2008 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS of MIKA @ Parc des Princes, Paris

marthastewart

Well, Matthew W didn't wear fantastic clothes either in the first new vid on MikaSounds :naughty:

But at least the braces were back :bleh:

You mean that colorful sweater? I loved that!:mf_lustslow:

And if Mika wore jeans and a normal t-shirt to this gig, it would've ruined the circus element he wanted. He needed his ringmaster clothes :naughty:

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you got it right though Rominita. I think it did mean a lot to him and it is something to be proud of, most certainly. But not great for me, that's all and as I said there were probably thousands of other fans who were more than happy with the show, so......

And please don't ever worry about your English, it's pretty good!

oh thanks!

Do you know what I'm thinking? Now that we said that we don't like Relax as much since Dave has put his keys in it, and it sounds "wrong", maybe they will use some recording of Luke in the future instead of Dave playing, to keep us all happy:naughty:.

Those things can be done, no? I don't know much but I think that they can record some bits and not play them live, no?

So people, if Relax starts sounding better now, after 3 nights of "no good", we KNOW what has happened :roftl:

Yes I didn't want to go either because of the same reason.

Too big, too much people on stage doing a lot of things when you actually just want to see Mika himself and listen to his music!:thumb_yello:

Well put Sienna; that is exactly why I was not going to go...until he convinced Rose and I :naughty: and we fell for his charms...

Or even better: Luke's commming back! But that's never gonna happen ;__;

Never say never...that is what Mika implied when I spoke to him about it:wink2: Perhaps if they get not-so-good feeback of the new guy, they will reconsider the decision and see that Luke was indeed better.

Even though he doesn't do "boyband flashiness" like the new guy, with all those little poses and his done-up hair.

I really appreciate a keyboard player for his musical skills, I don't give a toss about how "cute" he looks on the stage. Maybe some other people should also start caring about that instead of his looks:roftl:.

Never say never...that is what Mika implied when I spoke to him about it:wink2: Perhaps if they get not-so-good feeback of the new guy, they will reconsider the decision and see that Luke was indeed better.

Even though he doesn't do "boyband flashiness" with all those little poses and his done-up hair.

I really appreciate a keyboard player for his musical skills, I don't give a toss about how "cute" he looks on the stage. Maybe some other people should also start caring about that instead of his looks:roftl:.

Care to explain? :naughty:

This Sunshine guy could just be temporary...

Uh... Sara, I'll have to disagree with you here. What makes you say the new guy ain't skilled?

(Besides, i'm sorry to say, but you don't need to be THAT skilled to play keyboards on Mika's songs ;))

Care to explain? :naughty:

This Sunshine guy could just be temporary...

I was quite surprised myself when Mika said that "Luke was not gone forever, he just wasn't here now, etc", because it had been presented like quite a definite fact before that :roftl:.

So I am thinking that *maybe* the reactions that this whole thing gets may have some sort of impact on it and sway it. Or maybe not, what do I know, but it certainly "was" definite before so I am a bit confused now.

Maybe he was just being defensive when I presented him with the issue.

Then again we do know that Mika can be like a politician sometimes and that he says lots of things that..ahem...don't materialise:naughty:

I was quite surprised myself when Mika said that "Luke was not gone forever, he just wasn't here now, etc", because it had been presented like quite a definite fact before that :roftl:.

So I am thinking that *maybe* the reactions that this whole thing gets may have some sort of impact on it and sway it. Or maybe not, what do I know, but it certainly "was" definite before so I am a bit confused now.

Maybe he was just being defensive when I presented him with the issue.

Then again we do know that Mika can be like a politician sometimes and that he says lots of things that..ahem...don't materialise:naughty:

It'll be interesting to see what happens in a few months:naughty:

Uh... Sara, I'll have to disagree with you here. What makes you say the new guy ain't skilled?

(Besides, i'm sorry to say, but you don't need to be THAT skilled to play keyboards on Mika's songs ;))

As I said before, someone from the entourage mentioned on the night that the new guy "is not as good technically as Luke". These are direct, literal words.

I don't know enough music to make a statement like this, so I will accept it when someone who does says it.

And then on a subjective note, I personally find the new Relax with his keys worse than the old one.

Too slow, to "soft" and just lacking something. It IS different, and in my opinion for the worse.

So there:bleh:

Yeah but I doubt once again it was David's initiative to play it this way.

Blame Mr Curls.:mf_rosetinted:

Moreover, I do perfectly understand that under the present financiary conditions, Mika decides to hire someone who is less technical lol, he has to pay for another backup singer now, remember :naughty::naughty:

Just kidding, I've always said that Luke was a great pianist but that his talent couldn't show playing Mika songs cause they're musically speaking very simple.

As I said before, someone from the entourage mentioned on the night that the new guy "is not as good technically as Luke". These are direct, literal words.

I don't know enough music to make a statement like this, so I will accept it when someone who does says it.

And then on a subjective note, I personally find the new Relax with his keys worse than the old one.

Too slow, to "soft" and just lacking something. It IS different, and in my opinion for the worse.

So there:bleh:

I agree, I think Luke had more of a strength to his playing, it drove the songs and you could hear it clearly, plus he had a ton more dynamics than this guy.

whereas the new guy simply plays what is written, he doesn't put his own little touches in them that lets us really feel the part. but who knows, maybe Mika prefers that.

Yeah but I doubt once again it was David's initiative to play it this way.

Blame Mr Curls.:mf_rosetinted:

Moreover, I do perfectly understand that under the present financiary conditions, Mika decides to hire someone who is less technical lol, he has to pay for another backup singer now, remember :naughty::naughty:

Just kidding, I've always said that Luke was a great pianist but that his talent couldn't show playing Mika songs cause they're musically speaking very simple.

You know, at this point I have actually started wondering how much detail Mika controls personally, and how much he leaves to his crew and musical director....Just a feeling I have.

So I am not sure how directly involved he'd be in changing it, or whose idea it is,etc..

Hell, it could even be the type of keyboard that they are using! I seem to recall that Luke had his own gear, so this would all be new stuff, or Dave's stuff, etc...

Anyway I have been procrastinating tonight like there's no tomorrow, and have to go to bed. I am knackered and I still need to get myself to Amsterdam tomorrow after a full working day :thumbdown:.

See you there!!! Tot morgen!

Somebody said once, I forget which bandmember, that Mika lets them kind of add their pieces in and he appreciates that- I think it was Cherisse. So maybe David just hasn't gotten comfortable with chiming in like that yet. But Luke was somethin' else!

I agree, I think Luke had more of a strength to his playing, it drove the songs and you could hear it clearly, plus he had a ton more dynamics than this guy.

whereas the new guy simply plays what is written, he doesn't put his own little touches in them that lets us really feel the part. but who knows, maybe Mika prefers that.

That's exactly what it is.

And I really hope that Mika doesn't prefer this, because I find that it turns a briliant song into a "bland, middle of the road" one to a certain degree, so I hope that this is not how it's all going to go.

Dave, get some hot, red blood in your veins mate!!

You know, at this point I have actually started wondering how much detail Mika controls personally, and how much he leaves to his crew and musical director....Just a feeling I have.

So I am not sure how directly involved he'd be in changing it, or whose idea it is,etc..

Hell, it could even be the type of keyboard that they are using! I seem to recall that Luke had his own gear, so this would all be new stuff, or Dave's stuff, etc...

Anyway I have been procrastinating tonight like there's no tomorrow, and have to go to bed. I am knackered and I still need to get myself to Amsterdam tomorrow after a full working day :thumbdown:.

See you there!!! Tot morgen!

Oh you're going to Amsterdam as well? Cool!:punk:

Goodnight Sara, sleep well and thanks for the videos! :huglove:

Oh you're going to Amsterdam as well? Cool!:punk:

Goodnight Sara, sleep well and thanks for the videos! :huglove:

I am, yes ,to the mudfest! :naughty:

Thank you:wub2:. And I will try and upload the rest tomorrow durig the day, I still have Love Today, Grace Kelly, Lollipop, the acoustic and french version of Grace Kelly, and the Relax encore.

Oh btw, excuse the booing in Happy Ending, we just couldn't help it :blush-anim-cl:

Thank you:wub2:. And I will try and upload the rest tomorrow durig the day, I still have Love Today, Grace Kelly, Lollipop, the acoustic and french version of Grace Kelly, and the Relax encore.

Oh btw, excuse the booing in Happy Ending, we just couldn't help it :blush-anim-cl:

Booing? Oh, is that when he introduced the band? :lol3:

I wasn't there, admittedly, but I am sure I did hear Sunshine adding his own little bits in. Maybe they just weren't the bits we were used to.

And I have wondered all along if maybe he was appearing on a temp basis. He seems like he has a busy enough life outside Mika.

Maybe it was just for the Paris show he wanted to use him, maybe he had something else to do with the planning/musical production or whatever behind the scenes....and maybe that required him to also be at every other show in the summer....just a thought....aloud....

You have no idea how helpless i felt when i knew that there was a huge mika gig going on somewhere and i couldnt go to it!! but it's not so bad when you have amazing MFC'ers who post the videos, pics, audio, and reports of the gigs!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! It's almost as good as going to the gig for real. omg i have no idea what i would do without the MFC!!

I know:naughty:

That's why I wanted Mika to hire me

:roftl:

I bet you're good though!

Thank you. And I will try and upload the rest tomorrow durig the day, I still have Love Today, Grace Kelly, Lollipop, the acoustic and french version of Grace Kelly, and the Relax encore.

You were booing?!:shocked:

And what? So there is going to be mud in Amsterdam?

No, we will have sunshine!:naughty:

Sweat dreams, see you in Amsterdam!:thumb_yello:

I know:naughty:

That's why I wanted Mika to hire me :lol3:

:roftl:

i bet you can play as good as "sunshine":naughty: