2008 - MIKA WINS SONGWRITER OF THE YEAR at the Ivors!!!

Blue Sky

OMG CONGRADULATIONS MIKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WERE BOUND TO GET THIS AWARD AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT! YOU TRULY ARE THE SONGWRITER OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the pictures are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its soooo nice to see yasmine with him cuz u usually dont see her getting photographed! she is soooo pretty! and looks alot like him, they looked like they were having a sooooo much fun!:cheerful_h4h:

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

awww... danika, you went!! I didn't know! how cool!! *jealous of all londoners* :blush-anim-cl: sigh :blush-anim-cl:

Of course :wub2: Even if it meant skipping school for a bit (which isn't a bad thing :fisch:) It really made my day to see the both of them

Oh hotdlp those are lovely pics i'm telling ya :wink2:

I got told off by security when taking this picture lol.

P1010174.jpg

and he was right to do that cause he knew it would turn out to be so cute :biggrin2:

Of course :wub2: Even if it meant skipping school for a bit (which isn't a bad thing :fisch:) It really made my day to see the both of them

did ya manage to say hi, or wave at them at least?

Yes, thanks, HK! I added another photo of Mika with the statuette, too --

this is just such an exciting thing! I wonder if he had an inkling last

night when he saw our Rose and Sariflor... ? Because it seems the

recipients of some of the other awards (like Phil Collins) must have known

in advance...

Oh, it doesn't really matter, I'm just very happy for him! :biggrin2:

dcdeb

No idea....I wonder...Hmmmm....I would be inclined to say that he didn't know, but then again, what do I know?:roftl:

Rose, what do you think??

best songwriter...THIS is an award!!! :thumb_yello:

for mama penniman...have you seen....you said he would win something in the next years...next years....oh no! glory is now! he deserves it!:thumb_yello:

I totally agree Robi! Totally!!

CONGRATS!!!

I bet he's over the moon right now! given what he told sara and rose yesterday this must have been an award he really wanted to win!!

Yep- and he probably actually meant "are you totally out of your mind??" when I asked if he was going to come and he said "are you kidding???????????????"

You wouldn't pass up a chance for a "sighting" at such a time, would you Sara????:mf_rosetinted:

I agree this is THE REAL DEAL. That was why I thought it deserved a dedicated thread, and needed me to stay up till 2am to chat with all of you about how WONDERFUL this is.

Songwriter of the year must be the biggest accolade.

Ditto! It is. I mean this is the best award he can get! If I was him, that's what I'd think.

Thanks for the video, it's great to watch!

But OMG! Have you seen where Amy takes her mobile out from?? Classy...:roftl:

I can't be bothered to create a new thread, and I couldn't write it in the other thread since it got closed.. so sorry if this is kind of off-topic. Right, so Caz texted me saying she had just seen mika on the news (well 3 hours ago) and he was talking about new bands like the ting tings, and he's been obsessed with them for quite a while.. the link to the vid was probably already posted here somewhere.. and just to say.. I love the ting tings too, like a lot.. they were performing tonight, jee if only i could pull a sara and rose and have gone and see them, maybe i would have bumped into mika :naughty:

Bummer, that would have been a good chance!!

Btw, I love your pics Danika,they are beter than the prof cause they show us the side that the others don't: the unposed ones, the 'them getting out of the car pics', etc...

I am still SO excited about the fact that he won, you'd think I had been given an award, LOL!!

Forgot to say:

-love his jacket. I LOOOVE it!

-love his pants

-not digging the ring and the hair that much,really

-love Yasmine's outfit and look.

Lovely hotdlp!! Wish i could have been there=] thanx for the pics!

I'm glad to see that the fun bracelets and watches are back, i've always liked those

You're very welcome! Yeah, I was really happy too to see the colourful bracelet :original:

Oh hotdlp those are lovely pics i'm telling ya :wink2:

and he was right to do that cause he knew it would turn out to be so cute :biggrin2:

Thank you! Indeed he was lol.

did ya manage to say hi, or wave at them at least?

Oh I did a lot of waving and shouting (as in just calling out their names) but they didn't see or hear me sadly

So here are the smelly pictures I took today, yes I know they're better than the professional ones :mf_rosetinted:

Sorry I didn't take many, my brain got a bit confused I didn't actually know what I was doing :naughty:

P1010170.jpg

I was trying to take a pic of Mika and Yasmine together but some silly people kept getting in the way :sneaky2:

P1010172.jpg

P1010173.jpg

P1010174.jpg

ciao, con te posso parlare un pò di italiano, ma tu abiti a londra? c'eri anche tu tra i fans che aspettavano MIKA? che fortunati voi londinesi!

Bummer, that would have been a good chance!!

Btw, I love your pics Danika,they are beter than the prof cause they show us the side that the others don't: the unposed ones, the 'them getting out of the car pics', etc...

Indeed, maybe the next time :fisch:

Thank you. I'm glad they're different from the posey ones, wish I had taken more though, I'm obviously useless with the camera when he's around

ciao, con te posso parlare un pò di italiano, ma tu abiti a londra? c'eri anche tu tra i fans che aspettavano MIKA? che fortunati voi londinesi!

Si, abito a Londra :thumb_yello: Ero l'unica fan li :bleh:

Oh I did a lot of waving and shouting (as in just calling out their names) but they didn't see or hear me sadly

too bad. I'm really sorry, danika. well, at least you saw him in flesh again, not bad anyway :wub2:

Hey folks those photos are really too much for me...totally unexpected :shocked:

He's so gorgeous... :blush-anim-cl:

but Mika and Yasmine together are simply amazing :wub2:

I would really like to have a little brother like Mister M :wink2:

...glad he doesn't sleep on the awards :kaf:

Mika, the Beirut-born, London-based "Grace Kelly" singer, 24, told PEOPLE that his new album has been on his mind "every morning, every night, every evening. I took a holiday. I lasted four days, I came back and went straight to work. It's not the point where I can take a holiday now."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20201879,00.html

Doesn't this sound like music to our ears?:wink2:

Or to the eyes?:roftl:

You're very welcome! Yeah, I was really happy too to see the colourful bracelet :original:

I've always really like that heart one so it's good to see that -and the watch of course (only one? haha).

I love his jacket too, how always looks so nice at the award shows, his sisters do well hehe. And Yasmine looks fantastic as well!

of the Penniman clan, i think Yasmine most resembles mika.

So here are the smelly pictures I took today, yes I know they're better than the professional ones :mf_rosetinted:

Sorry I didn't take many, my brain got a bit confused I didn't actually know what I was doing :naughty:

P1010170.jpg

I was trying to take a pic of Mika and Yasmine together but some silly people kept getting in the way :sneaky2:

P1010172.jpg

P1010173.jpg

P1010174.jpg

Thank for this pictures, they are great!

I've always really like that heart one so it's good to see that -and the watch of course (only one? haha).

I love his jacket too, how always looks so nice at the award shows, his sisters do well hehe. And Yasmine looks fantastic as well!

of the Penniman clan, i think Yasmine most resembles mika.

Surprising isn't it? :naughty:

I love the jacket! I love seeing new stuff on him, always looks great (well most of it lol). She really does (I've got to stop complimenting her too much :doh:).

I'm not quite sure yet, cos Yasmine doesn't have the lebanese features as much as the other siblings do, but they do have a bit of a resemblence, like the mouth and the teeth.

Thank for this pictures, they are great!

Twas a pleasure :thumb_yello:

Just got in from a long day at work to find out he won an award... :wub2:

Wasn't sure if he had or not... cos' the news just mentioned Amy yet again...

No mention of our Meeks.... :(

So so so so so pleased he won this award.... can't really sum it up in words...

Just so chuffed for him... his album is utterly amazing, his music is what got me hooked in the first place... you only have to listen to Any Other World to know what a great songwriter he is.... just so glad others have taken note of it and given him the credit he so much deserves.... :)

Things can't get any better for me this week :lmao:

Man Utd win the Champions League and then Mika wins an Ivor Norvello award :)

:wub2:

Surprising isn't it? :naughty:

I love the jacket! I love seeing new stuff on him, always looks great (well most of it lol). She really does (I've got to stop complimenting her too much :doh:).

I'm not quite sure yet, cos Yasmine doesn't have the lebanese features as much as the other siblings do, but they do have a bit of a resemblence, like the mouth and the teeth.

Really? i was thinking the eyes and eyebrows are most alike (not including the color of course :bleh:) she has more of a feminine face shape though.

i feel weird analyzing this much lol.

I wonder where he gets his clothes, i know some are made for him, but the rest...