I recommend!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how can you be sure that what you recommend according to your personal tastes is gonna be "universal" ? :blink: already happened with the books findingmywords recommended, and it will happen again...

Nothing is "certain" and going to be universal taste, and I don't think that anyone is thinking that Yop...we're merely recommending stuff that we like, hoping that others may like it as well...or not...:naughty:

Like check out the pink shoes and tell me that theyr'e not universally super-cool if you dare :thumb_yello:

Nothing is "certain" and going to be universal taste, and I don't think that anyone is thinking that Yop...we're merely recommending stuff that we like, hoping that others may like it as well...or not...:naughty:

Like check out the pink shoes and tell me that theyr'e not universally super-cool if you dare :thumb_yello:

Lordy, I was wearing kickers before some of these people were born, don't like to say the date......:blush-anim-cl:

Lordy, I was wearing kickers before some of these people were born, don't like to say the date......:blush-anim-cl:

oooooh, so you like them?!! AREN'T THEY JUST THE BEEEEEEST?:wub2:

(don't worry, they have only been around since the 70's they say, so it kind of guarantees a certain youth):naughty:

oooooh, so you like them?!! AREN'T THEY JUST THE BEEEEEEST?:wub2:

(don't worry, they have only been around since the 70's they say, so it kind of guarantees a certain youth):naughty:

Well, let's just say in that case, that I must have been wearing them quite soon after they came out. :shocked::naughty: Red ones.

Kickers are THE BEST :punk::punk: Sara, you know I've also had them in many colours since I was a child (remember the ones I was wearing in London?:wink2:). Those pink ones are gorgeous!! I love them so, so much, I wanna ones like them too!!:bleh:

I recommend

Black kids

LMAO. My first thought was "well THAT'S a tad bit racist."

Then I realized you weren't talking about actual black kids.

I recommend naming your lawn & garden appliances. I named my lawnmower 'Capote'

marilyn.monroe.and.truman.capote.jpg

I recommend

Evermore (band)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=5095280

Especially: running and light surrounding you

Because: they have wide range of styles and try to experiment and see what works, have been recording/preforming since they were 13!!

Unless: you like non lyric based music!

Steriogram (band)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=2251778

Especially: walkie talky man

Because: they're awesome!

Unless you: dont like Big Beat type music

Aloe vera (plant/cacti)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloe_vera

the liquid sap from the inside of the plant is really good for your skin

although if you pick it straight from the plant (as I do because I grow it) it comes off as a snot like consistency! good for healing acne and mosquito bites!

Unless: your allergic or cant stand the consistency!

Naming all your electrical equipment...I have a tv called Stevie! my laptop was called bob!

Assassin of gleam by James Norcliffe (book)

http://www.hazardonline.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=246

because: Its awesome! I heard someone read a bit out loud and havent been able to put it down since

Unless: you dislike stories about witches and wizards and magic!

I recommend:

1. Wearing gray and a light, bright color.

Like gray and pastel pink. Or gray and light lemon yellow.

Looks awesome.

--Jack

The gray yellow has been one of my favorites for a long long time but try gray and light blue

On the subject of clothing, I recommend...

Pairing a black dress (knee-length or shorter with the spring weather) with either a colorful shrug, a different type of little sweater, or a button-down shirt. Anything works, but I especially like making the colors contrast a lot. Lately I've been a fan of wearing a black, flowy linen v-neck dress that's a bit above my knee with those options. It's great because it looks cute and it's like several outfits in one. :naughty: (This of course would also work with any other solid piece, not just dresses).

I need to take you ladies shopping with me. :wink2:

I'll put this into consideration next time.:thumb_yello:

I'm not really sure if anyone would like my recommendation, but they're my latest obsession so I can't help but to mention them anyway.

I recommend Nickel Creek.

Nickel Creek is an American acoustic music trio. Although the group's music has roots from bluegrass, the trio describes itself as "progressive acoustic". Nickel Creek consists of three permanent members: Chris Thile (mandolin), Sara Watkins (fiddle), and her brother Sean Watkins (guitar).

Unfortunately they are no longer together.:tears:

They have a myspace page, but honestly the songs on it aren't my favorite.

I recommend you listen to A Lighthouse's Tale if you really want to check them out,

, and my favorite, Hanging By A Thread.

If you liked those songs or want to hear more, look them up on projectplaylist or imeem.

Great idea for a thread!!!

Hmm...what do I recommend? Let me think...

- reading a biography about James Dean

- baked potatoes with sauteed onions on top

- The Waving Game. What you do is you basically wave to random people on the street/subway/bus etc and see how many people you can get to wave back at you. Here's a thread:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14539

I recommend:

1. Lionel Neykov.

Myspace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=111471363&MyToken=6a4a6b9b-beb9-4cb4-81ec-b3870f2fff31

Send him a message, and he'll probably reply :biggrin2:

You can also find him on Youtube if you just type in his name.

Especially: Freeze My Senses.

Because: His music is soulful, pretty, and refreshing. The lyrics have meaning, and he can imitate a trumpet.

Unless: You aren't into slower, less upbeat music.

2. Hummus.

Because: It goes with ANYTHING, and makes for a great snack.

Unless: You don't like chickpeas or garlic.

Mmmmm, with a drizzle of olive oil, paprika, and pine nuts on top...a traditional mediterranian dish is hummus served with fresh pita bread, pickle, and red onion. Yum.

Mmm, mmm, mmm good.

Something else I recommend:

Putting a good lip balm on right before you go to bed. You wake up with sliky lips...

Mmm, mmm, mmm good.

Putting a good lip balm on right before you go to bed. You wake up with sliky lips...

I do that every night :naughty:

My lips are still gross :sad:

I do that every night :naughty:

My lips are still gross :sad:

Awww...no. I have yet to look at a pair of lips and say those are gross...well maybe some but still...

PS: Try the Blistex lipbalm (the one in the little pink container)...it works well.

Mmm, mmm, mmm good.

Cool, I've never tried that!

If anyone else is like me, and gets into moods where they want to eat and eat even though they aren't hungry, I recommend chewing gum. It gives something for your mouth to do and tastes yummy so it pretty much gets rid of the cravings.

Awww...no. I have yet to look at a pair of lips and say those are gross...well maybe some but still...

PS: Try the Blistex lipbalm (the one in the little pink container)...it works well.

You haven't met me :naughty:

Cool, I've never tried that!

If anyone else is like me, and gets into moods where they want to eat and eat even though they aren't hungry, I recommend chewing gum. It gives something for your mouth to do and tastes yummy so it pretty much gets rid of the cravings.

Hmmm...that's interestiing. I should try that...maybe I will eat fast foods less often...hehe