MIKA on perez again.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I do like perez and i think his role in mika's career esp. in the US has been important, but to say mika's sold so many copies of his debut album in one week due just to perez's blog posts, i think it's to stretch it a bit too much.. :blink:

and no, it's not himself who wrote so, so much for his modesty. *bows* :wink2:

but to say mika's sold so many copies of his debut album in one week due just to perez's blog posts, i think it's to stretch it a bit too much.. :blink:

Yeah it is a bit of a stretch, particularly when you see the early comments about Mika on his site. :shocked:

what did he say? or do i not want to know? :blink:

I meant comments from Perez's readers. Nasty stuff. :thumbdown: You still get them now, but at least it's balanced with a lot of Mika fans posting too.

I meant comments from Perez's readers. Nasty stuff. :thumbdown: You still get them now, but at least it's balanced with a lot of Mika fans posting too.

i always wondered if the positive posters on perez were from here lol

well, I do like perez and i think his role in mika's career esp. in the US has been important, but to say mika's sold so many copies of his debut album in one week due just to perez's blog posts, i think it's to stretch it a bit too much.. :blink:

and no, it's not himself who wrote so, so much for his modesty. *bows* :wink2:

Well I think Perez has deffinately helped Mika in the US. He's certainly given Mika great publicity, and if Mika isn't played on the radio over there, he needs someone like Perez. But even if Perez's blogs HAVE helped Mika sell his album, it's Mika's talent which will make them love the album and come back for more. In my view, anyone who helps Mika get well known in American is alright by me, and if Perez gets extra publicity because of Mika, that's okay too as far as I'm concerned.

i always wondered if the positive posters on perez were from here lol

Yes because they always come in a huge flood...i.e. after the blog entry gets posted on MFC. :roftl:

we are so predictable, aren't we..? :fisch:

Well I think Perez has deffinately helped Mika in the US. He's certainly given Mika great publicity, and if Mika isn't played on the radio over there, he needs someone like Perez. But even if Perez's blogs HAVE helped Mika sell his album, it's Mika's talent which will make them love the album and come back for more. In my view, anyone who helps Mika get well known in American is alright by me, and if Perez gets extra publicity because of Mika, that's okay too as far as I'm concerned.

never ever said perez didn't help mika to sell in the US, in fact -if ya read my post completely- you'll see that's what i wrote too.

and you'll also see i wrote I like perez and so he's totally someone I don't judge and someone I respect.

what I said (also said in my post) is that the journalist who wrote the article about perez, stretched it a bit too much by saying it's all due to perez's word of mouth if mika did so well in 1st week sales of his album.

dead giveaway lol we are so predictable! :naughty:

hahahaha i always leave my name as my mfc name hahahahahaha! :naughty::naughty:

o and today if u read that interview with perez in blender magazine he mentions mika!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was like omg! i need that magazine hahaha but then i read the rest and i was like ummmmm... maybe not hahahha:naughty::naughty:

You endorse a lot of musicians on your site. Do they ever contact you?

Madonna, who I love, sent me a video. A video she made for me, where she asks me if I love her more than I love my dog Teddy and says she’s a good bitch and that she’ll get on all fours and fetch a ball for me. I’m like, Oh. My. God! I’m friendly with Katy Perry, Beth Ditto, Mika, Josh Groban. I was just texting Pete Wentz.

we are so predictable, aren't we..? :fisch:

never ever said perez didn't help mika to sell in the US, in fact -if ya read my post completely- you'll see that's what i wrote too.

and you'll also see i wrote I like perez and so he's totally someone I don't judge and someone I respect.

what I said (also said in my post) is that the journalist who wrote the article about perez, stretched it a bit too much by saying it's all due to perez's word of mouth if mika did so well in 1st week sales of his album.

I'm very sorry for missunderstanding your post. I know we're all very grateful to Perez for what he's done for Mika in the US.

The Next Clive Davis???

aangeleno_june_perezhilton__oPt.jpg

Angeleno magazine has written a very cool article about your favorite Laptop Samurai and his role in the music industry for their latest issue.

http://perezhilton.com/2008-06-03-the-next-clive-davis

Thanks for posting this, great article.

I really love his passion for music, and how he goes so far in helping artists like Mika to get the recognition they need. :thumb_yello:

Doesn't the article say that it was Mika's label - record label - who reckon the sales of the album were helped a lot by Perez's championing of Mika? That's not the same as Perez, or the journalist, saying that was the reason.

But of course lots of people will have seen mention of Mika on the blog and this will have helped his name to become known. If he doesn't get any airplay over there then it's perhaps just as well someone like Perez took it on himself to 'promote' him! The record company can't be doing such a good job can they?:boxed:

's all right :wink2:

Thanks Avoca. I actually think Mika's record company (as someone else has mentioned) are not promoting Mika as they should. Over here in Britain, when an artist has a single or an album out, they are on all the shows on ITV promoting it. Alanis Morisett (probably not spelled right) was on loads of things recently. But Mika is never on anything when he's got something coming out. Also, the DVD was not advertised on TV, even though Amy Winehouse's and Take That's were both advertised well.

His label just don't seem to want to promote him, and that's such a shame, because when he's interviewed, he's fantastic!

So obviously, when someone like Perez is willing to promote him, at least in America, that's fantastic. Go Perez!!

Thanks Avoca. I actually think Mika's record company (as someone else has mentioned) are not promoting Mika as they should. Over here in Britain, when an artist has a single or an album out, they are on all the shows on ITV promoting it. Alanis Morisett (probably not spelled right) was on loads of things recently. But Mika is never on anything when he's got something coming out. Also, the DVD was not advertised on TV, even though Amy Winehouse's and Take That's were both advertised well.

His label just don't seem to want to promote him, and that's such a shame, because when he's interviewed, he's fantastic!

So obviously, when someone like Perez is willing to promote him, at least in America, that's fantastic. Go Perez!!

oh, indeed go perez. :thumb_yello: and I sincerely like to see someone putting so much care and true affection on our boy.. it's very sweet of him. :wub2: