I recommend!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Even if you don't like blood{or bloody children mwahah}I higly recommend you to see Låt den rätte komma.

Yep, better in the original language {Swedish is so magical} the English title would be Let The Right One In {as well as the novel upon which it was based} which refers to the Morrisey song "Let The Right One Slip In" btw :kaf:

It's a dark-romantic story {set in the Stockolm of the '80s} between a bullied boy and a strange "girl"...

15q46sh.jpg

for the " monstrous" side, it's very realistic and canon based {Vampires don't sparkle, dammit!} but,

apart from few crude scenes, the sentiment of true friendship/love between these 2 lil underdogs is very sweet and make this piece so worth a prize :meow:

It really makes my heart warm to read this review!:wub2:

For me it’s hard to do a fair rating because I’ve read the book of course, but it’s nice to see it being appreciated.

The author was earlier a stand up comedian and magician who suddenly sat down and wrote a book, and what a book!:shocked:

He has been compared to Steven King even if I think it is to go a bit too far… but it’s good and it’s horror!

The film is also planned to be made in the US, and they will move the story from a Swedish suburb to a suburb in Chicago, exciting!:thumb_yello:

If you're a big fan of Hello Kitty, there are some exclusive products being introduced by M.A.C. (cosmetics) in a few weeks. They will be limited and offered only for a short time. Looks like Hello Kitty gone rebel and retro.:naughty:

hellokittyretrorebel.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The film :thumb_yello:

I've seen this! Kind of interesting... Not really a normal concept for a movie... Which may be why I enjoyed it.

Partly because of the language.

I'd really love you to recommend some other scandinavian films!

• 4 weeks later...

L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara

(in Carbon Black)

carbonblacktelecopic.jpg

Especially: after you've curled your eyelashes (with an eyelash curler).

Because: it's relatively cheap (around $9 or $10), it makes your eyelashes look really nice (you'll get compliments on your eyelashes :das:) and lasts all day/ works really well.

Unless you: are unwilling to try a different mascara from the one you are currently using or if you don't wear make-up.

Edited by iadoremika

• 2 months later...

If you haven't had a chance to see Ron Mueck's realistic sculptures yet, I recommend you take a look. Amazing. Here's one of them:

babysculpture.jpg

This one is one of my favourites:

realistic_sculpture_boy.jpg

This is a link to more. Astounding.:blink:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/gallery/2005/12/29/GA2005122900888_index_frames.htm?startat=1

Edited by Suzy

Wow, those are amazing! :jawdrop:

Thanks for sharing Suzy :flowers2:

:shocked: Oh my goodness, those are amazing.

So realistic! They're like real giants...

Thanks! :shocked:

Yeah. No probs. :thumb_yello: Look at the toes - sooo real.:shocked: (I might have suggested a bit of toe jam, though)

ron_mueck_01.jpg

Edited by Suzy

Suzy, those sculptures are amazing! I am glad you shared 'em.

Yeah. No probs. :thumb_yello: Look at the toes - sooo real.:shocked: (I might have suggested a bit of toe jam, though)

ron_mueck_01.jpg

The toes are just...just...big and realistic looking. :roftl: I will definately check out more of Mueck's work. :thumb_yello:

• 1 month later...

I recommend: Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment.

1178503688-28246_full.jpg

Especially: if you desire a smooth, soft pucker.

Because: it'll moisturize your lips and make them petal soft.

Unless: you don't like the type of lip balms that feel cool on your lips.

• 1 month later...