Book on Mika out this week

Niki27

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tru, o well i still want one..its of mika, i got a magazine that was featuring his sister, (but he was in thepic) one time for 5 dollars. lol:cool:

The Vogue one? I was tempted to buy it as well, but it was way too much for just one page :naughty:

The Vogue one? I was tempted to buy it as well, but it was way too much for just one page :naughty:

find somebody who works in a bookstore and make friends with them:naughty:

i get most of my mags for free, just stripped. because at the end of the month, if they don't sell, they strip the covers and throw out the rest, so you can really just grab one. They do the same with books sometimes.

find somebody who works in a bookstore and make friends with them:naughty:

i get most of my mags for free, just stripped. because at the end of the month, if they don't sell, they strip the covers and throw out the rest, so you can really just grab one. They do the same with books sometimes.

Too late now, dammit! :naughty: soo.. errm, how many copies did you get of that issue? :fisch:

see, i spent all that money for one page:lmao: it wasnt worth it either, as soon as i hung the page on my wall Billy Brown attacked it.:roftl:

see, i spent all that money for one page:lmao: it wasnt worth it either, as soon as i hung the page on my wall Billy Brown attacked it.:roftl:

How did BB attack it? :roftl:

Oi, i only got one because i figured nobody would want one without a cover! next time i'll get as more.

:tears: but how about the one page for those lonely MFCers who will never get the chance to see it in their hands, while it's probably rotting in a ditch somewhere with some other junk. :naughty:

• 10 months later...
Did anyone ever buy this book? :naughty:

Didn't Mika say that he's producing a book with Da Wack, to come out either before, or when, the album comes out? I would wait to buy his official book. For one thing, unoficial stuff means Mika looses out and someone else gets the money. Also, Mika and Da Wack would produce a far better product than anyone else could.

Didn't Mika say that he's producing a book with Da Wack, to come out either before, or when, the album comes out? I would wait to buy his official book. For one thing, unoficial stuff means Mika looses out and someone else gets the money. Also, Mika and Da Wack would produce a far better product than anyone else could.

whoa! i would sooooooo buy that! oooh i hope they do bring out a book, i love their illustrations, it always inspires me when i'm drawing mine :wink2: :-D

I bought it! Enjoyed it too- though it stretched my French to the limit- and past it. Nothing new or controversial though.

I like reading biographies- both in depth and "pics with a few words" ones (like this) and can't see why biographers shouldn't make money from their work. If Mika had authorised one I'd have bought that too/ instead- but he didn't.

If Mika grows as successful as he looks set to, there'll be plenty of unofficial biogs coming- some of which will say things he doesn't like at all- but provided they're well evidenced/reasoned and not a betrayal of trust, I see that as a good thing!

I bought it! Enjoyed it too- though it stretched my French to the limit- and past it. Nothing new or controversial though.

I like reading biographies- both in depth and "pics with a few words" ones (like this) and can't see why biographers shouldn't make money from their work. If Mika had authorised one I'd have bought that too/ instead- but he didn't.

If Mika grows as successful as he looks set to, there'll be plenty of unofficial biogs coming- some of which will say things he doesn't like at all- but provided they're well evidenced/reasoned and not a betrayal of trust, I see that as a good thing!

Wow, really? I'd so much like to have it. I don't know French though, but my mom does so she could translate to me :rolls_eyes:

I've read only one biography so far - Anthony Perkins', and it's a really rather massive book (In English, over 400 pages). I enjoyed reading it though, because I love Tony :wub2:

I must say I was quite suprised when I found out that Mika's already having his first biography published after just one album!

But as you say - I also think there'll be plenty of books about him when he reaches the success he seems to reach. Especially because I find his life very interesting!

I wouldn't buy this if the author paid me.

It looks cheap, obviously has nothing in it we all don't already know, in fact any of us could have done a way better job of it!

I'm saving my money, ha ha, for the proper artwork book Mika and Yasimine are bringing out, that'll be much more professional, and much nicer to have on a bookshelf.

Oh, and Ingie, you got it the wrong way round, the Belgian woman sued him. ;-)

Wow, really? I'd so much like to have it. I don't know French though, but my mom does so she could translate to me :rolls_eyes:

I've read only one biography so far - Anthony Perkins', and it's a really rather massive book (In English, over 400 pages). I enjoyed reading it though, because I love Tony :wub2:

I must say I was quite suprised when I found out that Mika's already having his first biography published after just one album!

But as you say - I also think there'll be plenty of books about him when he reaches the success he seems to reach. Especially because I find his life very interesting!

It's a bit strong to call it a biography (yes, I know I did a minute ago). It's more an extended fan-mag in book form. But the quality seems fine to me and I like having stuff in book form. I can't wait for the real biogs to start coming!

It's a bit strong to call it a biography (yes, I know I did a minute ago). It's more an extended fan-mag in book form. But the quality seems fine to me and I like having stuff in book form. I can't wait for the real biogs to start coming!

Yes, I think so too :roftl: but extended fan-mag in book form was too long for me so I shortened it to 'bio'. Well, let's just call it a little book about Mika!

Like people have already said, there isn't anything new in there... and 16 Euros IS a bit too much... but, I'd still like to have it:wub2:

I think we'll have to wait at least 2-3 years till the REAL biogs start coming though...

whoa! i would sooooooo buy that! oooh i hope they do bring out a book, i love their illustrations, it always inspires me when i'm drawing mine :wink2: :-D

I think he mentioned it on one of the older blogs on MS. I think it was the blog where he first mentioned the accustic tour.

I'm saving my money, ha ha, for the proper artwork book Mika and Yasimine are bringing out, that'll be much more professional, and much nicer to have on a bookshelf.

I seriously cannot wait to see that one! it should be grand! :punk: just hope in it there some of the good ol' spirit :bleh:

I saw that book once. And I wanted to buy it but then I looked into it and it was just pictures with some sentences. It's not a biography. It's weak imo. So I didn't buy it. And saved money hehe.

I'd love to have the Da Wack book!!

would Mika want a biography to be made about him w/o him knowing ?

many, believe me. :mf_rosetinted: trouble is probably it's been made superficially and mostly through pics and artwork rather than facts, confirmed or not.