• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
So, apparently, Mika's most recent drummer, Ed Carlisle, is in Omaha mixing some stuff for the band Honour.

I'm guessing they are at Saddle Creek Record's studio...?

whoa, what a small world xD

BTW i'm copying this from the Popular Song thread just in case anyone missed this great news:

I noticed on The Tonight Show (Jay Leno) website that Mika and Ariana will be on the show next Tuesday (Oct. 1) :woot_jump:

So I definitely just spent most of my evening hunting down radio stations in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana, and Illinois and requesting they play MIKA... Unfortunately I'm too lazy to actually call in, so I only covered stations that took online or text requests.

Ugh... I just want more of the U.S to get with the program! I feel so alone as a MIKA fan in Ohio.

So I definitely just spent most of my evening hunting down radio stations in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana, and Illinois and requesting they play MIKA... Unfortunately I'm too lazy to actually call in, so I only covered stations that took online or text requests.

Ugh... I just want more of the U.S to get with the program! I feel so alone as a MIKA fan in Ohio.

:itsok:

living in Nebraska, i felt that way too but then Nicola joined MFC and now i know i'm not the only Mika fan in the state. Mika fans are quite spread out in the states, but there's more of us then i ever imagined. Maybe sometime next year we'll get some more US gigs to bring us together :teehee:

Hopefully with Mika and Ariana on Leno tomorrow Mika will gain even more US fans :clap: Maybe seeing Mika perform will convert some of the Ariana fans who were unsure about him

I know the feeling. I live in Montana where no one has heard of Mika or his music. I have been doing what I can to promote him since 2007 but it does get lonely. I don't understand people sometimes...I heard Mika's voice once and I was completely hooked. I do have a really good friend who enjoys listening to Mika and she has been to a couple of his shows with me. But other than that most people here don't know who he is.

Tornadoes going on here tonight! Weather coverage is preempting the late night talk shows. So glad this didnt happen Tuesday night when Mika was on Leno :teehee:

So how's the weather in your neck of the woods?

Take care, Dee! Tornadoes are scary stuff!

It's warmer and more humid than usual here -- we're getting a dose of "Indian summer" I guess. Took Dexter for a walk today, it was so nice. :thumb_yello:

d5dd9a302c5211e3bd0222000a9e514f_8.jpg

Tornadoes going on here tonight! Weather coverage is preempting the late night talk shows. So glad this didnt happen Tuesday night when Mika was on Leno :teehee:

So how's the weather in your neck of the woods?

While watching the news this morning, I'm so glad no one was hurt during the tornadoes last night.

Is it weird that I had the same thought about the news stations breaking in?

• 2 weeks later...
Im an american mika fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live in california and i am so happy that there are more of you!!!!!!!

Hey there :bye: Welcome!

I'm Dee from nebraska. i'm the USA world rep so if you have questions or need anything feel free to ask!

Btw did you make a thread in the introductions section yet? That's another good way to meet other MFCers :thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...
hi! I'm new here and totally lost and alone.

:welcomeani:

Hi there. I'm Dee. :bye: what's your name? where are you from?

To meet new people you could make a thread in the introductions section. Or you could post in the calling all newbies thread

Here's more helpful links here

If you have any more questions please just ask. We're nice here and will happily help :)

Edited by kreacher

• 3 weeks later...

So my son is in rehearsals here at UNO college for their production of Elektra, and the other night he said they started talking about Mika.

I can't fathom how that chain of conversation happened? How do you get from a vengeful family murder to Mika?

So my son is in rehearsals here at UNO college for their production of Elektra, and the other night he said they started talking about Mika.

I can't fathom how that chain of conversation happened? How do you get from a vengeful family murder to Mika?

well, Mika has said his family fights a lot :teehee:

• 4 weeks later...
Is anyone else getting a heck of a lot of snow? :aah: The thing I hate the most is brushing snow and ice off my car in the morning.. especially when its 0 degrees out.:sneaky2:

In Omaha we had a couple of inches snow last week, but nothing since.

It's also supposed to be up to 40 degrees today.

The winter here is always a contradiction. It can be -30 with no snow, or we could get dumped on with 14 inches, but 5 days later it would be 45 degrees and melting away.

Coming from Minnesota, I found it difficult to get used to.

In Omaha we had a couple of inches snow last week, but nothing since.

It's also supposed to be up to 40 degrees today.

The winter here is always a contradiction. It can be -30 with no snow, or we could get dumped on with 14 inches, but 5 days later it would be 45 degrees and melting away.

Coming from Minnesota, I found it difficult to get used to.

I'm in Northern Michigan and for the last week it has probably snowed every day. I think we have a total of a foot of snow as of now. :aah:

That's pretty extreme.. We usually just get tons and tons of snow and it melts then we get more. :doh:

I'm in Northern Michigan and for the last week it has probably snowed every day. I think we have a total of a foot of snow as of now. :aah:

That's pretty extreme.. We usually just get tons and tons of snow and it melts then we get more. :doh:

I'm sure you're getting a lot of lake effect snow?

I'm sure you're getting a lot of lake effect snow?

Not really, I live in eastern part of the state and the western part of the state gets all the lake effect snow, or the worst of it. I am going to school right on Lake Michigan in January so I'll soon get the lake effect snow and I'm not really excited for that part.

Carry on, people!

...Okay, if you are American and would like to talk with other Americans, this is the place for you! All non-Americans are welcome to chat in here as well if you like.

If you would like to be added, please pm me and let me know. I will then pm you your number and add you to the list!

mandilambi - American #1

mel tinydancer - American #2

Hannah - American #3

soon-to-bemrs.penniman - American #4

CartoonKellyGreen - American #5

heineken22 - American #6

findingmywords - American #7

elizabethlovesmika - American #8

purplegrape - American #9

orangepag - American #10

*carrie* - American #11

canderson - American #12