"Rain," Everybody!

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have said *exactly* this about another song that shall not be named. (Overrated)

In fact I was just talking about it again last night in relation to Rain. The difference is I feel like he loses the tightrope walk this time and falls off into cheesy.

Because it's right on the edge, however, I think it could be salvaged. I really hope it's a work in progress and the final product will bring it back.

lol overrated, yeah exactly and i LOVE it as well

work in progress, yes thats exactly what its all about with him and trust me or trust him more likely for the final PRODUCT, lol, its going to shamble you all:naughty:

the more i listen to it the more i discover new things and im amazed

days/this

more than this/ WHATEVER IT IS

its pure abstraction and very clear, blurry but there again like the rain itself

but hey we all agree its better than erase, right:naughty:

I have said *exactly* this about another song that shall not be named. (Overrated)

In fact I was just talking about it again last night in relation to Rain. The difference is I feel like he loses the tightrope walk this time and falls off into cheesy.

Because it's right on the edge, however, I think it could be salvaged. I really hope it's a work in progress and the final product will bring it back.

I do agree that it is right on the very cusp of cheese..I too hope it can be pulled back from the edge :naughty: I think there is enough potential in it..I think. He needs to get that chorus sorted out..somehow, don't ask me how, I'm not a songwriter :mf_rosetinted:

But it isn't anywhere near as good as the lemon chiffon -encrypted song in my opinion.

Definitely better than Erase though yep :blink:

Yes at least it's not a Robbie Williams song rip off. :naughty:

LMAO

yeah, congrats mika:thumb_yello:

you know i was thinking maybe in three days i will learn that the concept of RAIN that i call GENIUS has been written/found by someone else than him, lol

half songwriter

half drawer

BUT FULL performer, you should have seen him 3 days ago,amazing, he even said something spontaneous (and no im not making it up), he tried to be funny, but it didnt work,lmao, at least he tried, iwas lmao.

but you no even erase has something eventhogh its a pure disaster

btw i dont no what you all think but to me rain is not really about love, i mean not like lovers or stuff , at least i wish its not, thats not how i received it anyway its a bit about damn i dont knoe the name in english but one of the seven deadly sins,lol, orgueil in french, you reject me and put me down but im gonna prove you i can do it and im ready to show/face you- your words, or chaotic modern love.

...when he sings rain/an drain/and rain/ and/rain/an/drain, its not about words anymore, its about sounds , its about divine, its repetitive just like the RAIN its GENIUS

but thats just how i see it , of course.

Are you serious, or was there supposed to be a ":mf_rosetinted:" attached to that?

'Cause if you're serious, then I wholeheartedly agree. :blush-anim-cl:

I have listened it for past few hours, and I like it! I just wish he sings some parts of chorus more understandable...ummm....how to explain it...that he pronounces words more clearly...but it will probably be better when he records it in studio.

oh, and, I like Erase.

this is pure genius to me , it reminds me what i first loved in him, this guy is making ART and he is the Lord of dirty pop, really, i saw him three days ago and he was the best, talking about rain , we were all dancing under it and we had so much fun, i can only be grateful for that, all the bands i saw were just jesters compared to him and god knows i love them more than mika but its pointless and out of topic so back to rain, i dont have the strenght now to xplain, if we consider that art can be xplained (but yes of course it can) i could write a thesis about it, but i wont , just say that i belong to the rain lovers, the way he cut his words I- hate- days- like- this, the way that (like christine mentioned it) he sings like the singers who are trying to hide they cannot sing, well he can, we know it and it makes a part of the beauty of it, the word he uses like trial or the way that its repetitive to me its also a part of the beauty of it, the lyrics are not weak to me just minimalist, i cant tell you why this song absolutely meant to be cheesy at the end its not, he is on the edge, ready to fall to the cheesy side at every breath but he doesnt, like an acrobat on the rope(haha) and when he sings rain/an drain/and rain/ and/rain/an/drain, its not about words anymore, its about sounds , its about divine, its repetitive just like the RAIN its GENIUS

but thats just how i see it , of course.

i love him, universal love, the only one that matters, i wish i could chase the dragon with him someday, im sure something constructive would result eventhough it wouldnt be another kind of rain:naughty:

Wow... :shocked:

Now I see that chorus in a wonderful way..

I was trying to figure out how to interpret it..

Now you've made it make sense to me. :wub2:

Thank You :wub2:

Are you serious, or was there supposed to be a ":mf_rosetinted:" attached to that?

'Cause if you're serious, then I wholeheartedly agree. :blush-anim-cl:

im ****ing dead serious, you know its not because i hate what he represents that i cant recognize genius.

im just disapointed by everything he does in general, like " im staying away from the music industry " **** off mika maybe you should get some info here and there and actually READ ****ing music magazines and his craving for awards and luxe and hair chemicals and his coral blush etc but im the biggest fan of dirty pop , thats sacred an he is the king of it, really, once again, this song is very conceptual, people say that he doesnt pronounce clearly, ok, but thats also a concept. he pronouces over clearly some words by cutting them and then almost whisper the end of others...grand.

Wow... :shocked:

Now I see that chorus in a wonderful way..

I was trying to figure out how to interpret it..

Now you've made it make sense to me. :wub2:

Thank You :wub2:

haha but its only MY interpretation (how cheesy am I?)

nothing more you know, i might be totally wrong:naughty:

im ****ing dead serious, you know its not because i hate what he represents that i cant recognize genius.

im just disapointed by everything he does in general, like " im staying away from the music industry " **** off mika maybe you should get some info here and there and actually READ ****ing music magazines and his craving for awards and luxe and hair chemicals and his coral blush etc but im the biggest fan of dirty pop , thats sacred an he is the king of it, really, once again, this song is very conceptual, people say that he doesnt pronounce clearly, ok, but thats also a concept. he pronouces over clearly some words by cutting them and then almost whisper the end of others...grand.

Pam, you're nuts :naughty:

But I also quite like the song, I really enjoyed it last night when I heard it for the first time:wub2:

I got the minimalist vibe, too. They're written narrowly, which allows for a lot of breadth and room in the song.

i agree! simple words...simple melody...simple chords. it's just so mika because it's very different from what other artists [the major ones anyway] are doing at the moment. or so i think . i could be wrong:bleh:

but hey we all agree its better than erase, right:naughty:

I love Erase too!:wub2:

Haha, what's wrong with us?:naughty:

nothing wrong with us,just another day on MFC:naughty:

I've listened to the song a couple of more times.

It isn't growing on me, but I am growing more convinced that my problems with the song are, exactly as I suspected, the result of improper recording on poor quality sound equipment. I believe that my feelings toward the song would be much different if I had first heard it live, demoed, or as a studio recording.

This is why I tend to avoid any YouTube concert videos. They always make me think that he must suck in concert. Then, I watch the DVD he made and remember that the problem is the quality of the recording equipment, not his performance.

I retract any statements I made about the song and will henceforth withhold judgment, of this song and all others, until such time as I hear a proper recording.

This is so true! :wink2:

I like the song anyway, but i'm sure i'd love it even more if i heard it first in better quality.