Go To MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

hmm. i agree, there would have been better ways to intoruduce them, but hey, its done now.

personally i found them rude. is mika in a habit of letting his his fans break in backstage and then inviting them around and asking them to post blogs that some peole take offensively on his site?

whats done is done, i just hope mika handles it better next time around and i'm glad they'll be filed away out of sight in the future so i can only read the goood blogs. ;)

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmm. i agree, there would have been better ways to intoruduce them, but hey, its done now.

personally i found them rude. is mika in a habit of letting his his fans break in backstage and then inviting them around and asking them to post blogs that some peole take offensively on his site?

whats done is done, i just hope mika handles it better next time around and i'm glad they'll be filed away out of sight in the future so i can only read the goood blogs. ;)

something still doesn't sit right with me tho,,and I am not sure what it is!

I am sure I have seen this pic before!!

ah Christine is always so eloquent. I didn't see it as a Joke at first, but I didn't believe it to be real. I still feel like we are being, as she said, the butt of the Joke and I do not. Like that feeling one bit, I got it too much when I was younger.

Its not that I care how he met him, I just am...I dunno the right words.

but I don't like that they pop out of no=where, basically insult our intellect (maybe just in my opinion) and then we find out there are bits of lies and whatever through-out.

but we will see what their next blog holds.

ah Christine is always so eloquent. I didn't see it as a Joke at first, but I didn't believe it to be real. I still feel like we are being, as she said, the butt of the Joke and I do not. Like that feeling one bit, I got it too much when I was younger.

Its not that I care how he met him, I just am...I dunno the right words.

but I don't like that they pop out of no=where, basically insult our intellect (maybe just in my opinion) and then we find out there are bits of lies and whatever through-out.

but we will see what their next blog holds.

Yeah mika and them didn't think we were smart enough to understand them which is underestimating our knowledge

ex. " yeah the status quoe is undeterminably high this day." Or somethins smart.

"But you wouldn't understand, fans of mine."

Yeah mika and them didn't think we were smart enough to understand them which is underestimating our knowledge

ex. " yeah the status quoe is undeterminably high this day." Or somethins smart.

hmm? where did he say that? :blink:

:shocked:

I've been punk'd.

:shocked:

I thought it was weird. I'd never thought it was a joke.

Did I enter this world too late to understand it? Am I too "fan-naïve"? I was still living the "magic of start being a fan" (you know, that first moment you think everything is beautiful etc.) :doh:

I was reading the comments through this thread. I guess I should had come here earlier. heh

This was an wake-up call. *drama* (ok, not so dramatic, but I am really surprised.)

He could at least tell us how much he :roftl: about us.

I don't think anyone would be able to understand that. That makes no sense. :naughty:

Although it would be a pretty funny comment to post on a blog...

--Jack

well some things definetly don't add up and I don't really believe they are teachers but...I dunno what to think. Hopefully he will clear this up.

I don't know what to think anymore, but they don't look like teachers to me too, and if they are really friends of Mika why send comments on his MySpace page? real friends wouldn't send comments from there I think.

I just hope that he explained this on a future post because it would be more weird if he don't say anything ... i'm confused :mf_rosetinted:

I don't know what to think anymore, but they don't look like teachers to me too, and if they are really friends of Mika why send comments on his MySpace page? real friends wouldn't send comments from there I think.

I just hope that he explained this on a future post because it would be more weird if he don't say anything ... i'm confused :mf_rosetinted:

Eh, young teachers have done worse things than have myspace pages. Like sleep with students. (I'm not saying they are teachers, just that having a non-professional myspace does not really mean anything--lots of people have them.)

And when Mika was just starting out he did use his music page to talk to friends. I don't doubt they're friends of his, it's the other stuff that seems weird.

--Jack

Whoa! This thread is growing at a rate of 4,503,922.3 posts per day!

*Orders new server, sends invoice to Mika via XpressPost*

Now. What have I missed?

Comments:

So people thought Mika was selectively not approving and/or deleting posts, paranoia ensued, conspiracy theories surfaced, people made tinfoil hats - but then we worked out that the comments are just being fed through a spam filter that doesn't like the word "twat"? Is that the gist of it?

Guest bloggers:

My first interpretation was that they were friends of Mika's having a bit of fun - to me it seemed lighthearted and not at all malicious, not with the intent of making fun of Mika fans.

In fact, I thought the whole thing went something like this:

*Mika, Justine and Yvonne sitting around his flat drinking appletinis*

MIKA: So yeah, I've been blogging my face off these days on my official site. It's brilliant. I get to write about whatever random crap I'm interested in.

Yvonne: So cool! That's so not fair. I wish I could write about random crap. Like, I don't know, the search for meaning and the inherent guiding messages present in all Timbaland choruses.

Justine *Giggles, chokes on her appletini* Ha, that's an awesome idea! Too bad no one would read it.

MIKA: Weeelll, people *do* read my blog...yeah! Why don't you write something? Make it funny and ironic. *drops Macbook in Yvonne's lap*

That's so how it all went down in my head. :naughty:

Eh, young teachers have done worse things than have myspace pages. Like sleep with students. (I'm not saying they are teachers, just that having a non-professional myspace does not really mean anything--lots of people have them.)

And when Mika was just starting out he did use his music page to talk to friends. I don't doubt they're friends of his, it's the other stuff that seems weird.

--Jack

is not that teachers couldn't have a myspace page but how that pages looks like, and they don't need to look like little angels but the profile page says a lot about the person, don't you think?

Now. What have I missed?

Comments:

So people thought Mika was selectively not approving and/or deleting posts, paranoia ensued, conspiracy theories surfaced, people made tinfoil hats - but then we worked out that the comments are just being fed through a spam filter that doesn't like the word "twat"? Is that the gist of it?

Guest bloggers:

My first interpretation was that they were friends of Mika's having a bit of fun - to me it seemed lighthearted and not at all malicious, not with the intent of making fun of Mika fans.

MIKA: So yeah, I've been blogging my face off these days on my official site. It's brilliant. I get to write about whatever random crap I'm interested in.

Yvonne: So cool! That's so not fair. I wish I could write about random crap. Like, I don't know, the search for meaning and the inherent guiding messages present in all Timbaland choruses.

Justine *Giggles, chokes on her appletini* Ha, that's an awesome idea! Too bad no one would read it.

MIKA: Weeelll, people *do* read my blog...yeah! Why don't you write something? Make it funny and ironic. *drops Macbook in Yvonne's lap*

LOL that could be.

specifically the "Hey, people read MY blog" bit!

way to figure it all out Mana, thats what we keep you around for :thumb_yello:

Now. What have I missed?

Comments:

Guest bloggers:

I think the verdict is still out on how comments are approved since the more critical ones posted on earlier blogs were deleted.

As for appletinis, there probably had to be alcohol involved in that plan. Because pretending to be fans is a stupid idea when there's the MFC FBI.

I think the verdict is still out on how comments are approved since the more critical ones posted on earlier blogs were deleted.

As for appletinis, there probably had to be alcohol involved in that plan. Because pretending to be fans is a stupid idea when there's the MFC FBI.

:naughty:

you make me laugh so hard.

and yeah, people seem to be skipping over that bit.

Justine: Ok! Wow, so we should sound serious, a little bit at least. Nobody would believe in us, right? So... what about tell them we are NY teachers?

Yvonne: hahaha Teacher? Are you crazy? We don't look like teachers!

Mika: Well, that's would be funny! Let's see if they will get it!

Justine: Ok, what if we say we are "post-graduated disciples of pop music"? It sounds so nice and important!

Mika: *laugh*

Something like that? hehe

Now. What have I missed?

Comments:

Yup!! It was fun while it lasted though, and we could act all suspicious and outraged. I kept hoping the comments wouldn't be approved for a while so we could get more outrage in.

Guest bloggers:

Brilliant. :naughty: However even if that went down exactly this way, I don't see how this changes the feeling people got that he was being disrespectful to his fans... In your example "Mika" seems to view his readership as a portable, all-available audience doggedly willing to listen and snap up anything he might throw their way (including totally unrelated things like his friends' meanderings) and unworthy of any consideration in their own right.

And posing as traveling fan-documentary people or whatever would only be funny and ironic to them--not his audience which does not know them.

--Jack

Ahh, I see. Well at least that tells us one thing... Mika doesn't like twats. :fisch:

As for the MFC FBI - yeah, come on Mika, that one wasn't even that hard! Give us some credit. Although in their defense, Justine's MySpace *does* say she's a teacher, and she hasn't logged in since June.

That said, Mika dug his own grave with the content of that blog. Now random fans worldwide will think they can sneak backstage and will be perfectly able to engage Mika in hours of discussion about how the use of the words "bitches", "peeps" and "bling" in today's music is actually a modern day application of the fundamental points first outlined in Aristotle's study of rhetoric. And not only will Mika eat it up, he'll offer an invite to come hang out with him and post on his blog. :roftl: