is it just me or does NOONE is the U.S know about mika?????

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah! I know, I was just talking about this with my sister today. I get funky with my CD player in school and people are like "Oh who are you listening to?" and when I say Mika everybody is like..who is that? but then you sing a bit of Grace Kelly and occasionally some people know at least that song...

but basically I have no friends/associates who like Mika like I do...which is why I love this website!!

but then again..it is nice because if he does come back perhaps the concerts will be more personal?

I completely agree!!! The radio isn't playing his (fabulous) music and it makes me mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :furious: I don't really know what their reason is...it better be pretty good if they continue to deprive so many innocent people of his contagious melodies! :protest: START PLAYING MIKA!

When I drool :drool: over him at school (with my ONE friend who knows him too), everyone asks who I am talking about. Huh???? You don't know Mika???? *jaw drops* :jawdrop: I want him to become more popular in the U.S. so he will come back and tour again! (Maybe next year?) Please Mika, come back!!!

Don't worry...Mika will be popular. (Ladies, do we really want more competition? We have first dibs! lol.) It's only a matter of time before he is selling out in every major stadium! Everyone in the MFC already knows that he is a living legend! :thumb_yello:

well, they are starting to use Mika's songs in movies more and more, actually, that is how I discovered Mika!

it was for some new comedy

this one...My best friends girl. and I heard love today and I was like I have to listen to that song! and BAM. instant love for his music.

Then Grace Kelly was in the beginning of What happens in vegas :)

well for a while i felt the same as ya'll about how mika isn't recognized over here in the us. but now that i think about, you know fast musicians/artists go 'out of style' and how they were soo 'last year' i'm afraid if mika became that big here, well he'd just become one of those. and people probably wouldn't really recognize him for his true talents...

well thats my input. even though i still sometimes wish i lived in europe so i could hear more news about him:bleh:

ITS A CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

I think it's just you :wink2:

Seriously... he's not as popular here at all and it's a mixed blessing.

On one hand, we don't get to hear him on radio or see him on MTV

as much as we would like. OTOH, when he tours here, there isn't

the craziness that you see in Europe... So, while we all want to see

him become a HUGELY popular star worldwide, in some ways it's nice

that he's relatively undiscovered by much of America. :)

dcdeb

Seriously... he's not as popular here at all and it's a mixed blessing.

On one hand, we don't get to hear him on radio or see him on MTV

as much as we would like.

Hmmm...hearing songs on the radio I've already heard 5,000 times on my iPod or seeing Mika in a club instead of a stadium. Tough call. :ap_rosetinted:

Hmmm...hearing songs on the radio I've already heard 5,000 times on my iPod or seeing Mika in a club instead of a stadium. Tough call. :ap_rosetinted:

As my Italian friends would say: a punto. Exactly.

And you've only heard them 5000 times?

What kind of a fan are you? :naughty:

dcdeb

As my Italian friends would say: a punto. Exactly.

And you've only heard them 5000 times?

What kind of a fan are you? :naughty:

dcdeb

haha yeah. Us true fans have listened to them at least 5001 times! :roftl:

I really think it's a shame he doesn't get much airplay in america it sucks but to be honest I don't think he ever will!!

Not that he doesn't have enormous talent (he has it by the bucket load & then some) it's just in my experience 'most americans' just don't 'get' that kind of artist that Mika is so therefore they refuse to play their music, i don't think they'll ever 'get' him to be honest!

I'd love for the americans to prove me wrong but i doubt we'll see it happen, he may become a bit more popular over there but not as half as successful as over here!!!

I think American fans should enjoy it while we can! One day we might be nostalgic for the days when Mika was not playing stadium shows!

*points to mommylovesmika's comment*

*nods emphatically*

*sings a country song*

"You're gonna miss this, you're gonna want this back

you're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..."

yeah! I know, I was just talking about this with my sister today. I get funky with my CD player in school and people are like "Oh who are you listening to?" and when I say Mika everybody is like..who is that? but then you sing a bit of Grace Kelly and occasionally some people know at least that song...

but basically I have no friends/associates who like Mika like I do...which is why I love this website!!

but then again..it is nice because if he does come back perhaps the concerts will be more personal?

sry, i'm not from the US, but i have the same prob (as u can prob see i'm still the only trinidadian on MFC) and this is the exact prob i have...ppl r like "who is mika? what is his music like?" and i'm always like here i have his songs on my phone, and i play GK, since it's the most popular (don't really see why i prefer LT) and then most r like "ohhh that's mika?! yeah i heard that song. isn't he gay?" - i swear everybody says the saaaaame thing :blink: