2008 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ Westerpark - Amsterdam

Christine

Going to upload my pictures:mf_rosetinted:

It's over the 100, they're not all good, but they're better than the ones I deleted already.

The deleted ones could be described as: Helicopter man, stupid guy who puts hand right in front of Mika, superunclear pic, looks as if the maker who took this pic fainted.

And she didn't? :naughty:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here some of my pics that didn't turn out to be too bad:

Sam Sparro:

samsparrouk3.jpg

Hercules and Love Affair (the less popular support act, just in case someone was wondering what they looked like :naughty:):

herculesandloveaffairgp7.jpg

Mika:

mika1ht9.jpg

Martin,Cherisse and Mikey:

martincherissemikeytf6.jpg

Mika and astronaut boy:

mikaandastronautboybk3.jpg

Mika and Gray Skelly:

mikagrayskelly2po3.jpg

Mika drumming:

mikadrumminglk0.jpg

Mika and Cherisse:

mikacherissedrumbattlenq9.jpg

Confetti:

confetticj8.jpg

Backstage:

mikapostgigys3.jpg

That's about it. The rest of my pics are crap. (And don't even get me started on the videos. :roftl:)

Wh00t! Finally I've seen Mika! I went with my sister and best friend, she's made some good pictures (From Sparro too!).

Too bad we had to go right away to catch our last bus to my sister's place D: I feel SO jealous when I hear some of you got to meet him. Can't wait 'till I'm allowed to drive a car so I can stay as long as I want.

Afterwards I wasn't tired, unlike with the Peppers concert. Some girl said she liked my shirt, maybe you've seen me too: I was the girl with purple/red hair and a shirt I made myself saying "Nissan MICrA" etc, and a Mikachu drawn on the back XD

Anyway, it was awesome and I hope I get to meet Mika next time. I would do anything for that...

EDIT: Oh yeah, everything I wished for happened:

- Mika taking his shirt off

- Mika singing new song

- Me actually seeing it (with my length it's hard to see anything -__-#)

C@rin@ is busy writing a whole book at the moment :roftl:

So be prepared ... :naughty:

(she'll probably also say everyting I forget to say :bleh:)

Okay, I'm trying to upload the pics all at the same time.

That doesn't work, so I'll try it one for one, wich may be slower, but at least it will work:naughty:

I don't think I'll post all 121 pics

I'm not going to write an entire report (there'll be enough of those later on :bleh:), so I'm just gonna summarize everything. :naughty:

- Queuing was fun. The weather had gotten a bit better when we arrived and I met a lot of mfc'ers. :biggrin2:

- Sam Sparro was alright. I'm not a big fan of his music, but he gave away a good show. When he'd taken of his colourful poncho, he was singing 'Black and gold'. But he got cold and at one point he sang 'Damn it's cold' instead of 'Black and gold'. ^^

- Hercules and Love Affair were... not my type of music. :naughty:

(Some people, well, a lot of people actually, started chanting "MIKA MIKA MIKA" when they weren't even halfway through.)

- Mika was brilliant. This was my first gig and I loved every second of it.

- It was really nice of him to come out and shake everyone's hands and even talk a bit. Amazing. :wub2: (And I'm glad they brought us inside, were it was dry and a bit warmer. :roftl:)

Go to the H&M and buy it:naughty:

Maybe I will:mf_rosetinted:

I probably won't because 1. I don't have much money and 2. It's way too hot over here to wear coats :thumbdown:

Is there a need for more videos?

I don't know who else made videos, because mine are pretty bad :boxed:

But if you guys want them, I'll upload them as soon as I'm home (this evening).

I have:

- Relax (but it really sucks, haven't even looked at it completly because of the moving that was going on, my hand was pushed everywere :roftl:)

- Holy Johnny

- Just Can't Get Enough

- Happy Ending

- Love Today

- Rain

The others are better than relax, but not good orso .. was second row and the people in the first row wew taller than me so ..:roftl:

And with rain something went wrong, don't know what but it's really blurry :sad: Sound is ok though..

All the videos are complete (so the whole song).

Also have some pictures (some nice ones from backstage), I'll upload them when I'm home :original:

Nooooo not another crowding into his face :boxed:

Don't worry, in the end some people followed him around a bit but they weren't too much in his face (that I could see anyway).

Hmm is the Surprise some afterparty???

No, wait for Niki27.

Anyway.. So the gig!

It was really nice! I'm completely knackered now though, I'm too old for all this standing. :mf_rosetinted:

Sam Sparro was really lovely, he seemed to be having fun and his songs were just great!

The second support act (Hercules and Love Affair I think they were called) were rubbish. It all sounded the same, it was like they were playing a 30 minute song.

Mika was lovely, can't say anything else about it. Really great performance.

I also loved the clowns and performers even though it was a bit much at times and I didn't know where to look.

I also fell in love with the new back-up singer, what a voice!

The new guy on keyboards did a great job aswell, I was very impressed by his dancing skills. :naughty:

After the gig we waited around and the security people put some fences up.

When it started raining badly I got fed up and wanted to leave but right at that point the security dude came out and told us we could go into the catering tent so we had to follow him.

We could finally sit down once we were inside (hallelujah!) and we were told what would happen. Mika was gonna come out, he wasn't gonna speak to anyone (because he had problems with his voice) or sign things but people were allowed to take his picture as he walked by. If anyone misbehaved Mika would leave and we'd be kicked out.

Ofcourse Mika did talk to people (I don't think anyone has succeeded in shutting that guy up before :naughty: ) and took some photos with people who asked.

In the beginning everyone remained in their place but towards the end they started following him around a bit. Most people just stayed at their tables though.

Then it was time to say goodbye to all the lovely MFCers who were there.

That was the best thing of the entire day, meeting all these lovely people.

Mika who? :mf_rosetinted:

(:blush-anim-cl: a bit longer than expected, so cutted in pieces)

Okay, lets start. I'll try to be detailed, but am a bit tired :blush-anim-cl:

So, Bienie and I went to Amsterdam early in the morning, however, a lot of traffic jams and an elektronic navigator who got lost in Amsterdam we arrived around 12 at the Westerpark. But, not to bad, there weren't that many people in line, and we were able to find a spot just in front of the place they were letting us through when the doors would open. Luckely, the weather wasn't too bad. It was mostly dry and even a bit shiny! Just a few raindrops so we were really lucky!!

The first numbers in the queue, (I think around 40?) alrealy got wristbands to ensure entrance to the inner circle. John arranged that, but I still don't get the added value of it. Ofcourse, it was nice and kind of him, but I don't think that the crew asked to see the wristbands at any time?

Around 18:00 the doors were opened and after a small securitycheck we could go to the stage. We made it second row at Martins side, just a few meters left from the catwalk. Just behind Niki27 and Cath85 (sorry if I'm messing up names) Nice view over the whole stage, only Mikey was hardly noticable, but hey, at that side not to much will happen :wink2:

Sam Sparrow was nice. Dressed in a colourfull poncho and wearing a black and gold trouser. Well... A trouser? More a tight :naughty: He did a few nice songs, and of course his well known song Black and Gold. Nice!

The other support act, Hecules and Love Affair... It was just terrible... Really, never have seen such a bad support act. The girl (or were it both girls?) was dressed in a tiney turqoise dress, and I'm sorry, but she was a bit looking like a whore... She also danced like that... :blush-anim-cl: They were not able to get the crowd into them, even worse, after the second song, the crowd started yelling that they wanted Mika...

During the support acts a lot of bad pushing. We were really worrying how that would went out when Mika would came on stage, but that really went out fine! No pushing at all during Mika, so what was the reason for the pushing during the support act? :blink:

That the clowns and acrobat came up, and thereafter Mika started. Hmm... To my opinion, I didn't liked the first two songs (Relax and Big Girl). One moment I thought he was playbacking? But I also think it sounded to bad to be playbacking... I'm not sure what happened those two songs... When I compare with Werchter a few days before, the crowd and Mika were buzzing from the first moment on, but here in Amsterdam... I don't know, the first two songs were just not what I'm used to or something?

Anyhow, after Relax and Big Girl he and the band were truly amazing! Buzzing, full of energy and very playfull! My Interpretation had 3 false starts and he mentioned that he feld like a kid on his first pianolessions :naughty: Finnaly he started well, and it was a really powerfull My Interpretation, cool!

A few sentences Dutch and the "I'm bad" he played Billy Brown.

I don't remember the right order of the songs at this moment, sorry. I think he started Holy Johnny thereafter, but I'm not sure. However, I'm glad Holy Johnny was back, I really like that song!! A small change in the instruments, no banjo, no mug, things like that. The song sounded also a bit more pop-ish, not that country-ish like it was before, but is was nice. Ring Ring was nice, tot that buzzing as normally, but still very nice.

When Any Other World started, he really looked mad and grumphy :blink: No idea what happened, but it didn't looked good? But the grumphy look dissapeared quickly, and Any Other world was good as always.

Stuck in the middle was pimped with a space tapdancer. Nice! Also the small competition between the crowd during the repeated lines :punk:

Love Today started with the snow, umbrella and Gray Skelly. I don't know who was the person behind Gray Skelly, but he managed to break her arm :shocked: Love Today was really buzzing, great song, and the drumming competition gets even better every time!!

After Grace Kelly, he said "Amsterdam, good night!" and the crowd was yelling for more. Ofcourse he came back, he still needed to do Lollipop. The costumes and light show were back. They took lollipopgirls from the queue that morning, they had nice selfmade dresses!

As encore we got Rain :woot_jump: The first time I heard it live, and I think it is really a good song! Really touchy and sensitive :wub2:

As last song, we got Relax again, a kind of mixing where the crowd sang parts and Mika sang parts, nice!

Then it was done and started raining :boxed: But hey, better at the end than during queueing of the gig itself! We ended up with a bunch of MFCers and we saw that they were setting up barriers around the backstage entrance. The rain became worse and people started to leave. Then security came out and counted us. After a short time they came back and said that we were allowed to come in with them, and follow them to the backstage tent. There we were told that Mika would came out and would walk through the place, and that we could make pictures, give gifts and talk to him. He did not sign and could/was not allowed to speak because of a soare throat.

I think it worked out fine, people stayed in place, no mobbing and it was really relaxed. He shook hands, accepted gifts and even spoke to people. At the end some people stood up and walked throug him, but not the mobbing we had in London. This was really much more, and better organized! Well done staff members :wink2:

Unfortunately, and I still don't get why, about four people were not let in :blink: Heaschen and Mariposa, I really feel sorry for you guys!! :huglove:

Oh, I saw reactions in this thread about the meet and greet. There was nothing to do with wristbands, stickers or whatever, just the people that were waiting at the barriers were let in, nothing more nothing less. So no privileges given to people who were there early, whatever, just the people that waited...

Ok, that must be enough. Nice gig, I'm still :woot_jump: unless I'm really tired...

My vids:

Begin:

Begin:

Relax, Take It Easy:

Big Girl:

My Interpretation:

:naughty:

Holly Johnny:

Any Other World:

:wub2:

Stuck In The Middle:

:punk:

I have more vids but I can't upload them before Friday, because I'm not on my own computer.

And my pics will also come on Friday :wink2: