Go To MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

When a post is being quoted it comes out with a bit of italic font!

That was completely random :roftl: :roftl: and why is it roftl and not rotfl :blink:

Okay go on :naughty:

Thank u! I've always wondered this! :blink:

Sorry, back on topic........

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"discredit", "damage"and "lies""???????

:shocked:

These blogs are supposed to be fun... please just enjoy them... no harm has been done... seriously!

:thumb_yello:

Mouhaha don't take it that seriously then. My point is: he got busted, too bad for him, no need to defend him and no need to attack those who actually decided to check who these girls were. After all, i always try to know more about the authors of an essay/book before reading their works cause I think it's important to understand the message/opinion. That's what some members did. Knowing they are friends of Mika I personally won't read these 2 girls' stuff with the same perspective as if they were indeed totally unrelated to him. That's all the difference it makes for me.:wink2:

I think the problem is that when you lie in an introduction post, you kinda discredit yourself and what you might say next. Besides, I don't really understand why such a lie was needed to start with :blink: Anyway, too late, the damage has been done.

it was obvious it was a joke, did anyone took it seriously or something!!???

hahah! I was just coming to say that

Nono!! you can come back now. We tricked him. sarcasm5.gif

You've got to be f*cking kidding me! :lmfao:

Well it worked, so that's good. I was actually reading instead of sleeping though:naughty:

No no, all of mine were eventually approved. The only ones that weren't were the ones mentioning SuperTwat's name. I think Mika just didn't want the word "twat" on his blog, or maybe it was even automatically filtered by software and he never even saw it. When ST posted under another name, her comments went through.

--Jack

Really? That could explain why my comment for his art blog never got posted....I called my sister a "bitch" in it :lol3:

About the deleted/not-approved comments. On the Yvonne and Justine blog, I just wrote "Seriously?" and although it was sarcastic, I suppose they still could have taken it as a sincere comment. It's on there. I really wanted to write "I'm calling bull sh*t on this one", but I knew that would never get approved. At first, when it didn't show up for a while I figured it got blocked even though it's not really even offensive. I just figured since it wasn't like any of the other comments "OMG, that sounds so interesting!", it would get deleted. Anyway, it wasn't, obviously.

in there blog they just talked about how they were there as friends of mika and they were going to post weekly about different artists and they break up the meaning behind the lyrics and the visuals in the music videos and so on... basically go more in depth with artists that are popular now... the reason they are doing this because they are teachers that want to understand how music connects with students and such

maybe its MIKA getting out his word with his alter egos :mf_rosetinted:

I really don't think that Mika is deleting any comments because he doesn't like the content. They are just being approved in some kind of random or filtered manner by the sounds of it. If you think your posts are appearing and disappearing it's just because they are cached after you make the comment but are not actually published to the site until they are approved.

Even if later comments are being published first it just means that they are not being approved in order, not that the early comments were deleted.

If "twat" is getting screened out it's because they've turned on the spam or some similar filter. This means either Mika has chosen to disallow these words, they are sitting in a spam folder that he hasn't bothered to look at or they're getting automatically deleted without his knowledge.

It took him a month and finally a request to fans to work out how one is supposed to make comments in the first place. It's hardly surprising that the comments are not going up in a timely and orderly fashion. Especially if the server is causing difficulties.

About the deleted/not-approved comments. On the Yvonne and Justine blog, I just wrote "Seriously?" and although it was sarcastic, I suppose they still could have taken it as a sincere comment. It's on there. I really wanted to write "I'm calling bull sh*t on this one", but I knew that would never get approved. At first, when it didn't show up for a while I figured it got blocked even though it's not really even offensive. I just figured since it wasn't like any of the other comments "OMG, that sounds so interesting!", it would get deleted. Anyway, it wasn't, obviously.

Yeah, I don't think Mika's deleting sarcastic comments, just ones with swear words, and maybe some really rude ones.

About the J+Y blog--it wasn't that people took it seriously and then went trawling through comments, it was that some people were like, "ok, so this has to be some kind of joke--but what kind is it?" and then went looking stuff up to figure out just what was true and what wasn't. So I'm saying either Mika needs to make his jokes more obvious (to the point where no one's tempted to research them to figure out the truth behind them) or not joke quite like that. (By "needs" I mean, "if he doesn't want people to go off on cyber-sleuthing sprees." If he doesn't care, then whatever.)

--Jack

hiiiii!!!

i`ve been reading most of the pages that i couldn`t read at the morning

excuse me.. but is it really that important that the girls say everysingle detail of how they met mika? for me it isn`t really that important

the girls and mika didn`t kill anybody! maybe they lie.. but not a big deal.

about the deleted coments i think it`s more a sofeware stuff

maybe coments with some words are automatically deleted as said Christine

i don`t think it`s mika himself deleting things.. he`s not all day in front of his notebook

Yeah, I don't think Mika's deleting sarcastic comments, just ones with swear words, and maybe some really rude ones.

About the J+Y blog--it wasn't that people took it seriously and then went trawling through comments, it was that some people were like, "ok, so this has to be some kind of joke--but what kind is it?" and then went looking stuff up to figure out just what was true and what wasn't. So I'm saying either Mika needs to make his jokes more obvious (to the point where no one's tempted to research them to figure out the truth behind them) or not joke quite like that. (By "needs" I mean, "if he doesn't want people to go off on cyber-sleuthing sprees." If he doesn't care, then whatever.)

--Jack

cyber sleuthing is fun as long as it doesn't invade anyone's privacy!

didn't he say he wanted to start some games?

hmmmmmm

take for instance ABC did a great online game with the show LOST. MIKA could do something fun like that....solve puzzles,,,,unjumble words...stuff in code....

although one needs very good programming abilities tho...(hmmmm goes to desk to ponder)...but Jack, you are right, it needs to be more obvious and hopefully those girls really are aware they are in on it!

I really don't think that Mika is deleting any comments because he doesn't like the content. They are just being approved in some kind of random or filtered manner by the sounds of it. If you think your posts are appearing and disappearing it's just because they are cached after you make the comment but are not actually published to the site until they are approved.

Even if later comments are being published first it just means that they are not being approved in order, not that the early comments were deleted.

If "twat" is getting screened out it's because they've turned on the spam or some similar filter. This means either Mika has chosen to disallow these words, they are sitting in a spam folder that he hasn't bothered to look at or they're getting automatically deleted without his knowledge.

It took him a month and finally a request to fans to work out how one is supposed to make comments in the first place. It's hardly surprising that the comments are not going up in a timely and orderly fashion. Especially if the server is causing difficulties.

Yes, I got a BIG let down after seeing my comment was not first. I wrote it being the first one, went back to check later and was 15th. :S I doubt he reads ALL of them anyways.

This might make some feel better about the comments and approval and such...

I commented in one of the blogs a few days ago and at one point there were 13 comments approved and mine was number 3, but I checked back a while later and there were 23 comments and mine was number 13, so some above had been approved after mine (I would assume) because of the time markings of the new posts were earlier than mine.

My guess is that if you wait a while, even if the time markings are past the time you sent your comment, you may still see your comment up later. Perhaps there are key words which may cause a comment to be sent into the approval line?

Just a thought=]

This might make some feel better about the comments and approval and such...

I commented in one of the blogs a few days ago and at one point there were 13 comments approved and mine was number 3, but I checked back a while later and there were 23 comments and mine was number 13, so some above had been approved after mine (I would assume) because of the time markings of the new posts were earlier than mine.

My guess is that if you wait a while, even if the time markings are past the time you sent your comment, you may still see your comment up later. Perhaps there are key words which may cause a comment to be sent into the approval line?

Just a thought=]

Ooooh thanks a tonne!!!!!!!

I'm surprised Mika doesn't understand his audience better. A lot of people are ESL (if they speak English at all), younger, older, not well versed in American culture and humour, whatever. They are likely to take things more literally than what is intended.

And I think some of us who are in the habit of making our own not-to-be-taken-seriously posts are not really feeling this joke. I called bullsh*t without any further investigation but I still don't understand the motivation for making it appear that fans could just accost Mika backstage at some point in the fairly recent past and he would invite them over to his flat.

Yes I found the story too ridiculous to be taken at face value but it did make me wonder what the real story was since they were the ones who chose to reveal details of how they met Mika. If Mika had just said "hey, these are my friends", I'm sure people would have left it at that.

As Bab has pointed out many times, we may think we're terribly amusing, but Mika isn't in on our jokes so we shouldn't expect him to find chicken and wizards anywhere near as hilarious as we do - if at all.

By the same token he can probably expect that we're not going to share in his inside jokes with his friends. Mika should have introduced his friends first and let them blog some time later. And probably have been a bit more straightforward about the whole thing until people get to know them and can share in the joke, not be left wondering if they're the butt of it.

Mika should have introduced his friends first and let them blog some time later. And probably have been a bit more straightforward about the whole thing until people get to know them and can share in the joke, not be left wondering if they're the butt of it.

Yes- that would have been a good idea. Less confusion and such.

Ooooh thanks a tonne!!!!!!!

No problem. I have no idea why mine was approved early, I actually just checked again and now i'm something like 31 of over 200. Confusing. But i'm sure any reasonable posts will be put up in time.

I'm surprised Mika doesn't understand his audience better. A lot of people are ESL (if they speak English at all), younger, older, not well versed in American culture and humour, whatever. They are likely to take things more literally than what is intended.

And I think some of us who are in the habit of making our own not-to-be-taken-seriously posts are not really feeling this joke. I called bullsh*t without any further investigation but I still don't understand the motivation for making it appear that fans could just accost Mika backstage at some point in the fairly recent past and he would invite them over to his flat.

Yes I found the story too ridiculous to be taken at face value but it did make me wonder what the real story was since they were the ones who chose to reveal details of how they met Mika. If Mika had just said "hey, these are my friends", I'm sure people would have left it at that.

As Bab has pointed out many times, we may think we're terribly amusing, but Mika isn't in on our jokes so we shouldn't expect him to find chicken and wizards anywhere near as hilarious as we do - if at all.

By the same token he can probably expect that we're not going to share in his inside jokes with his friends. Mika should have introduced his friends first and let them blog some time later. And probably have been a bit more straightforward about the whole thing until people get to know them and can share in the joke, not be left wondering if they're the butt of it.

As usual you're a good voice of reason around here. Good post.

I'd like to add that English is my first language, I'm early-30's, reasonably educated etc etc, and I still didn't see it as a joke right away.... just because I can be a little thick that way sometimes. Ashton Kutcher would have a field day with me.

I came here and mocked them for being so pompous (not that I'm proud of that :blush-anim-cl:) based on the assumption that it was real and they were just full of themselves. Something seemed off, but I still took it at face value.

Mind you, I also believed in the yogic flying adventure for a good long while!

What I'm saying is... I don't know... I guess I'm just saying that I got punked too.

And, agreed... if they had just been a little more forthright in their introduction, I may have been much more welcoming and open to their sense of humour.

also some of the sentences don't make sense.

"Twenty-Second Century?" its still the 21st century

That was a pun. :thumb_yello: "Twenty-Second Century Emotion"= "20 sec. Century Emotion." I think it was a reference to the shorter attention spans of our current pop culture (3 minute radio-friendly pop song, etc). They were making up paper titles, and academic paper titles are often based on puns and wordplay.

--Jack