Go To MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't personally feel disrespected.

I'm fine with the whole thing now and am really over it... now I'm just curious if they have read all this fuss and what they'll do with their next blog.

Okay good. :blush-anim-cl: 'Cause I don't actually feel that way either, I was just thinking that if people did, Mana's hypothetical situation didn't make much of a difference.

But as I explained in the apple thread, I definitely think the "overly" was just a not-entirely-fortuitously-in-context chosen synonym for "excessively," and, well, as far as unrelated thoughts... I am beginning to think that I may be the one person (and maybe Christine) who actually really did want to read esoteric pop music analysis. :naughty: And I'm still hoping it wasn't fully a joke and will be forthcoming. Being that it's pretty much right up my alley.

Although I just don't get why the random made up story was necessary. It really wasn't very funny at all (the way it was told was clever, but I mean, I don't find the idea of the story funny), except, I imagine, for Yvonne and Justine and Mika themselves. But not to anyone who's not in on their backstory.

My only real concern is that they'd better be damn intelligent and funny indeed. Because while academic analysis of pop music is right up my alley, I can get it quite well from my school's library or other places online... so I hope their observations are interesting and unique enough to justify being given a spot on Mika's blog rather than just, you know, posting them in their own online journals. And if they were kidding about doing serious pop music analysis, then they'd better be pretty drop-down funny, considering that we have quite a solid contingent of witty posters on here as is. It would be a shame if babs' comments outshone the humor of their blogs.

--Jack

English as a Second Language. :thumb_yello:

In North America (or at least as I know of in Canada), most classes that teach English as a second language are called ESL classes.

Thank you!:thumb_yello:

Although I just don't get why the random made up story was necessary. It really wasn't very funny at all (the way it was told was clever, but I mean, I don't find the idea of the story funny), except, I imagine, for Yvonne and Justine and Mika themselves. But not to anyone who's not in on their backstory.

My only real concern is that they'd better be damn intelligent and funny indeed. Because while academic analysis of pop music is right up my alley, I can get it quite well from my school's library or other places online... so I hope their observations are interesting and unique enough to justify being given a spot on Mika's blog rather than just, you know, posting them in their own online journals. And if they were kidding about doing serious pop music analysis, then they'd better be pretty drop-down funny, considering that we have quite a solid contingent of witty posters on here as is. It would be a shame if babs' comments outshone the humor of their blogs.

--Jack

Bingo! I think you hit the nail on the head right there.

I definitely think the "overly" was just a not-entirely-fortuitously-in-context chosen synonym for "excessively,"

I think that's worth repeating.

I think he just meant excessively intelligent-sounding commentary half-filled with irony (ie, just a lot of talk, with some sarcasm and humour), and not "this might be above your intelligence".

Oh read them too but some send them too me causw when they were posted the first time the mods asked to erase them!

We didn't ask that. I personally said it wasn't smart nor very respectful to post them here on the forum and people deleted them by themselves.

I still think, btw, that it is not very respectful and will just remind you that Mika is likely to read this very thread and might wonder why we needed to dig up things he wrote back in 2006 when still unfamous.

We didn't ask that. I personally said it wasn't smart nor very respectful to post them here on the forum and people deleted them by themselves.

I still think, btw, that it is not very respectful and will just remind you that Mika is likely to read this very thread and might wonder why we needed to dig up things he wrote back in 2006 when still unfamous.

ok! I agree with you!:thumb_yello:

I want to add if I said something that offend you mods Im sorry it wasnt my intetion! :(:)

Noo silly!!! of course you havent !!

It would take a lot to offend us :roftl:

But thats what we are here for you , we are not evil monsters , well Im not :wink2: , but sometimes we can advise you know .. the MFC might not always agree with us but we do have the intentions generally in the right place

Im sure Mika mid 2006 could never have dreamt of what we is now and those posts well ... I bet he thinks about them

Please dont think you have offended us :thumb_yello:

Noo silly!!! of course you havent !!

It would take a lot to offend us :roftl:

But thats what we are here for you , we are not evil monsters , well Im not :wink2: , but sometimes we can advise you know .. the MFC might not always agree with us but we do have the intentions generally in the right place

Im sure Mika mid 2006 could never have dreamt of what we is now and those posts well ... I bet he thinks about them

Please dont think you have offended us :thumb_yello:

ok! thanks!:wink2:

Yup!! It was fun while it lasted though, and we could act all suspicious and outraged. I kept hoping the comments wouldn't be approved for a while so we could get more outrage in.

:roftl:

I've been finding all the confusion and outrage a bit exasperating since I explained how the comments on Mika's blog worked before it was even open to comment (to anyone except me and Bab anyway).

I wish people would just listen! :naughty:

In your example "Mika" seems to view his readership as a portable, all-available audience doggedly willing to listen and snap up anything he might throw their way (including totally unrelated things like his friends' meanderings) and unworthy of any consideration in their own right.

I used to worry that Mika was going to turn into Michael Jackson, building himself a larger than life toy theatre for his Neverland Ranch at 45. Now I fear he is turning into Oprah.

Ahh, I see. Well at least that tells us one thing... Mika doesn't like twats.

You did not just say that. :roftl:

but surely Mika would know by now how ridiculously good the MFC FBI is???:blink:

Has he been paying so little attention over the past 2 years?:mf_rosetinted:

I suspect that Mika has been paying attention this week and has had a little wakeup call on some FBI activities.

I am beginning to think that I may be the one person (and maybe Christine) who actually really did want to read esoteric pop music analysis. :naughty: And I'm still hoping it wasn't fully a joke and will be forthcoming. Being that it's pretty much right up my alley.

No, I don't really want to read serious esoteric pop music analysis. I just got excited when I saw their blog because I imagined it would be a great opportunity to take the piss out of Mika's "hyper reality" talk and other such nonsense. I hope these girls are on board. :naughty:

:roftl:

No, I don't really want to read serious esoteric pop music analysis. I just got excited when I saw their blog because I imagined it would be a great opportunity to take the piss out of Mika's "hyper reality" talk and other such nonsense. I hope these girls are on board. :naughty:

That's what I initially assumed it was, too.