• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So -5 degrees Celsius. That's cold :naughty:

You would normally have snow at this time of year, wouldn't you?

Yeah!

Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't. We did last year, but it doesn't look like we're getting any this year. :( I've only lived here two years, but it sounds pretty fluctent.

It's been 20 years since it snowed in Lisbon, we only have snow in the north...

I miss snowing...

Here we have snow each year. Right now it's not snowing but it's horribly cold. :sneaky2: It's -14 but with the wind, it's -25 Celsius. For those who wonder, it's -13 in Fahrenheit. It's not really hot. :mf_rosetinted: But the sun is strong and the sky is blue. Snow started to melt last week and this water is now ice everywhere.

582294_10200190447474910_1808585430_n.jpg

Here a picture of my horse in early january. There was 20 or 25 cm of snow...

Edited by Alie

Here we have snow each year. Right now it's not snowing but it's horribly cold. :sneaky2: It's -14 but with the wind, it's -25 Celsius. For those who wonder, it's -13 in Fahrenheit. It's not really hot. :mf_rosetinted: But the sun is strong and the sky is blue. Snow started to melt last week and this water is now ice everywhere.

582294_10200190447474910_1808585430_n.jpg

Here a picture of my horse in early january. There was 20 or 25 cm of snow...

Beautiful horse, beautiful landscape...:thumb_yello:

Your horse doesn't seem to mind the snow :naughty:

But it does sound horribly cold where you are phil_39.gif

And i complain it's cold here....It's 13C and i'm freezing...

Your horse doesn't seem to mind the snow :naughty:

But it does sound horribly cold where you are phil_39.gif

Yes, I'm not going outside today.

Beautiful horse, beautiful landscape...:thumb_yello:

Thank you wonka :wub2:

[YOUTUBE]BNYvVG5tobs[/YOUTUBE]

Here a video of my horse in the snow, it's the day of my first pic. :wink2: It's a lot of snow, I couldn't follow her with my little legs. :aah:

Edited by Alie

Here a video of my horse in the snow, it's the day of my first pic. :wink2: It's a lot of snow, I couldn't follow her with my little legs. :aah:

My daughter is a horse addict so i showed her your vid and she'shere aaaawwwwwwing at it....:naughty:

And i complain it's cold here....It's 13C and i'm freezing...

Can't you just put more clothes on and turn up the heat? :naughty:

There comes a point when it gets so cold that it's difficult to wear enough gear and carry on with every day activities. But 13°C is nowhere near that. Just put on a jacket. :teehee:

Can't you just put more clothes on and turn up the heat? :naughty:

There comes a point when it gets so cold that it's difficult to wear enough gear and carry on with every day activities. But 13°C is nowhere near that. Just put on a jacket. :teehee:

But i spend the day in and out, that's mostly when i get out of the house that is cold...

And in my house we only have air conditioning in the upper floors, in the flat floor we just have the fireplace which is not enoughf or the whole room which is quite big...

We considered installing the air conditioning here too but the companies we contacted asked for more than €4000 to a proper equipment as the room is so big...:sneaky2:

And as we spent €8000 in the upper floor airconditioning 2 years ago when we moved and business has been lousy for the past 7 years its not easy to let go another €4000 so soon...

Besides, our houses are not THAT prepared for cold as yours...

I think she's wondering where the grass went :naughty:

Besides, our houses are not THAT prepared for cold as yours...

But we have to lay out all that money up front to get a well built house. I would have expected that Europeans would have modernized their houses decades ago. I mean if you've got indoor plumbing how can you not have heat? :aah:

I had the same problem in South Africa. The houses are just boxes with gaps between the doors big enough for a rat to come inside. But it's Africa. :naughty:

But we have to lay out all that money up front to get a well built house. I would have expected that Europeans would have modernized their houses decades ago. I mean if you've got indoor plumbing how can you not have heat? :aah:

I had the same problem in South Africa. The houses are just boxes with gaps between the doors big enough for a rat to come inside. But it's Africa. :naughty:

For instance my house is 40 years old...

We spent hundreds of € modernising it and making it confortable...

We had to change the windows glass for the wind would pass through the gaps...

Break walls to get bigger rooms...

Improve plumbing which was rotten...

Problem is construction here is made considering heat not cold, sowe have thinner walls,wide spaces,varandas,etc...to keep houses cool in summer but total igloos in winter time, even modern houses are built that way...

Problem is construction here is made considering heat not cold, sowe have thinner walls,wide spaces,varandas,etc...to keep houses cool in summer but total igloos in winter time, even modern houses are built that way...

But a well built and insulated house will protect from the heat as well as the cold. For me having a comfortable temperature in my house is second to nothing except having enough food to eat. But I guess I am very sensitive and also spoiled. :naughty:

But a well built and insulated house will protect from the heat as well as the cold. For me having a comfortable temperature in my house is second to nothing except having enough food to eat. But I guess I am very sensitive and also spoiled. :naughty:

Not everyone has a confortable temperatureintheir houses around here,aseveryone as the same problem which is house construction...

I understand it might be hard for u to believe but that's the way it is around here and if u ask any middle class portuguese or spanish person they will tell u the same...

As for the rich people who can afford airconditiong in the whole house and matching electricity bills....Katchinga!!!!:naughty:

I believe they build for the cold in Scandinavian countries with triple glazing and vast amounts of insulation. My house is 80 years old and no amount of improvement really solves the problem. :sneaky2: