2008 - MIKA WINS SONGWRITER OF THE YEAR at the Ivors!!!

Blue Sky

wow! That's amazing!!!!!

and it's not like "sexiest male" or "best newcomer"...this is BEST SONGWRITER....something more to do with his work and something more credible!!! well done Mika!!! We're proud!!!!!!!

maybe you could win such a thing with your scripts :naughty::naughty:

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations!

l_hug.gif

...and now go and WRITE SONGS!! :wink2:

:naughty:

wow! That's amazing!!!!!

and it's not like "sexiest male" or "best newcomer"...this is BEST SONGWRITER....something more to do with his work and something more credible!!! well done Mika!!! We're proud!!!!!!!

Good point!:thumb_yello:

I guess he's gonna parteee and celebrate tonight. Shame I'm knackred to go out and about tonight and have a sighting:roftl:.

Oh, really!:roftl:

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no words!!

WELL DONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Holy cr@p!! After how excited he was about it, like "it was a big deal", I can only imagine how amazingly happy he must be!!!!!

I'm SO happy for him, so happy! This is the best news of the year!

Well done Mika, this is much more important than the Brits or any of those "schmexy" awards, this is the real deal.

I still can't believe it.

Well done!!

I guess he's gonna parteee and celebrate tonight. Shame I'm knackred to go out and about tonight and have a sighting:roftl:.

You wouldn't pass up a chance for a "sighting" at such a time, would you Sara????:mf_rosetinted:

I agree this is THE REAL DEAL. That was why I thought it deserved a dedicated thread, and needed me to stay up till 2am to chat with all of you about how WONDERFUL this is.

Songwriter of the year must be the biggest accolade.

I'm too excited to go to bed. I'm just so pleased for him that he's getting the recognition, particularly in the light of some other people's *coughSimonCowellcough* opinion of his songwriting. Of course, we all knew he was a genius!

I don't know much about the Ivors, but I got the following quote from their site. Must be quite prestigious, I am so thrilled for Mika. He must be elated.

I remember coming here the very first time with my mates John, George and Ringo. Sitting back there just as little kids we were … and it was just fantastic to be part of this songwriting thing. It was always the greatest award – the greatest thing to get for songwriters. I think it still is.” Sir Paul McCartney.

so well done so well done!!!

pls sara, caz, rose, danika, bab.....go around and find him and smack a big kiss oh his cheek and hug him for all of us!!!:punk:

ok ok

relax! :naughty:

best songwriter...THIS is an award!!! :thumb_yello:

congratulations mika...have a great party tonight!:thumb_yello:

any vid yet? :wink2:

for mama penniman...have you seen....you said he would win something in the next years...next years....oh no! glory is now! he deserves it!:thumb_yello:

so well done so well done!!!

pls sara, caz, rose, bab..go around and find him and smack a big kiss oh his cheek and hug him for all of us!!!:punk:

ok ok

relax! :naughty:

best songwriter...THIS is an award!!!

congratulations mika...have a great party tonight!:thumb_yello:

any vid yet? :wink2:

for mama penniman...have you seen....you said he would win something in the next years...next years....oh no! glory is now! he deserves it!:thumb_yello:

WE are all proud Mamas tonight, eh Robi??? :thumb_yello:

On that happy note, I must go to bed! Someone post the vids and more pics before I get up tomorrow, OK? My job is done for today.:wub2:

I don't know much about the Ivors, but I got the following quote from their site. Must be quite prestigious, I am so thrilled for Mika. He must be elated.

I remember coming here the very first time with my mates John, George and Ringo. Sitting back there just as little kids we were … and it was just fantastic to be part of this songwriting thing. It was always the greatest award – the greatest thing to get for songwriters. I think it still is.” Sir Paul McCartney.

Nice quote :thumb_yello:

WE are all proud Mamas tonight, eh Robi??? :thumb_yello:

On that happy note, I must go to bed! Someone post the vids and more pics before I get up tomorrow, OK? My job is done for today.:wub2:

thanks BS for being so helpful here, yes proud mamas we are!:thumb_yello:

good night, sleep tight!

and

sweet dreams...why not? :wink2: