Mika, unless they hear him, and hear more than just one song. Most people in Britain, and probably the rest of Europe, heard him initially on the radio, or saw him on TV, on Jules Holland, etc.

Well, he has neen on tV in America, occasionally, but without the radio play to back him up, people are not going to know he even exists.

There is proof of how some airplay and publicity helps a rising star, in the story of Leona Lewis's rise to fame in America. No one can tell me that her song

I keep bleeding, I keep keep bleeding love...

is anywhere near as good as any of Mika's songs, but she got to number one in America, because of all the fuss about her, from the likes of Simon Cowell, whom, we know full well, wouldn't know talent if it walked out the door! But Leona has made it, because of all the attention and airplay she's been getting.

Mika deserves it as well. I don't doubt he can make it with things like YouTube around, but it may take longer. I just think he deserves to have his songs played, all over the world, including America.