"Rain," Everybody!

the report thread from belgium has some great phots & vid's:thumb_yello:- especially "Just can't get enough", sorry i know this is the 'Rain' thread but i can't stop watching them both!

They're both good songs, I got both of the MP3s so now I can listen to them on my iPod :bleh:

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having listened to the song a few more times now, I can safely say that I have gone from liking it, to loving it.

I can't get it out of my head, so Mika: mission accomplished. You can still brainwash people:naughty:. I love it. He's done really well with it :thumb_yello:.

However, having said that...:

who is the swedish lookalike blonde guy btw? i just saw the video for the first time and they look ridiculous backsinging near him, lmao, really

:roftl: He's the new keyboard player who has come in after they got rid of Luke. HE's British as far as I know.

I totally agree with the fact that they look ridiculous and pathetic (IMO) next to the piano doing the super-mega cheesy backup with lots of gesticulation included :thumbdown:.

All that's missing is for them to do a little synchronised dance bopping from side to side while they sing the chorus. Pff.

I think that Mika should be there alone, singing and playing and once and for all let the backup singers be at the back.

They detract from him and they add that silly cheese factor that ruins it a bit.

But yes, the song itself I love:wub2:.

When I first heard it, I really liked it. Mostly because I am such a falsetto lover and well there is quite a lot of it in this song. :naughty: But the more I listen to it, the more I start to find it a bit boring. :blink: But overall, I like it! :thumb_yello: It's beautiful.

I totally agree with the fact that they look ridiculous and pathetic (IMO) next to the piano doing the super-mega cheesy backup with lots of gesticulation included :thumbdown:.

All that's missing is for them to do a little synchronised dance bopping from side to side while they sing the chorus.Pff.

I totally agree with this part. I noticed that immediately when I started watching the video. It looked unnatural. :naughty:

EDIT: I didn't see my "totally agree" before posting it. :naughty: I feel like a parrot now. :naughty:

I totally agree with this part. I noticed that immediately when I started watching the video. It looked unnatural. :naughty:

EDIT: I didn't see my "totally agree" before posting it. :naughty: I feel like a parrot now. :naughty:

Yes, exactly!

(I totally agree):bleh:

Ach, don't be so hard on yourself :roftl:

Immagine48.png

Thought someone might like this picture in this thread.:roftl::roftl:

Sorry, couldn't resist after the LOL cats earlier.

It's our LOL MIKA.

LMAO! :roftl: Could I have the link to the vid please?

I totally agree with the fact that they look ridiculous and pathetic (IMO) next to the piano doing the super-mega cheesy backup with lots of gesticulation included :thumbdown:

and they even slightly balance themselves and...what drug are they on again?

the pic with his tongue make me have thoughts that I couldn´t have auhauha

But, about the song, GOSH! Amazing.. the piano touch me like a hurricane...

it was insede me, the first thing i´ve tought: I´ll play this song!

But Mika is doing so good!

Beautifull song, melody and lyrics.

*MIKA COME TO BRASIL*

and meet me

:wub2:

Am I the only one who finds it weird that he ends the song: "I hate days like..."

That is not a complete sentence Mika :sneaky2:

I always wait for the "this" to come, but it never does :no:

:naughty:

:lmfao: *pictures nono beating up mika at a concert because of incmplete sentences*

Am I the only one who finds it weird that he ends the song: "I hate days like..."

That is not a complete sentence Mika :sneaky2:

I always wait for the "this" to come, but it never does :no:

:naughty:

no, you're not the only one :roftl::naughty:

Having listened to the song a few more times now, I can safely say that I have gone from liking it, to loving it.

I can't get it out of my head, so Mika: mission accomplished. You can still brainwash people:naughty:. I love it. He's done really well with it :thumb_yello:.

However, having said that...:

:roftl: He's the new keyboard player who has come in after they got rid of Luke. HE's British as far as I know.

All that's missing is for them to do a little synchronised dance bopping from side to side while they sing the chorus. Pff.

I think that Mika should be there alone, singing and playing and once and for all let the backup singers be at the back.

They detract from him and they add that silly cheese factor that ruins it a bit.

But yes, the song itself I love:wub2:.

i totally agree :roftl:

but seriously, i do. the moment they made a line by the piano i was like oh now, that's too much.. :boxed:

ok i listened to it once cause im at my friend place in london and her husband wont et me hear mika...LMAO :shocked:

but its beautifull and did anyone think it reminds him/her of overated? :blink:

maybe im dreaming..:blink:

It does...and then...it doesn't. Overrated is probably my favourite of all his songs and this is my least favourite...:blink: Overrated seems to come from the heart ....because it's so simple...this one seems to have been written in 5 minutes to fill out on an album ...because it's so simple... can't really explain why I feel this way, only that the lyrics of Rain are absolutely terrible and come across as forced and awkward, but the lyrics of Overrated come across as completely honest and beautiful :wub2:

but seriously, i do. the moment they made a line by the piano i was like oh now, that's too much.. :boxed:

I agree - from what I saw, it looked a bit naff and cheesy. Backing singers should be just that - at the back, or to the side, IMO.

well mika is really intelligent and he is doing contemporary art, so what i think is that we are not smart/qualified enough to understand the chorusline concept

hey btw what does PD stand forin that smily? in french that means gay :pd:

now, as i wrote yesterday, i think he's playing this song to test it, not because it's so good, the best ones he's saving. i hope.

it's not my fav but i'm listening to it now and i remember clearly 50th second of it. it goes like 'ready for..' and then silence and 'More than this..'

and at that moment Iva looked back at me and we were like WOW.

so yeah, not the best but i like it a lot.

:mfr_omg: when Mika sang "Rain" at the Parc des Princes I was very touched. This song is very beautiful.

To be honest, firstly I liked the music and his voice and now that I understand lyrics I love it more.

Hi Alexandra:wink2:...you are totally right about RAIN:thumb_yello:...the combination of lovely lyrics with beautiful voice (falsetto:wub2:) and music - it can be only love for first hearing:blush-anim-cl:...

I love RAIN:punk:...

MIKA go...:thumb_yello:

ok i listened to it once cause im at my friend place in london and her husband wont et me hear mika...LMAO

but its beautifull and did anyone think it reminds him/her of overated?

maybe im dreaming..

A bit...

82136075zd4.jpg

:lmao:

It does...and then...it doesn't. Overrated is probably my favourite of all his songs and this is my least favourite...:blink: Overrated seems to come from the heart ....because it's so simple...this one seems to have been written in 5 minutes to fill out on an album ...because it's so simple... can't really explain why I feel this way, only that the lyrics of Rain are absolutely terrible and come across as forced and awkward, but the lyrics of Overrated come across as completely honest and beautiful :wub2:

Yeah, I think that too, it does, but at the same time it doesn't.

Yeah, it does sound more lazy, but I still think the lyrics are quite good. I hope he'll change it a bit though.

I don't hope the albumversion will sound more cheesy. I worry it will. I guess you can catch the feeling better live than on an album. I don't know lol.

And I love overrated:wub2: