2008 - MIKA WINS SONGWRITER OF THE YEAR at the Ivors!!!

Blue Sky

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOOOOOOOOOOT !!!!!

This so awesome !!!!! WELL DONE MIKA !!! :punk:

He so deserves this... his songwriting is incredible and unique and is why I love him so much. And this awards means so much to him, I can't say how happy I am for him !!!

I love the idea of the normal ones not being so normal! Does that apply to us MFC'ers as well?:naughty:

Rose, it was the good vibes and good luck that we wished him!!:bleh:

Nothing to do with his own talent or skill, hey?

Really? How so?

--Jack

I had a very one dimensional view of Mika when I first discovered him and became a fan. When I joined this forum I was still very young in my fandom, hadn't seen much (although I thought I'd seen a lot, but didn't know that it was the tip of the iceberg) and I think I just saw the "boy", the arrested development as someone wrote in an article. The childlikeness that he seems to play up sometimes. What saddens me is that I might have continued to have only this view of him. I "logically" know that nobody is ever really as simple or uncomplicated as the face they may show to the world, but for a lot of celebs they don't show anything except that one face. Or you may not be into them enough to bother digging further. Mika is always surprising me, and I just get the feeling that there is a lot more going on underneath that pretty exterior and fun-loving persona. Maybe it surprises me that he's actually a grown-up, I'm not sure. And I'm not saying that he has all these hidden depths or anything, I wouldn't have a clue. And i never will. But there are many, many faces of Mika and when I try and put the pieces together, the resulting picture is more complicated than I could have imagined when I started here 6 months ago.

Am I making sense?

"Freaks" is an awesome movie. Just the kind of thing he'd like, yes. :)

I find Mika childlike...which is much different than childish. He has a fresh wonder about things that makes his art new and fun. Love it.

"Freaks" is an awesome movie. Just the kind of thing he'd like, yes. :)

I find Mika childlike...which is much different than childish. He has a fresh wonder about things that makes his art new and fun. Love it.

Perhaps I've used the wrong word. Hmm. Will go and edit.

Sorry to go way off topic, but Pam, I love your siggie.Is that a Murakami painting?

haha...BINGO BABY..it is...who else?:mf_rosetinted: i love his jellyfishes so ****ing much too,lol

Sfondodeldesktop.jpg

CIMG1050.jpg

an the work he did for LV

eye_love_superflat_black.jpg

you siggie is fun,lol

Let's hear it for the boy. :wink2:

Nice outfit, too.

--Jack

P.S. If we're talking about sisterly resemblances, I'd say Paloma most looks like Mika, then Zuleika, and only then Yasmine...

Me too :punk:

I'm just SO SO SO happy for him!!!!!!! :woot_jump:

The thing that makes me so happy for Mika winning this, is his total respect for the award and what it stands for. He was quite adamant on Wednesday night how important the Novello awards were for songwriters, I was very impressed by his attitude, which when he won it shone through.

Unlike some people's attitude, we all know who I'm talking about, who has everyone at the event running around like headless chickens, so the press don't bother them, not bothering to turn up to pick up their award, choosing to sit outside in their car, then flouncing in at the end to attract the right amount of attention they require, and when being interviewed pretty much say that they don't feel these awards are important enough for them!

I'm sorry, but that takes divaish behavior to the extreme, and I don't care how talented you are, there is a limit and I think it has now been crossed.

So Ms Winehouse, it's time to grow up now and stop acting like a petulant child.

The thing that makes me so happy for Mika winning this, is his total respect for the award and what it stands for. He was quite adamant on Wednesday night how important the Novello awards were for songwriters, I was very impressed by his attitude, which when he won it shone through

Well said, Rose, and I think that really defines Mika, doesn't it? While many

of his contemporaries exhibit almost a disdain for the industry they are in,

Mika shows nothing but class...

It's not the only reason to love him, but it's a big one :thumb_yello:

I said to Robi earlier, when we heard that he'd lost the first award, "Well,

what about songwriter of the year? There are no nominees listed, but

couldn't he win that?" I'm so glad that I was righter than I knew! :naughty:

dcdeb

The thing that makes me so happy for Mika winning this, is his total respect for the award and what it stands for. He was quite adamant on Wednesday night how important the Novello awards were for songwriters, I was very impressed by his attitude, which when he won it shone through.

I mostly feel very concerned for Amy Winehouse--I think it's obvious she's in a really bad state, and considering she looks like she could overdose or die at any moment and seems to have no idea which way is up half the time, I can't work up any sort of condemnation for her actions. I'm not really sure how I can hold her to any expectations or judge her when she isn't in any sort of control of herself.

But I agree entirely that this award seems all the more special in light of how much Mika seems to respect it. I'm really glad he won this, since we all know (thanks to you and Sariflor!) how much it meant to him.

--Jack

While many

of his contemporaries exhibit almost a disdain for the industry they are in,

Mika shows nothing but class...

It's not the only reason to love him, but it's a big one :thumb_yello:

But I agree entirely that this award seems all the more special in light of how much Mika seems to respect it. I'm really glad he won this, since we all know (thanks to you and Sariflor!) how much it meant to him.

--Jack

I totally agree with y'all :thumb_yello:

I can't believe i'm still smiling...I'm so happy for him he really deserved it and knowing that it means a lot to him makes me even more happy that he won! and also the fact that this wasn't something we voted for just makes it even better that others finally realize and see in mika what we have seen in him over a year ago.

I totally agree with y'all :thumb_yello:

I can't believe i'm still smiling...I'm so happy for him he really deserved it and knowing that it means a lot to him makes me even more happy that he won! and also the fact that this wasn't something we voted for just makes it even better that others finally realize and see in mika what we have seen in him over a year ago.

Good point. I mean, we're biased! Well, I think I am anyway. I do try to be critical (I don't think I will ever be able to concede that Erase is a good song), but often my fangurlyness gets in the way.:roftl: