2008 - MIKA WINS SONGWRITER OF THE YEAR at the Ivors!!!

Blue Sky

I'm about ready to puke. First I have to look at him, well not first, but there he is sitting in vogue with a smirk on his face like he's a bossy boss and then he doesn't want any awards and then he does and he wants to move on from grace kelly and he didn't even write the whole song himself! Not to mention the song wasn't written this year!

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:woot_jump:

YAYAYA MIKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOO!!!!

*throws up concert confetti still stuffed in her purse*

Hahha...mine's still in there too, every last bit...and I don't think it'll ever come out, no matter how inconvenient finding stuff in that bag has become :roftl:

I'm about ready to puke. First I have to look at him, well not first, but there he is sitting in vogue with a smirk on his face like he's a bossy boss and then he doesn't want any awards and then he does and he wants to move on from grace kelly and he didn't even write the whole song himself! Not to mention the song wasn't written this year!

:roftl: A right ray of sunshine you are!

welcome :lmfao:

and that's what i call a true fan...

After how excited he was about it, like "it was a big deal", I can only imagine how amazingly happy he must be!!!!!

I'm SO happy for him, so happy! This is the best news of the year!

Well done Mika, this is much more important than the Brits or any of those "schmexy" awards, this is the real deal.[/color]

My thoughts exactly! I'm just so proud of him. It's so heartwarming to have watched his career gain all this momentum. He really is a legend in the making, and it made my day to see him looking all glowy.

And that jacket is perfect. And the flawless white trainers! He's looking so great. :wub2:

My thoughts exactly! I'm just so proud of him. It's so heartwarming to have watched his career gain all this momentum. He really is a legend in the making, and it made my day to see him looking all glowy.

And that jacket is perfect. And the flawless white trainers! He's looking so great. :wub2:

yes, i think we've all had a pretty good day. regardless of what other things may have happened in our RL. this made my day brighter!

:argue:

159 posts and you still hate him??? :huh:

The award wasn't about Grace Kelly.:doh:

He won SONGWRITER OF THE YEAR.

That's a sort of general CATCH-ALL for, you know, that little bit of work that he has put out in the past year.

Better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick any day.:poke:

Yay for Mika!

Just wanted to add my two cents worth and by the way he looks pretty yummy :drool:

Fantastic news!

Oh, I just got an email alert through from one of the aussie mags about the awards- no mention of Mika of course just that amy Winehouse got there just as her dad was accepting her award for her :naughty:

That's our boy!!

SONGWRITER OF THE YEAR: Mika

http://www.theivors.org/awards.html

mika_1880011.jpg

mika_1879551.jpg

(thanks Avoca)

1990833095-mika-recompense-londres-photo.jpg?x=335&y=450&q=75&sig=ZwGAtzJrbMOWnzxEUjEcCg--

5.jpg

(thanks Avoca)

9218139ey9.jpg

(thanks Dani)

3.jpg

765688bh-1.jpg

(Thanks guylainem!)

Avoca's pics here:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1480194&postcount=115

Videos:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=RH4EgDChlqw

"The Ivors are kinda scary"

"It means alot"

"I would really really like to win something today"

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=t5EqOghnqMM from 1:03

"I am still the same artist and I still have the same obsessions and perversions, and that's going to be reflected in all my albums probably"

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=UWGcFReAhwQ

congrats to mika

those photos are stunning

what, all the fangirls in medieval costumes, accompanied with noble steeds and jousting stick? In London? Or anywhere in the world? Wow - never really thought about it. It's sooooooooooooo common.

:mf_rosetinted:

It's a very well-known hobby Caz! Especially in London, why do you think he looks tired a lot in all those pics, well maybe not the recent ones, doesn't look like it's been happening for a while. *takes the jousting stick out*

P.S. If we're talking about sisterly resemblances, I'd say Paloma most looks like Mika, then Zuleika, and only then Yasmine...

I agree :thumb_yello: Zuleika and Paloma definitely have more of a resemblance to Mika than Yasmine

It's a very well-known hobby Caz! Especially in London, why do you think he looks tired a lot in all those pics, well maybe not the recent ones, doesn't look like it's been happening for a while. *takes the jousting stick out*

What time is it for you Danika? Shouldn't you be asleep?:wink2:

Edit: never mind, i've just realised it's morning for you, not middle of the night!

He sure is a cutie though! :naughty:

Love you Mika, let me know if you need some help :)

I had a dream one morning that Mika was like.. "why won't you tell me you love me?" and then we kissed. I was happy for days.

...So is this a recent disgust then? Or is it just awards that set off your gag reflex? :wink2:

By the way, he basically wrote Grace Kelly himself, and then he had help in "polishing" it. But he recorded demos of that that song before he ever met Jodi Marr.

--Jack

WELL DONE SOLDIER!!

Fabulous pics....your hands weren't even shaking!!

See you wouldn't think that from the pics, but I actually was, slightly, I must have a good camera :naughty:

What time is it for you Danika? Shouldn't you be asleep?:wink2:

Edit: never mind, i've just realised it's morning for you, not middle of the night!

Lol :naughty: It's only 7.33 am, I should be heading to school.. guess it can wait though.

Don't puke, it gives such a mess:mf_rosetinted:

P1010170.jpg

I was trying to take a pic of Mika and Yasmine together but some silly people kept getting in the way :sneaky2:

P1010172.jpg

P1010173.jpg

I got told off by security when taking this picture lol.

P1010174.jpg

Great pics Danika !!!!!:wub2:

*bows to you *