Go to MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 4)

Fmbm

Dilek: I hope that you're not making fun of my long posts :roftl: but just in case, I have edited it to correct a mistake that I spotted. Just for you, and for the sake of your linguistic education :bleh:.

SS: Agreed. And I also think that this is like the reflection of his control freak side, which comes across in everything. I get the impression that Mika does not like to (or can!) delegate things, and needs to keep up to speed with everything.

This is a sign of a perfectionist, but the time at which one needs to take a step back and let go a bit always comes, and I think that he has already reached that stage.

Now he needs to work on building a team which he can manage, or "direct" in a way, but not needing to have his hand in there dealing with all the little details. I guess that if he succeeds at doing this, he will be able to have a more polished and professional network, which I feel right now is lacking.

Things that we have said many times, that he's not taking full advantage or right now or using to their potential, like managing his online sites better (or just managing them, as myspace and MFC remain largely untouched territories for what I can see:roftl:), managing fan related issues at gigs, managing competitions, promotions, etc, etc....

Oh, and one last thing: I think it's high time he dropped the bullfighter outfits!! Go Mika, go with the times. We love you anyway, you can dress down and still impress us.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It will be interesting to see in the PDP DVD how involved in the details he was.

On the one hand, it would be too much and too consuming, but on the other hand, it sets him so far apart from all the rest to have such personally designed things.

Yes, it is true, it does set him apart from many others who don't give a flying hoot of what is around them.

Maybe I am a bit upset about it because I feel that, the more "showy" his shows are, the less he focuses on the music.

PDP was an amazing experience, but to be very honest, the only reason for this was because I knew what it meant TO HIM. Not because I, as a spectator, got a great show.

As a spectator, as a fan, and having been to around 15 Mika gigs (I forget the real number, it's in my sig anyway :roftl:) that one was actually one of the poorest ones in the musical sense. He was running around, trying to be everywhere at the same time, and quite frankly, I'd rather see him than the clowns, or trapeze artists, or singers, or dancers, or bla bla bla.

He seemed like a headless chicken, not even really enjoying it.

I've said it so many times: Mika to me is best when simple, pure. Not all this flashiness. When it's just him on the stage, and he shines like the star that he is.

All the other stuff just detracts from his light and, to a degree, cheapens his performance, by making it one of the things that are going on on stage, and not THE one.

I saw Neil Diamond in June, in a massive venue, and do you know what? He shone. Just him, his guitar, and his band on stage. No flashiness, nothing. Just him and a couple of hours of solid good music.

Mika's ideal show would just be this for me. More singing, more piano playing, which is what I adore him doing, more audience interaction, natural chatting, and less "flash" and "show" and glitz and glamour.

But of course he may have totally different ideas :roftl: as this is just my little opinion.

Oh, and one last thing: I think it's high time he dropped the bullfighter outfits!! Go Mika, go with the times. We love you anyway, you can dress down and still impress us.

I think I'd remember if I'd seen him in a red cape and corset!- I'm sorry, Sariflor, I haven't the faintest idea what you mean!

Too formal? I kind of like seeing him in different clothes on stage, at dos and informal. (Would really like to see a DJ!) But I wouldn't miss the shiny jackets (pink, olive, gold, black- they remind me of Cliff Richard, which is surely NOT what he's aiming for.) Actually the gold one was OK

Dilek: I hope that you're not making fun of my long posts :roftl: but just in case, I have edited it to correct a mistake that I spotted. Just for you, and for the sake of your linguistic education :bleh:.

did you? :floor:

aww thanks :wub2:

nooo i'm not making fun of your posts, ok maybe a little but it helps reading long posts really:naughty:

and i prefer yours because they are always fun,never boring:thumb_yello:

bullfighter outfit??? which one is that? i have been asleep???

Well, you know, the little cropped jackets with the shiny stuff, combined witht he tight pants with the glittery/shiny stripe on the side :roftl:. It just doesn't do it for me :naughty:.

I was showing my sister in law some of my videos, of one of the gigs I had just been to, and she said "he's very good looking, and great on stage; Shame about the (torero) bull fighter outfit" :roftl:.

I had to laugh, as when I looked again I thought SHE IS SO RIGHT!! It does look like a bullfighter outfit.

So yes, Mika, please. Just wear nice, normal pants. We know that you're special and fantastic, we don't need the clothes.

Seriously, I'm sure that if he knew how he's far more appealing by dressing more normally, like I am sure he does on a day to day basis, he'd ditch all those pants in a second.

did you? :floor:

aww thanks :wub2:

nooo i'm not making fun of your posts, ok maybe a little but it helps reading long posts really:naughty:

and i prefer yours because they are always fun,never boring:thumb_yello:

I did; I had written "it's" when it should be "its" :blush-anim-cl:. Sometimes, if I'm writing fast and not really checking things as I change them (which I often do), those little mistakes can slip, and I HATE making mistakes :naughty:.

Anyway, thanks so much for the compliment :wub2:.

Yours are also very funny, I especially love the banging on the head smiley that you were always using everywhere. Why have you stopped doing that?

Yes, it is true, it does set him apart from many others who don't give a flying hoot of what is around them...

He was running around, trying to be everywhere at the same time, and quite frankly, I'd rather see him than the clowns, or trapeze artists, or singers, or dancers, or bla bla bla.

I've said it so many times: Mika to me is best when simple, pure. Not all this flashiness. When it's just him on the stage, and he shines like the star that he is.

I did think the stage was too big, not so much because of Mika, but the band were so far apart they didn't really come accross as a band. But I don't think Mika is a particularly simple person- I think he's kind of "more is more" and loved all the stuff going on. A fairly early review complained that you could hardly see Mika for confetti during his finale, and I find that endearing.

Besides, I like shows to be shows, if I'm concentrating on music I find concerts much to noisy. I think it's a bit of a cheek when you go to a concert and the artist looks like they just rolled out of bed and stands there is if they're saying "well you wanted to see me live, and you can see me, so what more is there..."

Mika's ideal show would just be this for me. More singing, more piano playing, which is what I adore him doing, more audience interaction, natural chatting, and less "flash" and "show" and glitz and glamour.

Well I'd like that too. I particularly like the piano playing. But I'm not sure he's enough of a people person to do natural chatting on stage. And it's an illusion anyway. I'd like to think he and I are both too honest to go for it, but I'd lap it up!

Well, you know, the little cropped jackets with the shiny stuff, combined witht he tight pants with the glittery/shiny stripe on the side :roftl:. It just doesn't do it for me :naughty:.

I was showing my sister in law some of my videos, of one of the gigs I had just been to, and she said "he's very good looking, and great on stage; Shame about the (torero) bull fighter outfit" :roftl:.

I had to laugh, as when I looked again I thought SHE IS SO RIGHT!! It does look like a bullfighter outfit.

So yes, Mika, please. Just wear nice, normal pants. We know that you're special and fantastic, we don't need the clothes.

Seriously, I'm sure that if he knew how he's far more appealing by dressing more normally, like I am sure he does on a day to day basis, he'd ditch all those pants in a second.

Do you mean the one he wore at the Olympia in Paris?:blink:

I think I'd remember if I'd seen him in a red cape and corset!- I'm sorry, Sariflor, I haven't the faintest idea what you mean!

Too formal? I kind of like seeing him in different clothes on stage, at dos and informal. (Would really like to see a DJ!) But I wouldn't miss the shiny jackets (pink, olive, gold, black- they remind me of Cliff Richard, which is surely NOT what he's aiming for.) Actually the gold one was OK

I love this comparison! :lmfao: Not sure he would. :mf_rosetinted:

ninja turtle to the rescue! :ninja:

omg Dilek! That was ace!!!

:floor:

sorry but I've to say, every outfit he put on in France has been shamelessly outstanding! {not really in the good meaning of it} :meow:

Not every outfit...

:lol3:

I love that outfit :wub2:

And I love how it looks like he's in the middle of some intricate dance routine

Oh yeah, his face also looks very..concentrated?:lol3:

sariflor i'm improving my english with just reading your posts:insane:

i hope you're not making any mistakes :sneaky2:

:roftl:

I love how you're struggling, but it's a bit fun too, isn't it?:naughty:

PM me and I'll write you a list of people you can follow around the MFC to learn proper and useful English.:naughty:

After more than a year in this place my knowledge of contemporary English has increased so much.

The trick is to read the posts of people who has things to say and are saying it in a way that others can understand, not too much internet slang, not too pompous and difficult but still in a good and proper language, and, very important, willing to explain when you ask them if there’s anything which is hard to understand.:thumb_yello:

And Sariflor is absolutely one of them!:wub2: