Go to MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 4)

Fmbm

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Somehow, I always assumed that those drawings were made by Yasmine, or by the Airside people :boxed:. I guess that we just don't know how much he did and how much the others did...

I had the idea that he did very basic stuff and then Yasmine "finished" it.But of course I could be totally wrong :roftl:.

He did say that he drew stuff when he was writing/recording, but it was n't made clear whether he finished them himself of if Yasmine did.

I think that Sophie did, but it is confusing. He should make it clearer, explain a little, I think...

i think it was explained perfectly clearly.. im not confused in the slighteset. it goes like this:

he draws, sophie draws, he draws, sophie draws etc and thats the order they're posted in.

THATS why it says MIKAS TURN.

SOPHIES TURN.

etc

....understand?

Somehow, I always assumed that those drawings were made by Yasmine, or by the Airside people :boxed:. I guess that we just don't know how much he did and how much the others did...

I had the idea that he did very basic stuff and then Yasmine "finished" it.But of course I could be totally wrong :roftl:.

I loved going to see the exhibition though, I just wish that it would have been larger!!!

The only thing I've actually seen him draw was a little bunny in a Japanese interview.:thumb_yello:

And in the exhibition you couldn’t tell which one of them who had made the drawings.

i think it was explained perfectly clearly.. im not confused in the slighteset. it goes like this:

he draws, sophie draws, he draws, sophie draws etc and thats the order they're posted in.

SOPHIES TURN.

etc

....understand?

:boxed:Are you taking the piss? :sneaky2:

i love sophie draw, especially because of the dress, y'all can say that i'm wanting too much and this may be true :naughty:, but I was expecting a blog with words you know? more than just a draw posted ... :blush-anim-cl:

where are the answers Mika? where? :confused:

He's being enigmatic, heh heh!!!

SOPHIES TURN.

etc

....understand?

It doesn't say "Mika's turn" on his.

That's cause it wasn't a turn. It wasn't even a drawing. It was Mika not-so-subtley not wanting to start. :rolls_eyes:

But I think Sophie's drawing might just be my favourite drawing...ever....it has so much personality and expression and life AND she managed to put the note into it...how genius is that?

:wub2:

Oh no, that was all you. I was trying to give him credit. :roftl:

Oh, okay. It was all Mika. Mika is Sophie actually. That's why the second album is taking a lifetime, he has additional responsibilities. :bleh:

He did say that he drew stuff when he was writing/recording, but it was n't made clear whether he finished them himself of if Yasmine did.

And in his spare time he is also piloting a lot.

That's cause it wasn't a turn. It wasn't even a drawing. It was Mika not-so-subtley not wanting to start. :rolls_eyes:

Spot on!

But I think Sophie's drawing might just be my favourite drawing...ever....it has so much personality and expression and life AND she managed to put the note into it...how genius is that?

:wub2:

I love it too.

I wish I could draw like that !

Me too!

The way I understood his "art" interview, I took it that Mika was the driving force behind the art- that is, the creative ideas and the "first draft" so to speak (I don't know art terms) but didn't finish stuff or fiddle round with the detail. I might have another listen over the weekend

I loved going to see the exhibition though, I just wish that it would have been larger!!!

I wish I'd seen it too-hope there's another- loved the pic that (I think) Babs posted

Mind, though I'm enjoying all the art I'm seeing here or being pointed too, unlike Sariflor I wouldn't mind if it wasn't all so cute and nice. I've been buying those Amelia's magasines (which has reacted by ceasing publication) and am fascinated, but am beginning to fear a sugar overdose.

i love sophie draw, especially because of the dress, y'all can say that i'm wanting too much and this may be true :naughty:, but I was expecting a blog with words you know? more than just a draw posted ... :blush-anim-cl:

Where are the answers Mika? where? :confused:

Well I wasn't expecting... but Mika better not think all these drawings let him off the hook when it comes to writing an actual blog

he didn't approve my comment again!:thumbdown:

and i'm sure there wasn't any bad word in it:sneaky2:

He didn't approve mine either...and my comment was full of words of support :glasses3: but I know he approves comments for about every two-three days,so our comments will be approved....one day...

And in his spare time he is also piloting a lot.

and driving around the city :mf_rosetinted:

how many are the chances that I open this thread and I start hearing Relax in the radio?? :blink:

Exactly. Which is part of what I was saying...but apparently everything is crystal clear and perfectly well explained by Da Kind and Fine Mastah :bleh:

The way I understood his "art" interview, I took it that Mika was the driving force behind the art- that is, the creative ideas and the "first draft" so to speak (I don't know art terms) but didn't finish stuff or fiddle round with the detail. I might have another listen over the weekend

That's how I have always understood it as well. I thought that he had the idea, and maybe did a very rough approximated sketch, and from then DW took it up...

Mind, though I'm enjoying all the art I'm seeing here or being pointed too, unlike Sariflor I wouldn't mind if it wasn't all so cute and nice. I've been buying those Amelia's magasines (which has reacted by ceasing publication) and am fascinated, but am beginning to fear a sugar overdose.

I don't know where you got it that I only want it all cute and nice :wink2::roftl:. In fact, I wish that he'd stop using imagery that is always so child like and so "fantastic"; I'd love something a bit more dramatic...and yes, less sugar.

He's grown up now and I reckon he should start slowly changing his image and what he projects in his artwork as well.

An example is the PDP DVD- I don't particularly like the artwork that we've seen for it. The circus theme just doesn't do it for me, and I am a bit tired of all the "plastic fantastic" image that he's showing us.....LICM was unique, but I feel that it's time to move on and make slightly more sophisticated stuff.

Maybe still very colourful, but more in a geometrical, psychodelich way, if that makes any sense.

Sorry Sariflor, I didnt' mean to accuse you of liking everything cute and nice- I guess that just applies to what you want Mika to draw in this public project, which (so far as I can tell) is already set in a sweet feminine direction. I do really wonder about Mika's artwork. Like you, I'd really like to see something quite different- if he's capable of it. I must admit I originally understood his work with DW more as "draw what I tell you" though I guess it can be taken two ways. And let's face it, I might just have not been listening properly. I've certainly noticed that MFC basically credits Yasmine with all the artwork and people who've been to the exhibition will be a lot better informed than I am.

Sorry Sariflor, I didnt' mean to accuse you of liking everything cute and nice- I guess that just applies to what you want Mika to draw in this public project, which (so far as I can tell) is already set in a sweet feminine direction. I do really wonder about Mika's artwork. Like you, I'd really like to see something quite different- if he's capable of it. I must admit I originally understood his work with DW more as "draw what I tell you" though I guess it can be taken two ways. And let's face it, I might just have not been listening properly. I've certainly noticed that MFC basically credits Yasmine with all the artwork and people who've been to the exhibition will be a lot better informed than I am.

No, I do like many things cute and nice, and I love pink and cutey, fluffy silly things. But when it comes to the artwork to go with Mika's (or anyone's) music, what I would like to see is different.

Well, the thing is, even if one had been to the exhibition, it never said anything anywhere (not that I saw anyway) about who was responsible for what.

Things were just presented there, for people to draw their own conclusions. There were many sketches that were very simple, followed by the progression of that particular work until its finished state....But the questions still remain as to what was done by who. In my mind, anyway :roftl:.

Also, I have the same impression as you: that Mika basically gets Yasmine to draw what he is thinking of. A bit like the stage design at PDP: he told the designer (I forget her name) what he wanted and she made it...

The problem is that all this is speculation, as we haven't really been told these details.

Personally, I don't think that Mika himself would be able to do artwork as in drawing it, but of course this is just my impression and I can't really back it up with a fact. Not that it matters of course, as one can not be great in every artistic sense, and he already has the musical side covered :naughty:. Maybe this is why I kind of wish that he wouldn't want to have such a heavy hand in the artwork, because it kind of hinders the artwork, if you know what I mean?!

Yes, I think I know what you mean. I've thought much the same in relation to the set design, costumes, website and sometimes even with the musicians in his band. But I've NO evidence for this at all- it's just his perceived tone of voice, that he's not giving other artists room to do their best.

It's probably quite a good thing on a first album, but (if we're not just totally mistaken) might do with being grown out of as he becomes more confident.