"Rain," Everybody!

I just want him to have an awessssomeee 2nd album:thumb_yello:

And it will be, won't it? :biggrin2:

I mean, come on...it's not going to be a peice of trash in any sense...well, that's my opinion at least. If he puts as much effort into the new album as he has done with everything else in his career (which I'm only guessing he's done hehe)...the new album is going to be awesome.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And it will be, won't it?

I mean, come on...it's not going to be a peice of trash in any sense...well, that's my opinion at least. If he puts as much effort into the new album as he has done with everything else in his career (which I'm only guessing he's done hehe)...the new album is going to be awesome.

Look at the darkness:wink2:

I guess that makes sense....but like I have already said...it just seems like going in circles to compare his new work to old work. :boxed:

Well how are you gonna avoid that? Most of us are here because we like the songs on LICM, so of course we're gonna compare the new songs to those we fell in love with. You always compare to something and it doesn't really make sense to compare his songs to Timbaland's latest production...but okay if you insist - compared to that Rain is a masterpiece :wub2:

:blink:

Ohhhh so its not like Lollipop then :boxed::thumbdown:

Shame

Ok critical of that song , it doesnt work for me

It needs more of a rock beat

Fred, I don't think this song is suited to rock instruments LMAO!

Personally, I think this song can work as an acoustic piece AND with other arrangements, so long as it's done CORRECTLY. Any Other World, for example, I feel has too many arrangements in the studio version (it's those violins at the end lmao! IMO he shoulda just left it at "you can tell the difference..." and just left it fading out) but i find that the live performance of it is easier to bear. (i don't know why).

So long as Mika can sing that chorus softly, and with a bit meddling on the instruments, the song has potential.

Listen up kids and gather close Im gonna tell you a story ...

18 months ago I saw the Mikster in front of 150 people , never heard of and I knew then he would be a mega star , I felt it , like in some way I was connected to him like a brother , well cousin .. but you get the meaning

I heard rain and didnt feel the same , who knows Mika is not FOR SURE going to make the 2nd album be awesome , we all want him too though :thumb_yello:

I just want the best for the lad , like a dad would , or maybe a brother

This is not feeling good in the Fredsters waters:blink:

Well how are you gonna avoid that? Most of us are here because we like the songs on LICM, so of course we're gonna compare the new songs to those we fell in love with. You always compare to something and it doesn't really make sense to compare his songs to Timbaland's latest production...but okay if you insist - compared to that Rain is a masterpiece :wub2:

:blink:

Comparing his new stuff to the old stuff just seems like going on a merry-go-round.. I'd rather critique his new work based on the song itself, then decide "It's no Happy Ending...so I don't like it."

But this is my way of thinking and I strongly doubt anyone on here is going to do that, because like you said everyone is going to compare to the old stuff regardless.

Fred, I don't think this song is suited to rock instruments LMAO!

Personally, I think this song can work as an acoustic piece AND with other arrangements, so long as it's done CORRECTLY. Any Other World, for example, I feel has too many arrangements in the studio version (it's those violins at the end lmao! IMO he shoulda just left it at "you can tell the difference..." and just left it fading out) but i find that the live performance of it is easier to bear. (i don't know why).

So long as Mika can sing that chorus softly, and with a bit meddling on the instruments, the song has potential.

Yeh with a band you mean ??

Is it supposed to be just a keyboard thingy??

You see I want to get up and boogey woogey , I dont want to listen to ballads :boxed:

18 months ago I saw the Mikster in front of 150 people , never heard of and I knew then he would be a mega star , I felt it , like in some way I was connected to him like a brother , well cousin .. but you get the meaning

I heard rain and didnt feel the same , who knows Mika is not FOR SURE going to make the 2nd album be awesome , we all want him too though :thumb_yello:

Can you add sister to that list because I'm not a male:roftl:

that's a crap story. where's the punctuation? the suspense?

pfft! get your english right, boy! :mf_rosetinted:

haha.

but i got scared over the second album since HMDYLM came out. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. For me, it's an okay song. Mika has so much potential and like you, I really want him to do well.

Perez said his new songs are awesome. let's hope Perez is right.

Comparing his new stuff to the old stuff just seems like going on a merry-go-round.. I'd rather critique his new work based on the song itself, then decide "It's no Happy Ending...so I don't like it."

But this is my way of thinking and I strongly doubt anyone on here is going to do that, because like you said everyone is going to compare to the old stuff regardless.

But you compare to his older songs because you know what he is capable of. If I hadn't heard LICM I wouldn't have been disappointed with this new song, but eh...I wouldn't have joined his fanclub then would I. If I had heard this song on the radio I would have thought it was the next Irish entry for the Eurovision Song Contest and turned the radio off without thinking more about that, but since I consider this guy a genius, I expect a hell of a lot more from him. I don't expect another Grace Kelly, but it would be very nice to have something where he used the potential we know he has instead of this cheesy all available musical and poetic clichés packed into 3 minutes piece of *censored* that any mediocre pop artist out there can make :boxed:

I just think .. you know , the Grace Kelly beat but with rain would sound better ..

Example.. I wanna talk to you .. and its raining , the sky could be brown , it could be blue ..

You know , its got more of a ring to it :punk:

:lmao:

I guess. I see those two songs as nothing alike. Also shouldn't we judge his new work based on itself alone, rather than comparing it to older tracks? (And before anyone mentions it, I realize HMDYLM isn't all that old in terms of all of his music, but it's certainly older than Rain) I mean, of course every new song is going to look like a piece of trash whenever it's compared to LiCM tracks. I just hope this doesn't become a habit, I guess.

Agree...

And, some people were saying a more dancy or rocky version of Rain wouldn't fit. Man, look at Relax! Ever imagined the acoustic(s) would sound like that?

I dont want to judge him and maybe "you had to be there" , but it doesnt sound a patch on how much do you love me

The worry for me is the 2nd album needs to be something really good , and LICM was a tough tough thing to beat

Let it rainnn , I could be brownnnn , I could be blueeee rainnn , I could be snow , I could be iceeeee

Maybe has a better ring to it:naughty:

Blue rain?:blink:

Blue Rain,

You saw me standing alone,

Without a dream in my heart,

Without a love of my own.

Blue rain,

You knew just what I was there for.

You heard me saying a pray for

Someone I really could care for.

Blue Rain,

Blue Rain...

Too much Elvishish I think:mf_rosetinted:

Yeh with a band you mean ??

Is it supposed to be just a keyboard thingy??

You see I want to get up and boogey woogey , I dont want to listen to ballads :boxed:

what about any other world? happy ending? over my shoulder? erase? your sympathy?

surely having an entire album made of the same genre would be boring? could you imagine an entire album of pure Grace Kelly? As much as I adore Grace Kelly, I personally couldn't endure an entire album with songs that sound like it. Doing different styles shows his talent and versatility...again, if done correctly. LiCM has different genres, it has pop, happy hardcore (lollipop, love today...), ballads, rock (ring ring has a rocky feel to it) ... that's what i love about it. There's a range of things to choose from.

You may not be a ballad person, but others are LOL :roftl: (but i know you know that.)

i know what I'm about to say here is unacceptable, but think about the demos of songs that are on LiCM. Love Today is a great example. Look how far that came! I mean...do I need to explain it any more?

Ofcourse there are some forbidden songs that I'd love to hear the completion of, but the fact, we might not be getting any of them so we may as well put those to one side and concentrate on the stuff he's working on now. Who knows if Rain is gonna be on the second album? Maybe it was a tester to see how we'd react. Yay = on second album, Nay = back to the drawing board?

Maybe. *shrug*

maybe a bit of constructive critiscm is what he's after, if he's reading this thread at all...

Blue rain?:blink:

Blue Rain,

Blue rain,

You knew just what I was there for.

You heard me saying a pray for

Someone I really could care for.

Blue Rain,

Blue Rain...

Too much Elvishish I think:mf_rosetinted:

blue rain? it's BLUE MOON...and you call yourself an Elvis fan....tsk...:mf_rosetinted:

what about any other world? happy ending? over my shoulder? erase? your sympathy?

surely having an entire album made of the same genre would be boring? could you imagine an entire album of pure Grace Kelly? As much as I adore Grace Kelly, I personally couldn't endure an entire album with songs that sound like it. Doing different styles shows his talent and versatility...again, if done correctly. LiCM has different genres, it has pop, happy hardcore (lollipop, love today...), ballads, rock (ring ring has a rocky feel to it) ... that's what i love about it. There's a range of things to choose from.

You may not be a ballad person, but others are LOL :roftl: (but i know you know that.)

i know what I'm about to say here is unacceptable, but think about the demos of songs that are on LiCM. Love Today is a great example. Look how far that came! I mean...do I need to explain it any more?

Ofcourse there are some forbidden songs that I'd love to hear the completion of, but the fact, we might not be getting any of them so we may as well put those to one side and concentrate on the stuff he's working on now. Who knows if Rain is gonna be on the second album? Maybe it was a tester to see how we'd react. Yay = on second album, Nay = back to the drawing board?

Maybe. *shrug*

maybe a bit of constructive critiscm is what he's after, if he's reading this thread at all...

I agree with the constructive critism :thumb_yello:

CHANGE THE CHORUS MIKA !!!!! Tis Like having a tooth drilled ...

But the rest of the song i love :thumb_yello:

First time I heard Grace Kelly I was like woowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:shocked:

This man is going to take over!! and he has!

I just dont want him to be weak , come on Mika , do it do it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LrOawFUdFfU

You know , no weakness , this song is weak , weak man weak

Stronger faster fitter:punk::punk:

nice. love the inspirational video with music. :naughty:

maybe we need to cheer Mika up so he writes more upbeat? or..generally stronger. :naughty:

C'mon Mika, YOU CAN DO IT! :boxing:

nice. love the inspirational video with music. :naughty:

maybe we need to cheer Mika up so he writes more upbeat? or..generally stronger. :naughty:

C'mon Mika, YOU CAN DO IT! :boxing:

Adriannnnnnnnnnn

Hes down but not out , ding ding :punk:

Mika loves threads like this , he doesnt want a forum full of ohh your awesome an oohhh your great and everythin is fabby , he needs some feedback

Just my opinion ..

But you compare to his older songs because you know what he is capable of. If I hadn't heard LICM I wouldn't have been disappointed with this new song, but eh...I wouldn't have joined his fanclub then would I. If I had heard this song on the radio I would have thought it was the next Irish entry for the Eurovision Song Contest and turned the radio off without thinking more about that, but since I consider this guy a genius, I expect a hell of a lot more from him. I don't expect another Grace Kelly, but it would be very nice to have something where he used the potential we know he has instead of this cheesy all available musical and poetic clichés packed into 3 minutes piece of *censored* that any mediocre pop artist out there can make :boxed:

I understand where you're coming from. I think our approaches of looking at the new album just must be different. Which is fine. If we all thought the same way, life would be boring.