Go To MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

Well my superpowers evaporated this morning with a crashed computer after googling Yvonne and Justine, so I have stayed off all day and just come on now to witness the highly intelligent rantings of a whole bunch of my favourtie apples (who I did mention in my comments on Mikablog BTW).

I was just entirely pissed off to find that these girls don't have an internet entry of their article about Jennifer Lopez and Beckett. In fact the only comment I could find which contained reference to JLo and Samuel Beckett was an article in the Washington Post by S.B. asking why anyone cared that JLo didn't breastfeed her twins.

The simple coincidence of breastfeeding and MFC did make me immediately think TROLL:mf_rosetinted:

Plus I think that anyone who is "studying Mika" to ANY degree ought to be hanging out on MFC to see what really goes on in Mikaland.

Actually to be quite honest I felt slightly patronised by this blog post.

The whole "we have been studying this for 4 years" ...we know more than you....

And anyway, I found a very interesting looking society (International Society for the study of Popluar Music) with everyone's fascinating PhDs listed.....

http://www.iaspm-us.net/resources/dissertations.php

They have a proper Journal and everything.

And a conference in the UK

http://www.iaspm.net/?p=66

But nobody called Justine or Yvonne, and no articles about JLo at all....

So in conclusion, are they really just a couple of friends of Mika's taking the piss, who fabricated this whole blog post??:mf_rosetinted:

Wow, someone's been using their Google skills affectively :naughty:

Good job:thumb_yello:

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well my superpowers evaporated this morning with a crashed computer after googling Yvonne and Justine, so I have stayed off all day and just come on now to witness the highly intelligent rantings of a whole bunch of my favourtie apples (who I did mention in my comments on Mikablog BTW).

I was just entirely pissed off to find that these girls don't have an internet entry of their article about Jennifer Lopez and Beckett. In fact the only comment I could find which contained reference to JLo and Samuel Beckett was an article in the Washington Post by S.B. asking why anyone cared that JLo didn't breastfeed her twins.

The simple coincidence of breastfeeding and MFC did make me immediately think TROLL:mf_rosetinted:

Plus I think that anyone who is "studying Mika" to ANY degree ought to be hanging out on MFC to see what really goes on in Mikaland.

Actually to be quite honest I felt slightly patronised by this blog post.

The whole "we have been studying this for 4 years" ...we know more than you....

And anyway, I found a very interesting looking society (International Society for the study of Popluar Music) with everyone's fascinating PhDs listed.....

http://www.iaspm-us.net/resources/dissertations.php

They have a proper Journal and everything.

And a conference in the UK

http://www.iaspm.net/?p=66

But nobody called Justine or Yvonne, and no articles about JLo at all....

So in conclusion, are they really just a couple of friends of Mika's taking the piss, who fabricated this whole blog post??:mf_rosetinted:

Well said!:mf_rosetinted:

If I crash the backstage area and tell him I'm the pope, will he give me my own blog entry as well?:blink:

Hi Jack!

I haven't been bothered that he speaks about other artists and not so much about himself. I see it as "here are some things that I'm interested in" rather than as promotion of other artists (although they are getting some good promotion). I think I'd find the entire blog thing more promotional as a whole if all he did was talk about himself and his tour.

Considering he's been blogging almost every day, I think it's natural that he's talking about what he's been looking at and listening to... otherwise it would just sound like he was selling his upcoming album. I mean, obviously this blog has its purpose and in the end is building a connection with the fans who purchase concert tickets, but I don't think there's anything wrong with him sharing the music he's been listening to, the artists he likes, the sights he's seen on his travels, etc.

You got me wrong. I also think it's quite natural for him to do so. But I meant he could do it in a more personal way instead of just posting some links or pics. Why not comment these pics, explain why he found this artwork more interesting than another, why this particular song appeals to him so much, in which context he heard about this or that etc? That, imo, would be very interesting. He kinda did it with the wonderpets btw, and that was nice.

Do you think eveybody read that she's going TO BED now? :roftl:

Oh, wait, no, she said she was going to read... :no:

:roftl: Maybe she's reading the archives. :wink2:

She said Goodnight though.. She's "gone"

Mika, it's safe to come out now.. :naughty:

ooh, judging by the tone and content of the new one, it looks to me like SOMEONE may have been reading a certain thread :fisch: and felt the need to clarify that he'll be posting reglarly himself, and that he still edits contributions made by others. Interesting that he mentioned his sis too!

This guy is too good to us! Seriously, he always goes that extra mile for his fans, doesn't he? :wub2:

ooh, judging by the tone and content of the new one, it looks to me like SOMEONE may have been reading a certain thread :fisch: and felt the need to clarify that he'll be posting reglarly himself, and that he still edits contributions made by others. Interesting that he mentioned his sis too!

This guy is too good to us! Seriously, he always goes that extra mile for his fans, doesn't he? :wub2:

Exactly my thought:naughty:

Hi Mika *Waves* I'd run away as fast as you can right now:roftl:

Oh yeah! :wub2: He's busy, working on the new album (and before, touring) and still he manages to get some time for us!

How sweet can a guy be? :wub2:

I've never really been around when Mika's just posted a blog. Exciting times.

Well, my comments aren't gonna get approved right away, but I did think the round-up blog was funny. I've accused him of lurking on here, cos he answered some of the questions people have brought up...