Go To MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

Ahh, I see. Well at least that tells us one thing... Mika doesn't like twats. :fisch:

OK, you can probably guess how I understood that at first. :naughty:

But I maintain that they were deleted because he's the biggest twat of all and doesn't want any competition. :fisch:

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Although in their defense, Justine's MySpace *does* say she's a teacher, and she hasn't logged in since June.

hours of discussion about how the use of the words "bitches", "peeps" and "bling" in today's music is actually a modern day application of the fundamental points first outlined in Aristotle's study of rhetoric.

Imagine if they actually are doing post-grad research on pop music. :naughty: All this talk about how "ridiculous" their research sounds would be making them feel pretty bad!

--Jack

Imagine if they actually are doing post-grad research on pop music. :naughty: All this talk about how "ridiculous" their research sounds would be making them feel pretty bad!

--Jack

But if they write in an "over intelligent" manner "half filled with irony" then even they could see the ridiculousness of the examples listed in their blog.

But if they write in an "over intelligent" manner "half filled with irony" then even they could see the ridiculousness of the examples listed in their blog.

I'm probably the least suited to appreciate the ridiculousness actually 'cause I am at the moment reading a book on the intersection between the Jena school of Romanticism, 19th c. aestheticism, Karl Marx, Andy Warhol, and David Bowie. :bleh:

--Jack

In your example "Mika" seems to view his readership as a portable, all-available audience doggedly willing to listen and snap up anything he might throw their way (including totally unrelated things like his friends' meanderings) and unworthy of any consideration in their own right.

Are you suggesting that the majority aren't willing to listen to whatever he has to say?

I would bet a month's wages that Mika could post a blog consisting of 200 words describing just how blue the sky was in London on one particular day, and he'd get, oh, 225 comments in response. Then we'd have 45 pages on here talking about how his analysis of the sky indicates how deep he is, three more pages making reference to his boob-shaped cloud quote and wondering if there were boob-shaped clouds in the sky on this particular day, and five pages wondering if his use of "Blue" and "Sky" is a shout out to our very own and perhaps a hint at a tour of Japan... :naughty:

Not saying I wouldn't be right in the middle of it, of course, posting a random comment about the blue-ness of the sky in relation to altitude or something. But I'm just sayin'. :mf_rosetinted:

But I maintain that they were deleted because he's the biggest twat of all and doesn't want any competition. :fisch:

Lord of the Twats? :blink::naughty:

--Jack

Yeah, especially since Mika "thought they were retarded!" How crushing that must have been. :mf_rosetinted:

Are you suggesting that the majority aren't willing to listen to whatever he has to say?

I would bet a month's wages that Mika could post a blog consisting of 200 words describing just how blue the sky was in London on one particular day, and he'd get, oh, 225 comments in response. Then we'd have 45 pages on here talking about how his analysis of the sky indicates how deep he is, three more pages making reference to his boob-shaped cloud quote and wondering if there were boob-shaped clouds in the sky on this particular day, and five pages wondering if his use of "Blue" and "Sky" is a shout out to our very own and perhaps a hint at a tour of Japan... :naughty:

Yeah, but that would be a blog about his thoughts on the sky. People are interested in hearing his thoughts (whether they be about artists he likes or bags he found interesting), or looking at pictures of toys or kitsch he owns, because they want a glimpse into his life. They do not care about the thoughts of his friends on totally unrelated subjects. I wager if Mika had just linked to a blog of their own where they talked about Rihanna and Timbaland, and wrote something like "I think this is really interesting, I love intelligent analysis of pop music!" no one would have complained.

Yeah, especially since Mika "thought they were retarded!" How crushing that must have been. :mf_rosetinted:

But then he came to his senses and decided they were over-intelligent enough to give a guest blogging spot to! :biggrin2:

--Jack

I'm probably the least suited to appreciate the ridiculousness actually 'cause I am at the moment reading a book on the intersection between the Jena school of Romanticism, 19th c. aestheticism, Karl Marx, Andy Warhol, and David Bowie. :bleh:

--Jack

Oh wow, maybe not then. Is it a good read? :naughty:

Lord of the Twats? :blink::naughty:

That's catchy. But "MegaTwat" is the official term of address. :thumb_yello:

Oh wow, maybe not then. Is it a good read? :naughty:

It is actually! Although if anything parts of it are a little bit obvious...

Have you seen this list of pop-music dissertations Blue Sky posted?

"Van Halen: Changes in their Stylistic Development, and a Critical Examination of Audience Reception, 1978-1986" by Thomas Harrison

"Groove and Flow: Six Analytical Essays on the Music of Stevie Wonder" by Tim Hughes

"The Civics of Rock: Sixties Countercultural Music and the Transformation of the Public Sphere" by Michael Kramer

"Pure Black, Looking Clear: Genre, Race, Commerce, and the Music of Metallica" by Glenn T. Pillsbury

" 'We Accept You, One of Us': Punk Rock, Community, and Individualism in an Uncertain America, 1974-1985" by M. Montgomery Wolf

--Jack

Not saying I wouldn't be right in the middle of it, of course, posting a random comment about the blue-ness of the sky in relation to altitude or something. But I'm just sayin'. :mf_rosetinted:

you are soooooooo right! we tend to stretch things... don't we?

i'm not concerned about how he met them, and i don't care. but he must think they have something interesting to say. i bet if their message was as a link or a different page other then where we find his messages, all this wouldn't have happened. i just think of it as an extra thing to read, like a magazine or something. i'll read it, if i have time and if it's interesting.

I think the verdict is still out on how comments are approved since the more critical ones posted on earlier blogs were deleted.

As for appletinis, there probably had to be alcohol involved in that plan. Because pretending to be fans is a stupid idea when there's the MFC FBI.

ah yessss!!! **oops ..why is my computer smoking??***

not good to mix alcohol with computers..shorts them you know

--Jack

Well I won't believe they are until their dissertation title gets added to the list you kindly copied out for us from that link.:naughty:

...and five pages wondering if his use of "Blue" and "Sky" is a shout out to our very own and perhaps a hint at a tour of Japan... :naughty:

Post of the day Mana!! :bow:

Well I won't believe they are until their dissertation title gets added to the list you kindly copied out for us from that link.:naughty:

I don't think it works like that... I mean, it's not like you're obliged to declare your dissertation anywhere except your university... :blink:

And class papers or research papers you do for independent/supervised study don't have to be published either...

--Jack

I don't think it works like that... I mean, it's not like you're obliged to declare your dissertation anywhere except your university... :blink:

And class papers or research papers you do for independent/supervised study don't have to be published either...

--Jack

Of course. That is why you will never find mine.:wink2:

I am prepared to wait and see what they come up with on the blog, but surely Mika would know by now how ridiculously good the MFC FBI is???:blink:

Has he been paying so little attention over the past 2 years?:mf_rosetinted:

*lurks* :naughty:

I'm just keeping a low profile today.

Are you awake? :sleep_1:

Yes I am. Did you notice that he posted his last blog at 11:25am? I left at 3:25am...he posted the same minute I left! :sneaky2:

Too rude to even wait till I had officially signed off:mf_rosetinted:

Yes I am. Did you notice that he posted his last blog at 11:25am? I left at 3:25am...he posted the same minute I left! :sneaky2:

Too rude to even wait till I had officially signed off:mf_rosetinted:

He's so cruel to you :roftl:

You really need to start faking your exits.

gtg out for Dinner now. :bye:

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

He's so cruel to you :roftl:

You really need to start faking your exits.

gtg out for Dinner now. :bye:

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think he can somehow tell the difference:mf_rosetinted:

Alrighty, enjoy! :bye:

hi racha, i seem to agree with you most of the times........

this one too!

let's wait and see in the next days.

about the 2 bloggers...i was one of the first to be doubtful about them being a fake...and i still am.

But what if mika really appreciates them...or is his true friend....and trust them....or just wanted to play a trick? not in a very nasty way, just a joke....

shall we ban him from the list of our favourite popstars?:wink2:

i don't think so....even the most critical mfcer always comes back, cause we all love him.

i wouldn't mind searching the net for info, we'll never know the true truth anyway............

agreed:thumb_yello:

well some things definetly don't add up and I don't really believe they are teachers but...I dunno what to think. Hopefully he will clear this up.

have you seen my myspace page?

well, you shouldn't:mf_rosetinted:

As for appletinis, there probably had to be alcohol involved in that plan. Because pretending to be fans is a stupid idea when there's the MFC FBI.

lol! MFC FBI....

:bond:

I would bet a month's wages that Mika could post a blog consisting of 200 words describing just how blue the sky was in London on one particular day, and he'd get, oh, 225 comments in response. Then we'd have 45 pages on here talking about how his analysis of the sky indicates how deep he is, three more pages making reference to his boob-shaped cloud quote and wondering if there were boob-shaped clouds in the sky on this particular day, and five pages wondering if his use of "Blue" and "Sky" is a shout out to our very own and perhaps a hint at a tour of Japan...

:lmfao:

that's just true:naughty:

and sad:blink:

Guest bloggers:

My first interpretation was that they were friends of Mika's having a bit of fun - to me it seemed lighthearted and not at all malicious, not with the intent of making fun of Mika fans.

In fact, I thought the whole thing went something like this:

Brilliant. :naughty: However even if that went down exactly this way, I don't see how this changes the feeling people got that he was being disrespectful to his fans...

I don't personally feel disrespected.

I'm fine with the whole thing now and am really over it... now I'm just curious if they have read all this fuss and what they'll do with their next blog.

When I thought it was real they just rubbed me the wrong way, and I also didn't like the way they seemed to barge in on his blog. Although now I can see his point about the site being a work in progress, he'll categorize everything soon, etc etc.

When I realized it could very well be a joke I felt a little silly for not seeing it sooner, but I still didn't feel disrespected. As Christine said maybe he finds them really funny, and because we don't know them, didn't have a context to put them in, and haven't been privy to their inside jokes, it didn't quite come across in the way that was intended. Even if they were just having a bit of fun and it was more amusing for them than for us, I'm still not offended by that.

I also don't think he ever meant the "over intelligent" comment as a dig at fans in any way... I think the reaction to that may have been a bit overly sensitive and misinterpreted.

I really don't think that Mika is taking on an approach of "my fans will swallow whatever drivel I write with a smile" although it may not be too far off the mark and I can see why people might take it that way. It may come across that way, which would certainly be disrespecful if it were true, just because he is sometimes writing about ordinary or trivial things that don't appeal to everyone. However, there are a wide variety of blogs that he's written - something for everyone I guess - considering he does have many very young fans who just want to know that he's "thinking of them".

I think the only intent is to make sure he connects with his fans on a regular basis, even if he doesn't happen to have anything substantial to say at the moment. At this point I'm not prepared to be quite so cynical as to think he's feeding us garbage simply because he knows we'll eat it. I do think he's just having fun and being lighthearted about the whole thing. If he's enjoying it and is prepared to blog so often, I don't really want to make it a chore for him by insisting every blog be brilliant.

Although, the bag post felt a bit like one of those mass emails you get saying "look at this 3-D sidewalk artist!". :naughty:

Edit: I just now saw the new thread on the 3-D sidewalk artist. Coincidence, I swear!! Sorry Kelzy.

Yeah, but that would be a blog about his thoughts on the sky. People are interested in hearing his thoughts (whether they be about artists he likes or bags he found interesting), or looking at pictures of toys or kitsch he owns, because they want a glimpse into his life. They do not care about the thoughts of his friends on totally unrelated subjects. I wager if Mika had just linked to a blog of their own where they talked about Rihanna and Timbaland, and wrote something like "I think this is really interesting, I love intelligent analysis of pop music!" no one would have complained.

--Jack

Exactly. They DO care about the thoughts of his friends on totally unrelated subjects, as long as it's framed by him as "these are my friends and their thoughts on totally unrelated subjects".

something is odd about that piano in the picture. when one stands...do the keys come up to almost shoulder level?????hmmmm

I don't think it was photoshopped. But I do think it's his piano and that we've seen it before.

I'm surprised Mika doesn't understand his audience better. A lot of people are ESL (if they speak English at all), younger, older, not well versed in American culture and humour, whatever. They are likely to take things more literally than what is intended.

Oh yes, all so true Christine!

So please, what does ESL mean!?:wink2:

something is odd about that piano in the picture. when one stands...do the keys come up to almost shoulder level?????hmmmm

Hard to let that one go??:roftl:

Yes it is to me too, something is not right with that picture.

At first I thought it was the girl to the left who was photoshopped in but when you compare the size of the piano and the girl to the right it just does not make sense?:naughty:

Funny though!

I really hope you can find the picture you are thinking of!:wink2: