The LIVE RuRu report/Mini MFC Meet UP Thread

foalbaby14

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I AM BACK!!!! and holly is on her way home now.

as my pictures are uploading.....

WE WENT BACKSTAGE

KISSSED HIM!!!!!

he was giving everyone european kisses....one on each cheek and holly didn't know he was doing that, and she KISSED HIM ON THE LIPS!@!!!!!! HE SAID "OH, WE JUST HAD A BIG KISS" :shocked::mf_lustslow:

HE READ HOLLY'S POEM, AND WHEN HE SAW HER "RUFUS WILL NEVER LOVE ME" SHIRT, HE SAID "OH, I DO!" AND SIGNED IT.

I GOT HIM TO SIGN THE CD COVER

WE GOT A GROUP PHOTO WITH HIM

WE WAITED OUTSIDE FOR HIM, AND WE GOT MORE PICS WITH HIM!!!!

I GOT 2 OF HIS BOTTLED WATER....WHICH HE DRANK FROM.

those are the biggies.

we went to the champagne reception, holly only had one glass and she was a bit tipsy, i had 2 to catch up.

holly cried through half of the show.

because we took pictures of his setlist before he came out, the lady that brought it out brought out a trick one because he did about 3 songs that weren't on there.

..... i think that's the major stuff that i should have posted right away....pictures coming soon!!!

holly and rufus:

100_0358.jpg

me and rufus:

100_0359.jpg

i also forgot a few things he said:

holly had him sign her "rufus will never love me" shirt, and he said "but i do!"

and when they kissed, he said something like "oh! you got a big kiss"

HE, he that's how sweet he is - I told Holly he would say that when spootted the shirt!!!!!!!!!!!! And kisses -wow - that's really more than usual!!!!:thumb_yello:

Before I read ANYTHING on this thread .... or do anything this morning I just want to say:

After finding Mika... my life was changed forever TRULY. Mika is a HUGE part of my life, and BECAUSE of him I found Alex and the MFC *my family* ♥ and Rufus Wainwright ♥

But after LAST NIGHT my life is changed forever in a whole new way! I am not the same person I was Friday when I left here on my RuVenture. When I woke up this morning I just feel 'different' ---- YES, I am still riding the RuClouds but - this is different.... this is FOREVER not for a moment.

It is HARD to imagine how something as simple as MUSIC can touch you in a way that is literally LIFE ALTERING ... but, it can - and it does .. as we ALL here know that in some form {SOME more then others, obviously} It is HARD to LOVE someone SO MUCH, yet so easy at the same time. The pain is different this time .... THIS TIME it dosen't HURT..... it just burns like a fire that I hope never gets put out.

WITH THAT SAID --

I am going to post the poem that I wrote for Rufus, as I promised I would.

He told me last night that he DID read it. And he said that it was beautiful and he loved it, and then he said 'thank you' -- and I can't remember if that was BEFORE or AFTER he KISSED me on the lips! *dies* ---- where is my little brown bag when I need it! :naughty:

Before I read ANYTHING on this thread .... or do anything this morning I just want to say:

After finding Mika... my life was changed forever TRULY. Mika is a HUGE part of my life, and BECAUSE of him I found Alex and the MFC *my family* ♥ and Rufus Wainwright ♥

But after LAST NIGHT my life is changed forever in a whole new way! I am not the same person I was Friday when I left here on my RuVenture. When I woke up this morning I just feel 'different' ---- YES, I am still riding the RuClouds but - this is different.... this is FOREVER not for a moment.

It is HARD to imagine how something as simple as MUSIC can touch you in a way that is literally LIFE ALTERING ... but, it can - and it does .. as we ALL here know that in some form {SOME more then others, obviously} It is HARD to LOVE someone SO MUCH, yet so easy at the same time. The pain is different this time .... THIS TIME it dosen't HURT..... it just burns like a fire that I hope never gets put out.

WITH THAT SAID --

He told me last night that he DID read it. And he said that it was beautiful and he loved it, and then he said 'thank you' -- and I can't remember if that was BEFORE or AFTER he KISSED me on the lips! *dies* ---- where is my little brown bag when I need it! :naughty:

O

M

F

G

!

He did whaaaaaat? :shocked:

OMGOMGOMG!

:jawdrop:

As for the rest...Music is such a powerful thing! Never underestimate its power to change lives! :wub2:

The poen I wrote for Rufus *that he loved* {NO, I will never stop saying that} :naughty:

Wandering aimlessly like a ship without a sail. Holding my head scarcely above water with seemingly no avail. Blue skies fade to darkness - not a single rainbow in sight... rough waters await me as I firmly close my eyes. When out of the darkness there comes a sound so bright. It was the sound of the song, that became my light.

His words are with me, even on the darkest of nights. Comfort and calming - still much like suicide. When he sings, oh how my heart does melt. When he opens his mouth to speak - I can feel my soul burning like hell. He tortures me with his talent, then murders me with his sight. So beautiful is the angel who sings to me the music of the night.

Music be with me, like the drug of my choice. Fallen hook, line and sinker from merely the sound of his voice. He moves me in a way which could never be described. The desire of every woman - blind to his gay pride. How could one blame me, when it was his music that brought me to life.

Powerless to his perfection. Even his flaws are seemingly as such. My O N L Y wish within this life is to let him know how 'profoundly' my life - he has touched.

............. and at the bottom I wrote:

Thank you for the music that lit a fire within my soul. Thank you for the passion and may your conviction never grow cold. Thank you from the depths of my heart, which is far too heavy to hold. One last thing in closing - which could have been written all it's own.... thank you for being RUFUS, and writing the greatest songs the world has ever known. ♥

Your poem is beautiful - and the emotion pours out of you

in each post you make. I am just so happy for you :wub2:

Thank you SO much Wendy! I feel so weird today! I think I am happier then I have ever been in ALL my life. And I don't think this feeling is going away anytime soon. All I have to do is look at my picture and I can 'feel' him all over again. I think perhaps I really did die for a moment and visit heaven. ♥

WITH THAT SAID --

Wow, Holly! I'm thrilled that you had this opportunity to meet Rufus and

share your poetry with him... and I'm so glad he acknowledged it and

appreciated it. Thanks for sharing with us. :)

dcdeb

Wow, Holly! I'm thrilled that you had this opportunity to meet Rufus and

share your poetry with him... and I'm so glad he acknowledged it and

appreciated it. Thanks for sharing with us. :)

dcdeb

It was an amazing experience and the most blissful whirlwind of a weekend. Very little sleep the past 3 days - yet I feel completely 'alive' and rejuvinated. It is amazing what adreneline can do for you! :naughty:

We were SO lucky! So many things happened that just lets us know that the stars were with us the whole weekend! I am starting to beleive that wishes really do come true! *Maybe it was a magical penny that was tossed in the fountain* ♥

Friday- November 7, 2008

I got up at 5:00 AM -- got the kids off, and went to pack and get ready for the RuVenture of my life. I was VERY excited and nervous all at the same time. I was ready to embark on this journey, still I had NO IDEA of what all was in store for me - or JUST how magical this weekend would truly be.

I had a nice drive to Fort Lauderdale to pick up Alex. Listened to Rufus all the way, as I daydreamed of what the weekend might be like. As soon as she got into the car it was pure madness. We hyped each other up even more, then we thought we could ever be hyped.

The drive to Melbourne was nice.... didn't seem all THAT long. Suppose it was the nerves.

I swear to you, if these two idiots can travel anyone can find their way around. If we got lost once we got lost a million times! AS SOON as we got to Melbourne it started. We couldn't find the Hotel -- so as we were driving we just decided to go and scope out the King's Center. We walked around - found the stage exit and found some posters of Rufus to take pics of.

We then continued driving - and decided to go down to the beach. The beach was absolutely BEAUTIFUL .... Alex wrote RUFUS in the sand and we took some pics and left. Since we were at the beach we wanted to go to the Crowne Plaza to see if we could find the sign for the Rufus fans. We did as soon as we entered and took some pics and left. At that time we did not KNOW that RUFUS himself was staying at the Crowne Plaza! AFTER the show that night - we did go back and ride the elevators a few times. Fun fun!

Eventually we found our hotel and went to check in. The guy at the counter was a RUFUS fan - imagine that. But, was not going to see the show.. even right there in his own town! What a shame. He missed a great show, of well - his loss. The hotel was EXTREMELY nice for the price by the way. I would recommend it to anyone! NICE nice! And luckily they had Internet Access there - so I was able to go on and post a bit after the show - which was awesome for me, as I was having MFC withdraws.. severely *I am SO pathetic*

We got ready and headed down to the King's Center for the Performing Arts. I love that place, truly. We talked with the ushers alot before the show, as we were not allowed to enter the theatre for quite some time. Some had seen Rufus before the last time he performed there 6 YEARS ago. Others had never heard his name before... and I told them WHAT A TREAT they were in for. Not knowing JUST what a treat I myself was in for.

When Rufus came out the audience went wild. Followed by a dead silence - as Rufus kicked the evening off with Grey Gardens. A song I happen to adore. I could NOT beleive his voice LIVE. I had no idea. He is flawless. Utter perfection. I don't remember if I cried at that show. If so, just a wee bit. He is so overwhelming and powerful. He talked alot! His stories are the best - he is so HILAROUS! He ended the evening as perfectly as he had begun it. Sheer perfection. I did not want him to leave the stage. I could have sat right there in that seat for days and just watched him play. The passion he has when at that piano is enough to give anyone a heartattack. I have no clue HOW I am still here amongst the living.

After the show, we went to the gates and just played the waiting game. Time went by SO fast! It was painless waiting for Rufus! After alot of hassle from security that KEPT insisting that he was NOT coming out.... eventually he did. His vehicle pulled up in front of all of us and stopped. He got out, and started down the line.

I do not know WHERE I mustered up the courage that I did - but, all of a sudden as if just being struck by a bolt of lightning that game me some sort of mystical energy... I just went right up to him and handed him my poem. I said, "Rufus - crinkle it up and throw it away, I don't care. Just PLEASE read it first. This is a poem that I worte for you." He was like OH - and then I said can you please sign a copy for me..... he signed it and then HE SAID - oh, I didn't get my copy. So, I handed it to him - and then we got a picture together.

Most of the time when you are taking a pic it is really quick. But, it seemed that we were standing there forever. Because at that precise moment someone else had the camera and Alex had to get it from them. So we are just standing there 'posing' ......

We had our arms around each other and I pulled him in ALL the way next to me. And he had his head against mine - as you can see. And I was holding on to him SO tight! Might as well consider that a hug..... cause it was SO tight and SO long. I felt TRULY blessed.

He finished on and then got in the vehilce and waved goodbye. At that moment I didn't feel sadness because I knew I would see him tomorrow. But, at the thought and realization of WHAT had just happened - I lost it and started crying. But, not too bad for too long. Just enough to get all of the overwhelming feelings out - I guess. What ever the case it worked for me.

THAT was my first night ♥

100_0358-1.jpg

Edited by HollyD

Friday- November 7, 2008

I got up at 5:00 AM -- got the kids off, and went to pack and get ready for the RuVenture of my life. I was VERY excited and nervous all at the same time. I was ready to embark on this journey, still I had NO IDEA of what all was in store for me - or JUST how magical this weekend would truly be.

I had a nice drive to Fort Lauderdale to pick up Alex. Listened to Rufus all the way, as I daydreamed of what the weekend might be like. As soon as she got into the car it was pure madness. We hyped each other up even more, then we thought we could ever be hyped.

The drive to Melbourne was nice.... didn't seem all THAT long. Suppose it was the nerves.

I swear to you, if these two idiots can travel anyone can find their way around. If we got lost once we got lost a million times! AS SOON as we got to Melbourne it started. We couldn't find the Hotel -- so as we were driving we just decided to go and scope out the King's Center. We walked around - found the stage exit and found some posters of Rufus to take pics of.

We then continued driving - and decided to go down to the beach. The beach was absolutely BEAUTIFUL .... Alex wrote RUFUS in the sand and we took some pics and left. Since we were at the beach we wanted to go to the Crowne Plaza to see if we could find the sign for the Rufus fans. We did as soon as we entered and took some pics and left. At that time we did not KNOW that RUFUS himself was staying at the Crowne Plaza! AFTER the show that night - we did go back and ride the elevators a few times. Fun fun!

Eventually we found our hotel and went to check in. The guy at the counter was a RUFUS fan - imagine that. But, was not going to see the show.. even right there in his own town! What a shame. He missed a great show, of well - his loss. The hotel was EXTREMELY nice for the price by the way. I would recommend it to anyone! NICE nice! And luckily they had Internet Access there - so I was able to go on and post a bit after the show - which was awesome for me, as I was having MFC withdraws.. severely *I am SO pathetic*

We got ready and headed down to the King's Center for the Performing Arts. I love that place, truly. We talked with the ushers alot before the show, as we were not allowed to enter the theatre for quite some time. Some had seen Rufus before the last time he performed there 6 YEARS ago. Others had never heard his name before... and I told them WHAT A TREAT they were in for. Not knowing JUST what a treat I myself was in for.

When Rufus came out the audience went wild. Followed by a dead silence - as Rufus kicked the evening off with Grey Gardens. A song I happen to adore. I could NOT beleive his voice LIVE. I had no idea. He is flawless. Utter perfection. I don't remember if I cried at that show. If so, just a wee bit. He is so overwhelming and powerful. He talked alot! His stories are the best - he is so HILAROUS! He ended the evening as perfectly as he had begun it. Sheer perfection. I did not want him to leave the stage. I could have sat right there in that seat for days and just watched him play. The passion he has when at that piano is enough to give anyone a heartattack. I have no clue HOW I am still here amongst the living.

After the show, we went to the gates and just played the waiting game. Time went by SO fast! It was painless waiting for Rufus! After alot of hassle from security that KEPT insisting that he was NOT coming out.... eventually he did. His vehicle pulled up in front of all of us and stopped. He got out, and started down the line.

I do not know WHERE I mustered up the courage that I did - but, all of a sudden as if just being struck by a bolt of lightning that game me some sort of mystical energy... I just went right up to him and handed him my poem. I said, "Rufus - crinkle it up and throw it away, I don't care. Just PLEASE read it first. This is a poem that I worte for you." He was like OH - and then I said can you please sign a copy for me..... he signed it and then HE SAID - oh, I didn't get my copy. So, I handed it to him - and then we got a picture together.

Most of the time when you are taking a pic it is really quick. But, it seemed that we were standing there forever. Because at that precise moment someone else had the camera and Alex had to get it from them. So we are just standing there 'posing' ......

We had our arms around each other and I pulled him in ALL the way next to me. And he had his head against mine - as you can see. And I was holding on to him SO tight! Might as well consider that a hug..... cause it was SO tight and SO long. I felt TRULY blessed.

He finished on and then got in the vehilce and waved goodbye. At that moment I didn't feel sadness because I knew I would see him tomorrow. But, at the thought and realization of WHAT had just happened - I lost it and started crying. But, not too bad for too long. Just enough to get all of the overwhelming feelings out - I guess. What ever the case it worked for me.

THAT was my first night ♥

100_0358-1.jpg

you look sooooooooo CUTE!!

So, i read that he kissed you?!!!

I bet you didnt want to wash your lips!!!

At least you got a kiss. I only got hugs and one of the boys called me shorty!! :tears:

you look sooooooooo CUTE!!

So, i read that he kissed you?!!!

I bet you didnt want to wash your lips!!!

At least you got a kiss. I only got hugs and one of the boys called me shorty!! :tears:

I keep licking my lips!!! :licks_lips:

Aaaawwww!!! Did you have fun at your concert? WHO did you hug :das:

.... you are a shorty! That is SO cute!!! Did you get any pics?