2008 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS of MIKA @ Parc des Princes, Paris

marthastewart

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks Niki27 and marthastewart and others for your reports, pics and uploads! :thumb_yello:

I truly enjoyed your posts and friendly jokes about pizzas and Mika's pants, etc (didn't go through all of them, but I hope that the rest was also friendly) as on those good old times a couple of months ago when I discovered MFC. :thumb_yello:

Anyway this is the infamous picture.....As you can see, I kinda crashed his picture with other people to quietly stand there next to him, LOL!! I don't even know if he actually clicked on what was going on, but hey, I got the pic. Naughty...

IMG_2812.jpg

:naughty::naughty::naughty:

Picture of the day!!!

(proud boybander and an adoring "fangirl"):mf_lustslow:

Did everyone love this then?

I just hated it.

It left me just feeling empty.

I will probably look spectacular on dvd and perhaps was live if you were right at the front, but from where we were in the seated area (and they were quite good seats) the sound was terrible (to me) Mika looked manic, he was running around too much for his voice to be good.

And then to cap it all, David Whitmey....

I just wasn't feeling it at all.

The set and effects were good...the streamers at the end were really nice.

Afterwards, I just felt like, why am I here?

Just questioning everything. I lost it completely and it made me really sad that my Mika fandom had just totally fizzled out.

It was horrible. I really felt that I had just come to the end of the road with Mika.

Sorry to spoil your nice thread, but that's how I saw and felt about Paris on Friday.

Paris itself was fabulou though.

I just hated it.

I will probably look spectacular on dvd and perhaps was live if you were right at the front, but from where we were in the seated area (and they were quite good seats) the sound was terrible (to me) Mika looked manic, he was running around too much for his voice to be good.

Just questioning everything. I lost it completely and it made me really sad that my Mika fandom had just totally fizzled out.

It was horrible. I really felt that I had just come to the end of the road with Mika.

Sorry to spoil your nice thread, but that's how I saw and felt about Paris on Friday.

I was not there and I wish I was... But I've seen pics and videos, and even though it must have been a great show, I think I would prefer to see a more simple gig for my first Mika gig. I felt as if it was a bit too much...

I just hated it.

Aw it's a shame you didn't enjoy it much Babs, but hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so feel free to say whatever you want about it :wink2:

I just hated it.

I know where you're coming from, and this is what I was trying to say. It was a great show, but because of the size of it, it's something that will look spectacular on tape, or from afar, but will never have the same feel that we love about his smaller gigs.

That is what it comes down to. For me, the experience was obviously different because when he came down to the catwalk we were as close as "usual", but I must admit that I would gladly change that for any of his smaller gigs, any time.

For me the Toronto gig cannot be beaten, for the reasons that I mentioned above: we were as close as you can get, and it was just about Mika and the music, that's all.

No artefacts ,etc.

These stadium shows are very impressive, and I am genuinely happy for him because he filled it and he should be proud, but to me it's not as good (and will never be) as a "small" gig, where he can actually communicate with us. And us with him.

These videos that I took this time are SO depressing. Half the time I can't even see what Mika is doing on stage!! So yes, of course I liked the gig, cause I don't think that I could ever go to a Mika gig and not enjoy it, I love the guy too much, but it certainly has that "mass" feeling that leaves one kind of thinking...hm...is this how I want things to end up being?

It's a bit like the clothes: all this designer hype, and to me they look quite ugly. I much prefer him in a plain Tshirt (preferably the one I made :roftl:) and some jeans, and delivering the music as it is. Simple, honest, genuine.

No circus, no fanfair, no special effects.

No backing singers doing raps as fillers:thumbdown:.

I loved I just Can't Get Enough so much, yet that rap killed it for me, lol!!

Having said all this, I really would not have missed this for anything. I really wanted to be there for Mika's first massive gig, after seeing how much it meant to him, but I do hope that he remembers that smaller gigs are much much nicer for his audience and never stops doing them.

Or I would definitely be off, I am not prepared to do this again and again. I'd do it again in Wembley and that is it.

It's too horrible to wait for so many hours, have all those crowd issues, not be able to go to the toilet for hours (and need to drink cause of the heat), sit through a few acts that you don't care about, and then only see him properly or half decently for about a quarter of the time that he's on stage.

I was not there and I wish I was... But I've seen pics and videos, and even though it must have been a great show, I think I would prefer to see a more simple gig for my first Mika gig. I felt as if it was a bit too much...

Yes, I think that it would be much nicer to go to a smaller one, you'd get a lot more out of it I guess.

I just hated it.

Afterwords, I just felt like, why am I here?

Just questioning everything. I lost it completely and it made me really sad that my Mika random had just totally fizzled out.

I think it's one of those gigs that you can say in future I was there.

I did not enjoy the stadium experience at all:thumbdown: As bab said the sound was crap even though (from what I could see) it looked spectacular.

I would like to see this on DVD though- I imagine it would look great.

I had a great time in France though and thought Paris was great-It was nice to see fellow MFCers.

I also didn't see him afterwards- I wasn't sure I wanted too as I would of been moaning about the stadium but when I decided to see him, he went.

I also didn't see him after in Arras, I'm pretty gutted:blink:

Arras gig was amazing though, I had a fab time.

You are the luckiest person in the world! Oh my god!

Did you take photos/videos from your perfect position? :das:

nope i couldnt :tears: because i had my digital camera stolen the day i arrived in paris :crybaby: but i am kind of glad i didnt because now i actually got to watch the whole show where as at the terminal 5 one i was paying to much attention in taking pics that i probably missed alot, but i just looked through this whole thread and saved all the pics lol!

HI EVERYONE!

emmm

firts i would like to said something,abaut the show!,

I do not have the oppportunity yet to go to ones of those recitals, but i would like to,

and, in my opinion, the smallers shows are the best, cause you can enjoy more the show, but I must say that the big ones are amazing!, I mean, not for us, for the singer, in this case, for Mika,

just imagine being a singer a sing for all those people!! I think it means a lot for him

oh i am sory, my englis is not as goos as yours haha

Do you know what I'm thinking? Now that we said that we don't like Relax as much since Dave has put his keys in it, and it sounds "wrong", maybe they will use some recording of Luke in the future instead of Dave playing, to keep us all happy:naughty:.

Those things can be done, no? I don't know much but I think that they can record some bits and not play them live, no?

So people, if Relax starts sounding better now, after 3 nights of "no good", we KNOW what has happened :roftl:

I just hated it.

That's exactly why I didn't go.

If I did go I knew that I'd proibably come out feeling like that.:thumbdown:

ok, finally all the vids are uploaded.

Love Today:

Mika on Drums, i'm not that happy with the quality but i love the dragon at the beginning and the way the atmosphere was captured :wink2:

Relax encore

Grace Kelly, he made the audience scream kachinga like he did in Berlin in November, i loved it..

Intro. i love this one 'cause you can hear the three of us in the background and we sound so excited :naughty:

Stuck In The Middle, the little boy tap dancing on the piano, and his 'dad' (that's just my interpretation) not being happy about it at first but then smiling and accepting little boy's weird passion. it was beautiful and it touched me, but don't tell anyone.. oh, and the giant pizza flying around at 3:00 :roftl:

Any Other World:

Rain:

finito at last, next round coming after Amsterdam :naughty:

Thanks a million. Will you do it all again for us in Amsterdam?? ~x~

I just hated it.

So sorry to hear you didn't appreciate the circus!:wink2:

Do you know what I'm thinking? Now that we said that we don't like Relax as much since Dave has put his keys in it, and it sounds "wrong", maybe they will use some recording of Luke in the future instead of Dave playing, to keep us all happy:naughty:.

Those things can be done, no? I don't know much but I think that they can record some bits and not play them live, no?

So people, if Relax starts sounding better now, after 3 nights of "no good", we KNOW what has happened :roftl:

Luke, the ghost key boardist!:roftl:

That's exactly why I didn't go.

If I did go I knew that I'd proibably come out feeling like that.:thumbdown:

Yes I didn't want to go either because of the same reason.

Too big, too much people on stage doing a lot of things when you actually just want to see Mika himself and listen to his music!:thumb_yello:

I know where you're coming from, and this is what I was trying to say. It was a great show, but because of the size of it, it's something that will look spectacular on tape, or from afar, but will never have the same feel that we love about his smaller gigs

For me the Toronto gig cannot be beaten, for the reasons that I mentioned above: we were as close as you can get, and it was just about Mika and the music, that's all.

No artefacts ,etc.

These stadium shows are very impressive, and I am genuinely happy for him because he filled it and he should be proud, but to me it's not as good (and will never be) as a "small" gig, where he can actually communicate with us. And us with him.

Having said all this, I really would not have missed this for anything. I really wanted to be there for Mika's first massive gig, after seeing how much it meant to him, but I do hope that he remembers that smaller gigs are much much nicer for his audience and never stops doing them.

Or I would definitely be off, I am not prepared to do this again and again. I'd do it again in Wembley and that is it.

It's too horrible to wait for so many hours, have all those crowd issues, not be able to go to the toilet for hours (and need to drink cause of the heat), sit through a few acts that you don't care about, and then only see him properly or half decently for about a quarter of the time that he's on stage.

I agree, with these points. I hated it, but I am glad I saw it. Now I really do know that these kind of gigs are not for me.

The crowd was awesome though, just looking out over the stadium the size of the crowd was unbelieveable, and well done to Mika for that, if he can sell out that size of gig, then of course he will, it's just not for me.

The effects were good, but again we couldn't see the full effect, but kudos to him for pulling it off.

I mean, there were 54,999 other people that probably enjoyed it, so I don't expect Mika will lose too much sleep over my opinion.

However, Arras was a totally different matter. Much more relaxed, much more spontaneous, much more casual, much more Mika. I loved it. It made me remember why I am here and why I'm not ready to bale out just yet.

Fantastic gig, thanks Mika.

:roftl:

Or even better: Luke's commming back! But that's never gonna happen ;__;

HI EVERYONE!

emmm

I do not have the oppportunity yet to go to ones of those recitals, but i would like to,

and, in my opinion, the smallers shows are the best, cause you can enjoy more the show, but I must say that the big ones are amazing!, I mean, not for us, for the singer, in this case, for Mika,

just imagine being a singer a sing for all those people!! I think it means a lot for him

I think you got it right though Rominita. I think it did mean a lot to him and it is something to be proud of, most certainly. But not great for me, that's all and as I said there were probably thousands of other fans who were more than happy with the show, so......

And please don't ever worry about your English, it's pretty good!

Completely agree with Stadium shows not being a patch on smaller intimate shows... that goes without question. I think the only reason Stadium shows are good is cos' of the vibe of the crowd and being able to say I was there... I'd go to Wembley like a shot if he played there... I saw George Michael there last year... was pretty amazing... :wub2:

Just would be so proud to see him sell it out...

sir yes sir :naughty: my battery is charging right now :wink2:

i hope i'll have a better spot though :boxed:

:dance_man:

*prays for agnieszka to have a better spot*

I agree, with these points. I hated it, but I am glad I saw it. Now I really do know that these kind of gigs are not for me.

The crowd was awesome though, just looking out over the stadium the size of the crowd was unbelieveable, and well done to Mika for that, if he can sell out that size of gig, then of course he will, it's just not for me.

The effects were good, but again we couldn't see the full effect, but kudos to him for pulling it off.

I mean, there were 54,999 other people that probably enjoyed it, so I don't expect Mika will lose too much sleep over my opinion.

However, Arras was a totally different matter. Much more relaxed, much more spontaneous, much more casual, much more Mika. I loved it. It made me remember why I am here and why I'm not ready to bale out just yet.

Fantastic gig, thanks Mika.

i def. see your point.

even i can tell this just comparing the pics from arras and paris gig.

arras looks way more fun!! even for mika's himself.

HI EVERYONE!

emmm

yes... i`m agree with you romi

in big shows you can see more prepared things.. in small ones you can see the artist closer and it`s like more private in a way..

but now mika is more famous and his shows are gonna be bigger and bigger..

:dance_man:

*prays for agnieszka to have a better spot*

holy dilek, that's the first thing that came to my mind, oh my, i'm brainwashed :roftl:

so, my suggestion is that for the sake of MFC people let me in to the middle of the first row :naughty: ok, it doesn't even have to be the middle :naughty: