Go To MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been finding all the confusion and outrage a bit exasperating since I explained how the comments on Mika's blog worked before it was even open to comment (to anyone except me and Bab anyway).

I wish people would just listen! :naughty:

You explained that comments slide back into place after being approved, but not that curse words were filtered or that specific chunks of time were approved at different times!

I used to worry that Mika was going to turn into Michael Jackson, building himself a larger than life toy theatre for his Neverland Ranch at 45. Now I fear he is turning into Oprah.

Well I said that's what one would get from Mana's example. Her supposition of how it went down is not at all necessarily the truth. :wink2:

You did not just say that. :roftl:

Oh gosh I didn't even get that! :shocked: See? Between Mana, Supertwat, you and babs, do we need more ironic commentary? Or rather, I'm always happy for more, but can it live up to what we already have? :naughty:

No, I don't really want to read serious esoteric pop music analysis.

Fine, I'll be the only lonely one. :tears:

--Jack

Although, the bag post felt a bit like one of those mass emails you get saying "look at this 3-D sidewalk artist!".

Edit: I just now saw the new thread on the 3-D sidewalk artist. Coincidence, I swear!! Sorry Kelzy. .

I thought we loved the same mass emails??!! :tears::naughty:

Well, I'm off to bed. You can post your blog now, Mika :wink2:

Toodles everyone :bye:

"goodnight" Nono!! :huglove:

Actually I'm only here to read today, but for you I make an exception :roftl:

Sure you are.. big tease. :thumbdown:

You explained that comments slide back into place after being approved, but not that curse words were filtered or that specific chunks of time were approved at different times!

Well I don't know what Mika is doing for certain. But I thought it was a given that Mika doesn't know what he's doing either, so it seems unlikely that the ad hoc manner in which these comments appear to be going up has anything to do with Mika censoring mild comments that annoy him.

I've heard a couple of conspiracy type theories about Mika and the blog this week and they make me laugh because I think people are giving him too much and too little credit at the same time.

I am getting the distinct impression that someone uploaded the WordPress files, gave Mika a URL where he could log in and post and told him to knock himself out. The rest has been trial and error on his part. :naughty:

Fine, I'll be the only lonely one. :tears:

Awww...:wub2:

You're jinxed Nono.. comments are being approved right now.. :fisch:

:roftl: Poor Nono. Why doesn't she just go to bed at a decent hour and one of us will text her if something actually happens?

I used to worry that Mika was going to turn into Michael Jackson, building himself a larger than life toy theatre for his Neverland Ranch at 45. Now I fear he is turning into Oprah.

Goodness Christine, you just made me laugh out so loudly at work :thumbdown:

You did not just say that. :roftl:

Even worse!!! People are looking!!!

I suspect that Mika has been paying attention this week and has had a little wakeup call on some FBI activities.

I guess he may have. As I always say, I think that he underestimates us :bleh:. Or maybe him and his people are just too easy to find. Whatever, similar enough.

Well I don't know what Mika is doing for certain. But I thought it was a given that Mika doesn't know what he's doing either, so it seems unlikely that the ad hoc manner in which these comments appear to be going up has anything to do with Mika censoring mild comments that annoy him.

I've heard a couple of conspiracy type theories about Mika and the blog this week and they make me laugh because I think people are giving him too much and too little credit at the same time.

I am getting the distinct impression that someone uploaded the WordPress files, gave Mika a URL where he could log in and post and told him to knock himself out. The rest has been trial and error on his part. :naughty:

Awww...:wub2:

:roftl: Poor Nono. Why doesn't she just go to bed at a decent hour and one of us will text her if something actually happens?

christine, always here to clear our minds... :fisch: and save us too:naughty:

I am beginning to think that I may be the one person (and maybe Christine) who actually really did want to read esoteric pop music analysis. :naughty:

It would be a shame if babs' comments outshone the humor of their blogs.

--Jack

a. You won't be the only lonely one....I wouldn't mind reading some esoteric analyses of something.

b. I think it is a real hoot that bab's humor continues to outshine anyone else on the blog.:thumb_yello: She is a credit to the Apples.

One of the main reasons why the Justonne blog bothered me is the following.

We've had instances (one very recently), where we were discussing a gig and the subsequent meetup with Mr Migthy Curls, all happy in our little thread, basking in the post-gig glow and dizziness, babbling away about how great it had all been, when someone who claims to be connected to the Mastah himself barged in.

In her posts, even if (cleverly) not openly declared as such, one can't help but get the impression that this person is, to some extent, trying to speak a bit "on Mika's behalf".

She tells us that Mika is being forced by fans, in "not so nice ways" to do things like meet and greets, that even his mother is targetted that way, that this is of course intolerable and disgraceful....So you can see how some people then may find it difficult to see the funny side of the blog in question.

Shortly after the latest "round of accusations" as described above, we get a random post on Mika's blog signed by some random girls who claim to have "muscled their way backstage" as (presumably) fans, and after much harrassing (not quoting literally) Mika, who, unsure at the start, ends up becoming friends with them and finding them interesting and intelligent enough to post on his blog.

On top of this, some comments by himself that are (I guess) intended in a funny way, seem to just stick the finger more deeply even into the eye, if you bear with my not-so-typical expressions.

I guess that this should make it slightly clearer to some, why some took a bit of offence by this blog. I'm sure that this was not the intention of it, or at least I hope that Mika or his mates didn't have that intention, but it is how it came across to some.

It's not that I have an issue with Mika's friends posting blogs, as I can choose to read them or not depending on whether I find them funny/interesting/intellectually challenging/whatever, but IMO this whole thing just didn't seem to be handled too well, especially considering the previous circumstances.

Does this mean that Mika is not aware of the fact that people who are allegedly close to him are posting on this forum accusing us of such things? It makes one wonder.

Oh, and just for the sake of the argument as well, I don't really care much for pop music analysis, but that is a totally different story altogether.

As I commented on Mika's blog (comment never approved) I said that I'd rather hear from others who I found more interesting, such as his sister, mother, John or the camera man Andy.

(Oh, and before I forget: At least Y was friends with Mr.M waaay before 2006. Think more like 04-05. Not that it matters I guess. Or not so much. But there it is)

Well I said that's what one would get from Mana's example. Her supposition of how it went down is not at all necessarily the truth. :wink2:

Clearly you don't know about the video camera I had installed in his living room. :mf_rosetinted:

No, you're right, Oprah-Mika is just the product of my mind - my interpretation, if you will. But don't say I didn't warn you when his next entry is all about his newly-created book club.

did racha delete her posts or is it just me who can't see them?:blink:

Yes dilek, racha deleted her posts. In fact, racha's in the habit of deleting most of her posts in most threads. Why? 'tis a mystery, but must be a very time-consuming habit indeed. :wink2:

We've had instances (one very recently), where we were discussing a gig and the subsequent meetup with Mr Migthy Curls, all happy in our little thread, basking in the post-gig glow and dizziness, babbling away about how great it had all been, when someone who claims to be connected to the Mastah himself barged in.

In her posts, even if (cleverly) not openly declared as such, one can't help but get the impression that this person is, to some extent, trying to speak a bit "on Mika's behalf".

She tells us that Mika is being forced by fans, in "not so nice ways" to do things like meet and greets, that even his mother is targetted that way, that this is of course intolerable and disgraceful....So you can see how some people then may find it difficult to see the funny side of the blog in question.

Shortly after the latest "round of accusations" as described above, we get a random post on Mika's blog signed by some random girls who claim to have "muscled their way backstage" as (presumably) fans, and after much harrassing (not quoting literally) Mika, who, unsure at the start, ends up becoming friends with them and finding them interesting and intelligent enough to post on his blog.

On top of this, some comments by himself that are (I guess) intended in a funny way, seem to just stick the finger more deeply even into the eye, if you bear with my not-so-typical expressions.

I guess that this should make it slightly clearer to some, why some took a bit of offence by this blog. I'm sure that this was not the intention of it, or at least I hope that Mika or his mates didn't have that intention, but it is how it came across to some.

It's not that I have an issue with Mika's friends posting blogs, as I can choose to read them or not depending on whether I find them funny/interesting/intellectually challenging/whatever, but IMO this whole thing just didn't seem to be handled too well, especially considering the previous circumstances.

Does this mean that Mika is not aware of the fact that people who are allegedly close to him are posting on this forum accusing us of such things? It makes one wonder.

Oh, and just for the sake of the argument as well, I don't really care much for pop music analysis, but that is a totally different story altogether.

As I commented on Mika's blog (comment never approved) I said that I'd rather hear from others who I found more interesting, such as his sister, mother, John or the camera man Andy.

(Oh, and before I forget: At least Y was friends with Mr.M waaay before 2006. Think more like 04-05. Not that it matters I guess. Or not so much. But there it is)

I get it...

But justine was posting here on the MFC?:blink:

No, you're right, Oprah-Mika is just the product of my mind - my interpretation, if you will. But don't say I didn't warn you when his next entry is all about his newly-created book club.

What a delightful idea. Too many of us spend too much time here, maybe if Mika started a book club his fans would start to read more. Oprah-Mika, take heed!

We could have the Mika-health guru blog too, to get a few of us fatties off our bums and out doing some ab curls and combat kicks a la Billy Blanks and his boot camp.

Mika's boot camp. The new trend for healthy fans.

Following up our workouts with facials from the Dead Sea or alternatively, horse spit.:wink2:

(By fatties I am only referring to myself, nobody else springs to mind!!):wink2:

We could have the Mika-health guru blog too, to get a few of us fatties off our bums and out doing some ab curls and combat kicks a la Billy Blanks and his boot camp.

Following up our workouts with facials from the Dead Sea or alternatively, horse spit.:wink2:

(By fatties I am only referring to myself, nobody else springs to mind!!):wink2:

haha, YES ;D

We should really! :naughty:

Carlota! How are we my fourplet!

speaking of that....no one has been in the fourplet thread for about 3 days! just me! and liene a few times!

and alice was talking to herself.!

SOMEONE GET OVER THERE!

I'll go, I'll go :naughty:

It's hard to follow at all :naughty:

Btw, what the heck does esoteric mean? :naughty::blush-anim-cl:

Esoteric relates to "external reality" as opposed to one's own thoughts or feelings. It is knowledge that is public as opposed to secretive or cabalistic. It is not required that exoteric knowledge come easily or automatically, but it should be referenceable or reproducible.

Esoteric relates to "external reality" as opposed to one's own thoughts or feelings. It is knowledge that is public as opposed to secretive or cabalistic. It is not required that exoteric knowledge come easily or automatically, but it should be referenceable or reproducible.

Thanks! Wikipedia?:bleh:

Great idea! It could be a whole franchise. He could be the next Oprah. :naughty:

I get it...

But justine was posting here on the MFC?:blink:

Nobody replied here so...

I'd be glad if someone sends me a PM, 'cause I don't understand either what was said about us by one of Mika's friends:blink:

That pretty much sums up what has been reverberating inside my head since I have read the blog in question for the first time.

Apart from the fact that strangely, reading this blog affected me the same way, titania's insulting accusations did, as in giving me that nagging doubtful feeling about the aftershow encounters again.