The Australian Thread: Part Sixteen

Rainbow Sky

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how was your birthay?:)

Mzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1,200 :das:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :wub2:

My Birthday was great, thanks!

I've been in a small, old-fashioned town today.. just escaping city life:naughty:

It's been a long day and I'm exhausted.

How are you my dear?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelzy!! Hello! How are you?

Well by the time he does end up getting down here he will probably have to. All of his fans will be well into their 50's or 60's by the year 2050. :naughty:

Good! How are you?

So, I read that Mr M and you have things in common huh? :das:

Have you made a list?

Mzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1,200 :das:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :wub2:

My Birthday was great, thanks!

I've been in a small, old-fashioned town today.. just escaping city life:naughty:

How are you my dear?

:wub2: x 1,200.

Thats so neat! I hate going to our old-fashioned town near us, there's only flea markets XD

Im crampy :eek:

1,200 x :licks_lips:

Flea markets are cool! Well, they are if there's good stuff there. :naughty:

This old town has old trains.. We missed the last ride of the day, (Luckily though because it would've cost $90 for all of us :eek: )

Instead, we managed to get a look inside some old trains. Much better. And free. *zhhz* I took heaps of pics.. Will AMF them tomorrow.

Aww, *hugs* Have you tried a heat bag or hot water bottle?

1,200 x :licks_lips:

Flea markets are cool! Well, they are if there's good stuff there. :naughty:

This old town has old trains.. We missed the last ride of the day, (Luckily though because it would've cost $90 for all of us :eek: )

Instead, we managed to get a look inside some old trains. Much better. And free. *zhhz* I took heaps of pics.. Will AMF them tomorrow.

Aww, *hugs* Have you tried a heat bag or hot water bottle?

That;s neat.

90!?!? wow.

No, im just natural-esque-ing it.

Not quite yet! If you hurry you might be able to grab a seat right down the back! Quick!

I certainly am!

*runs off*

*realises she doesn;t know where the tickets are for sale*

*runs back*

omg, me too! :naughty:

I think I'm going to change my avatar.

*looks for a picture that can't be wrongly interpreted*

:roftl: Damn right!

Pity. But you have tickets for touching Luke Pritchard! Cheer up!

:cheerful_h4h:

So he is doing seated venues now?

He did some in America at least.

Lol Wendi, Tanya totally deserved that..

Tanya deserved what? omg, I have to know!

Well by the time he does end up getting down here he will probably have to. All of his fans will be well into their 50's or 60's by the year 2050.

:lmfao:!!

I've been in a small, old-fashioned town today.. just escaping city life

How are you my dear?

Oooh, elaborate!

This old town has old trains.. We missed the last ride of the day, (Luckily though because it would've cost $90 for all of us )

Ooooh *looks forward to it then*

Only in my mind. I've yet to write it down.. :naughty:

I'll start you off :naughty:

1. You're both doing that film class.

2. You're in the same group.

3. You both have converses.

4. You both like Across the Universe.

5. You're both human beings.

6. You both have feet.

etc :naughty:

That;s neat.

90!?!? wow.

No, im just natural-esque-ing it.

You're brave!

Tanya deserved what? omg, I have to know!

*pbs*

Oooh, elaborate!

Ooooh *looks forward to it then*

I was in Maldon

Didn't get to do all I wanted, but will be going back at some point anyway.

Ok, I'll share a little here because 3 pics are particularly amusing and Aussie thread related.

IMGP0174.jpg

This was in Guildford. It's a big tree and we stopped at Big Tree Park.. *zhhz*

IMGP0194.jpg

IMGP0198.jpg

This chook always lays 122g - ish eggs apparently.. and they are double yoke.

I could feel a ridge around the centre where the poor love said "OH My Goose - this is hurtin'..."

IMGP0213.jpg

We didn't get a ride on the steam (coal) train, but we got to see some old ones like this.

IMGP0205.jpg

And we had permission to get inside and have a look. I sat in the drivers seat.

*points to oven shaped hole* Coals went in there..

And finally, *zhhz* On the way home:

IMGP0233.jpg

IMGP0232.jpg

This little fella was chewing at the fence.

Question:

Is this what Health care cards look like in NSW? And can they be used to get concession fares on public transport?

Mine looks like that. Good luck!!

Only in my mind. I've yet to write it down..

Hahah! write it down! I want to know.(you've already started, haven't you?)

*pbs*

I saw :naughty:

I was in Maldon

Awesome!

IMGP0194.jpg

:lmfao:!!!

This chook always lays 122g - ish eggs apparently.. and they are double yoke.

I could feel a ridge around the centre where the poor love said "OH My Goose - this is hurtin'..."

:lmfao:!!!

Mine looks like that. Good luck!!)

Cooliosis! It said they only take NSW/VIC/ACT concessions and such, bastards, but yay! It only says western australia in relatively small letters! :naughty:

I'll start you off

1. You're both doing that film class.

2. You're in the same group.

3. You both have converses.

4. You both like Across the Universe.

5. You're both human beings.

6. You both have feet.

etc

:roftl:

I am ok thanks Got two hours sleep last night,

so I am a bit sleepy - didn't even realise I had been signed out

Go have a nanna nap!!!

You might as well - All the aussies are leaving anyway.. :wink2:

Cooliosis! It said they only take NSW/VIC/ACT concessions and such, bastards, but yay! It only says western australia in relatively small letters! :naughty:

Oh Yay.. Rort the system!! :thumb_yello:

Of course not! I'm not that obsessive.

Maybe tomorrow. :naughty:

For now I'm off to bed. Goodnight everyone!

Goodnight! I will be here tomorrow, awaiting your list.

So quiet without HK here.. :sad:

Ok, well goonie dightey y'all from me. :bye:

And Moroning Silverfish!!

My dad gave me pasta with meat in it! I am so glad I play with my food before I eat it!

"That is a really retarded looking vegetable *pokes* THAT IS NO VEGETABLE!"

Sometimes they just don't think! Like when my brother did a button mushroom dish for me at Christmas and thoughtfully (:doh:) added bacon

Don't say things like that Silver!

Well as a blue-haired old granny it's something I have to consider :roftl:

4-5 days? How will she survive!

How will she survive? I won't have anyone to wish me good morning :tears:

And finally, *zhhz* On the way home:

IMGP0232.jpg

:pbjt::wub2:

Oh! I forgot to say that my assistant at work is almost certainly emigrating to Australia - her husband has been accepted - and they will be moving to Brisbane. She's told me the name of the area he will be working in, but in typical Oldling fashion I have forgotten it.

So I will be asking about which areas it's best for them to look for a house in, if there is someone who knows Brisbane well.:wink2:

Are you in a particularly biatchy, stirring mood tonight ??

When am I not a bitch? :naughty:

Good questions...I went with the obvious....I asked him if we were likely to get a tour in the next 12 months!

....or powderfinger

I think three out of four is correct

I think we're all going to go with the obvious...

Oh yeah... Powderfinger!

Technically yes... but he doesn't know that...

So -- do you want me to ask Mika when he's going to tour Australia (as I haven't asked him anything yet)?

Go for it!

Oh, I plan to see the manager. And I will take all four tops back. I actually mentioned when there were two staff members there that I should have just brought all four back and then got them to put them through again the right way, but then it was like "But the sale is over" which I'm presuming is something to do with the way the computer is set up during the sale to automatically generate the discount on the second item and is a hassle (if not impossible) to do manually afterwards. In fact, I've never seen a docket like this. If you buy chips at the supermarket for instance with a deal on, it just puts the two through at regular price and then puts the discount immediately after the second item ie:

Chips $2.99

Chips $2.99

Deal -$1.98

If I bought six packets of chips and decided to return two, they wouldn't be telling me I broke two deals!

Can't see it. You'll have to describe it to me... or did you use that jetstar pic that you put up?

Franklins does it in a really spazzy way... we sometimes have a 5 for $4 thing, and you scan it all, and the price doesn't come off till after you hit subtotal... and it doesn't show up till the end of e docket so people think they've been charged full price...

But I still don't see why they would be so spastic... the thing is, they should be able to markdown the prices to put it through properly. If they say they can't I'd return it... it my mind, they're being overly difficult.

Nah, that's the States. Here it's 19.

Nawww, s'ok. I'd hate them too...us teenagers are annoying on principle :P

Ohhhh... that seems a weird age to do it...

I found the teenagers and little kids less annoying than the so called "adults" at the Vanessa Amorosi concert... they were pushing past the little kids to get in front (even though they could easily see over the kids... we're talking 6 year olds!)...

Yeah, the other one got better but she has been slowly deteriorating even though she's been getting plenty of the salt-block-thing

I hope so too. Maybe it'll be easier for her without the extra weight of all the wool too :smth:

Okay, when you mentioned your lamb, I heard mine bleat...

Hello Aussie types

Happikali has just buzzed me all the way from your lovely land .. awwwww

Anyways I was the only number she had, but she wanted me to say her server went down and she will be offline for 4-5 days

Crap!

I though she had mine... oh well...

Ohh Im fine thankyou , havent been around much .. I had an insane bout of cold , work was mad and also my Mam feel ill .... we feared the worst as she was having headaches and all the nasty stuff associated with something bad , anyways its vertigo .

Vertigo .. when you lie down , the room spins and you feel like your going into a black tunnel .. i thought she was drunk at first, but noo it got so much worse eekkkkkkk

Anyways all good now , back to the MFC to torment and pester (as if)

Loving the Queen thread btw

Whenever someone mentions vertigo (as in the illness), I think of Vertigo (as in the song)...

And you remind me of that song...

You peeps need to get information to her in case something major Mika happens

Ummmm... do you know of something major happening that we don't know?

And-

OMFG, Tegan, Bianca, Tanya you are going to see the fricking Kooks!!!!

48134_2.jpg

*is excited*

Bild1.jpg

:lmfao:

Pity. But you have tickets for touching Luke Pritchard! Cheer up!

Ooooooh... yummy!

We're so gonna touch him when we're at the concert...

Question:

18061_HealthcareWeb.jpg

Is this what Health care cards look like in NSW? And can they be used to get concession fares on public transport?

Yes... and yes...

Cooliosis! It said they only take NSW/VIC/ACT concessions and such, bastards, but yay! It only says western australia in relatively small letters!

They only check it if they check your tickets on the train... and they only check them if you buy it from an actual person, not a machine :fisch:...

Night everyone <meant to chat but got distracted>

Poor Happi , can you get two yogurt cartoons and some string to help her communicate

That's a damn long bit of string!

CD is about the closest... then maybe the Syd peops and me...

Oh! I forgot to say that my assistant at work is almost certainly emigrating to Australia - her husband has been accepted - and they will be moving to Brisbane. She's told me the name of the area he will be working in, but in typical Oldling fashion I have forgotten it.

So I will be asking about which areas it's best for them to look for a house in, if there is someone who knows Brisbane well.

Probably Jolene or CD...

They both used to live in Brissie (I think)... no-one else lives there... wait! Aaurora does!

I learnt on the news this morning that Rob Guest died overnight of a stroke...

Rob_Guest.jpg

Sometimes they just don't think! Like when my brother did a button mushroom dish for me at Christmas and thoughtfully added bacon

:lol3: Last Christmas even the salad had meat in it :naughty: Who even does that?

How will she survive? I won't have anyone to wish me good morning

Well yes, when I said she, I was talking about you of course!

So I will be asking about which areas it's best for them to look for a house in, if there is someone who knows Brisbane well.

Ju Ju Lea, Aaurora and Senyorita are from QLD :wink2:

Franklins does it in a really spazzy way... we sometimes have a 5 for $4 thing, and you scan it all, and the price doesn't come off till after you hit subtotal... and it doesn't show up till the end of e docket so people think they've been charged full price...

:roftl: And how many times have you had to explain this process to irrate customers?

Ohhhh... that seems a weird age to do it...

It does, doesn't it? :blink: Hmm, unless they graduate highschool when they are 18? I think 21 is a ridiculous one, but 18 makes sense for us so people can be independant when they've finished highschool. Sort of.

Okay, when you mentioned your lamb, I heard mine bleat...

Awwwwwwwwwwww! And where's my cast picture, missy? :sneaky2:

We're so gonna touch him when we're at the concert...

Yup yup yup!

Yes... and yes...

They only check it if they check your tickets on the train... and they only check them if you buy it from an actual person, not a machine

BRILLIANT! :biggrin2:

*makes mental not to use machine*

They're really ****ty about it here, but someone would have to be extremely picky to whine about it saying WA instead of NSW when it's identical everywhere else :smth:

I learnt on the news this morning that Rob Guest died overnight of a stroke...

Who's that?

I had trouble sleeping last night resulting in my waking at 1pm... woops.

Lucky today is a do nothing day.

So now I'm going to get breakfast/lunch (subway methinks) and then sit down in front of the laptop for more sailor moon

I had trouble sleeping last night resulting in my waking at 1pm... woops.

Lucky today is a do nothing day.

So now I'm going to get breakfast/lunch (subway methinks) and then sit down in front of the laptop for more sailor moon

Haha! I got up at 10am on a nothing day :shocked: It's impossible to sleep in in this house :thumbdown: Everyone gets up too early and makes too much noise :tears:

I forgive you, I didn't notice you'd replied either.

Omg, I just noticed my fingers are half purple from when I was too lazy to get a fork to fish out the last slices of beetroot :shocked: I did that like 2 hours ago, how did it take me this long to notice?

Haha, okay, if I can get the right stuff for it I'll have to buy a full pack of beads/etc anyway :naughty: I don't know if it'll work out though :smth:

It's from www.shanalogic.com I so love everyhting on that site :mf_lustslow:

*OMPS'es on that site*

Yeah, the other one got better but she has been slowly deteriorating even though she's been getting plenty of the salt-block-thing :thumbdown:

I hope so too. Maybe it'll be easier for her without the extra weight of all the wool too :smth:

Awwwww :tears: I really hope she's OK!

Herro everyone...I can't stop sneezing...:thumbdown: