Mika's Orbit Chewing Gum Commercial! HELP ME!

pianogirlsammy

i couldn't find the email , but i found this: http://www.wrigley.com/contact_us/contact_form.do

you can fill in that form or you can write: For U.S. and Canada consumer and product information, you may also write to:Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company

P.O. BOX 3900

Peoria, IL 61614

Or call:1-800-WRIGLEY

(U.S. and Canada consumers only)

this is what i sent to them:

hello,

I am writing to query after a orbit chewing gum ad that was used in the UK or America a number of years ago, probably in the 90's.

It was written by Michael Penniman Jr. But possibly listed as by Mica Penniman.

I don't know much else except that he was in his early teens when he wrote it. If you still have the ad stored somewhere and could make it avaliable in some way you have no idea how much it would be appreciated. Thankyou very much for your time.

Edited by racinghorse83

hello,

I am writing to query after a orbit chewing gum ad that was used in the UK or America a number of years ago, probably in the 90's.

I don't know much else except that he was in his early teens when he wrote it. If you still have the ad stored somewhere and could make it avaliable in some way you have no idea how much it would be appreciated. Thankyou very much for your time.

Charlotte

good job charlotte! i hope there's more of us who are willing to do the same so that we can all be able to listen to the brilliant jingle Mika had written during his younger days :thumb_yello:

I hope you write too kaeryana =) i wish everyone would write.. how do we get eveyone too? spam the oldlings thread maybe :mf_rosetinted:

why don't we make a petition instead?so that people who lack in inspiration to write a letter like me could get an advantage to have a say on it too,lol.let's ask the admins for help on this,maybe they can help us convert the petition thread to a sticky thread.what do you say?:wink2:

hey everyone:

this is the response i got from wrigley today:

Dear , Thanks for visiting the Wrigley web site to request information about the actor or actress in our ad for Wrigley's gum. Although we'd like to be helpful, because of contractual agreements with those who produce the commercials, as well as the actors and actresses who appear in them, we are unable to distribute photos or information about the participants. Again, thanks for taking the time to stop by Wrigley.com and for your interest in Wrigley advertising. Sincerely, Molly FlayNorth American Consumer Affairs Representative

so, i think wev've hit a dead end, becasue they can't give it to us becasue of law.

Edited by racinghorse83

hey everyone:

Dear Charlotte, Thanks for visiting the Wrigley web site to request information about the actor or actress in our ad for Wrigley's gum. Although we'd like to be helpful, because of contractual agreements with those who produce the commercials, as well as the actors and actresses who appear in them, we are unable to distribute photos or information about the participants. Again, thanks for taking the time to stop by Wrigley.com and for your interest in Wrigley advertising. Sincerely, Molly FlayNorth American Consumer Affairs Representative

so, i think wev've hit a dead end, becasue they can't give it to us becasue of law.

:mad3:

that's frustrating. :sneaky2:

hello,

Charlotte

I'm not sure Mika was the one who wrote it, just sang it.

But on the other hand I don't think it made any difference.

hey everyone:

Dear Charlotte, Thanks for visiting the Wrigley web site to request information about the actor or actress in our ad for Wrigley's gum. Although we'd like to be helpful, because of contractual agreements with those who produce the commercials, as well as the actors and actresses who appear in them, we are unable to distribute photos or information about the participants. Again, thanks for taking the time to stop by Wrigley.com and for your interest in Wrigley advertising. Sincerely, Molly FlayNorth American Consumer Affairs Representative

Well, at least you tried...:wub2:

hey everyone:

at least you got a response

at least you got a response

yeah, but it's only the commercial. I mean not any information or something. The commercial was shown on tv so millions of people already watched it. We only want the commercial...no exclusive information about him. [we already have all that information:mf_rosetinted:]

• 3 years later...

AAHHHH! I know this is an olld thread, but I got curious and emailed again, and it seems we may now know the title of the jingle! Maybe its False hope, but I'm really super excited right now! I'll quote from the email:

[Thank you for your enthusiastic comments about our sponsorship of the Orbit "Help Me" Jingle done by Mica Penniman.* It's always encouraging to receive a nice letter like yours.]

So, if that helps anyone, and you want to do some more sleuthing action, PLEASE DO! If we could find it, I think I might faint!:fangurl:

• 2 years later...
AAHHHH! I know this is an olld thread' date=' but I got curious and emailed again, and it seems we may now know the title of the jingle! Maybe its False hope, but I'm really super excited right now! I'll quote from the email:

[Thank you for your enthusiastic comments about our sponsorship of the Orbit "Help Me" Jingle done by Mica Penniman.* It's always encouraging to receive a nice letter like yours.']

So, if that helps anyone, and you want to do some more sleuthing action, PLEASE DO! If we could find it, I think I might faint!:fangurl:

Bump :teehee:

I'm awfully curious to hear it too ...:blush-anim-cl:

GOOD LUCK with that . . .

So..... upon my mika research, I have learned that he once when he was around age 13, wrote a chewing gum jingle for Orbit Chewing gum. All I can find is lyrics that he sang in an interveiw once "it cleans your teeth too, Orbit gum clap, clap!"

or something very similar.

I WOULD LOOOOOOOVVEEEE to hear it! Does anyone know where I can find it? Ive ggogled it, youtubed it...NOTHING.

So...if youve ever heard it, can you please help me out and let me know where to find it?

THANKS!

peace,love,music!

-sAmMy rAe ;D

Iirc mika sang a little snippet of the ad at some gig. I'm sure it's on yt somewhere, but i'll leave it to our walking mika-dictionaries to find it. :blush-anim-cl:

GOOD LUCK with that . . .

Thank you Mellody :huglove: , I didn't know he had sang a snipet of it :thumb_yello:

I'll ask in the "looking for something thread" :thumb_yello:

And yes, Alice, it's a bit like the needle in the hay, isn't it :teehee: