Accents

Shaza!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A GUIDE LMAO.

I remember reading this poem at school about this scottish man who was angry with the BBC for not hiring scottish people because their accent was too strong and too hard to understand (basically, they only hired people with the Queen's R.P. Accent!) and it was all written phonetically, so when you said it out loud you sounded scottish :roftl:

thankyou. :mf_rosetinted: and your accent annoys me...

LOL, my accent annoys me too :P

Oh but I don't have a kiwi accent completely, it's an american, british accent that is primarily kiwi but I don't use kiwi vowels so it's weird.

But it does annoy me because people always ask me either "Are you british or something?" or "what part of India are you from?"

Answer: I have brit blood and I dont. :D

Edited by Lolliepop_girl

Heehee, glad I've managed to amuse people :biggrin2:

Haha that was great! :roftl: Are you actually from Tokyo cos you sound English :naughty:

Yeah, I'm English :biggrin2: I'm in Tokyo because it's my year abroad, otherwise I'd be in London now. I'm from Kent, though, and I find I start talking with a 'Chatham accent', as I call it, when I get excited or shocked or whatever XD (You can hear it slightly in my audio clip when I say "But it's okay because I don't have to get up 'til 9 tomorrow" LOL)

Being 'high' on exhaustion as I am, I thought I'd demonstrate my accent for you all. LOL. :naughty:

Aww, no it's not!

for your listening pleasure :naughty: :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ppq1xl

I hope you can understand me cos I'm not the clearest speaker anyway :naughty:

I love listening to people speak like this, you can hear more detail :naughty: Love the accents :biggrin2:

Posh!

Yes, that's what I mean!

Like the "spoon in your mouth" effect :o

Ha ha.. yeah that would be the one :naughty:

Heehee, glad I've managed to amuse people :biggrin2:

Yeah, I'm English :biggrin2: I'm in Tokyo because it's my year abroad, otherwise I'd be in London now. I'm from Kent, though, and I find I start talking with a 'Chatham accent', as I call it, when I get excited or shocked or whatever XD (You can hear it slightly in my audio clip when I say "But it's okay because I don't have to get up 'til 9 tomorrow" LOL)

I was born in Kent.

Heehee, glad I've managed to amuse people

Yeah, I'm English I'm in Tokyo because it's my year abroad, otherwise I'd be in London now. I'm from Kent, though, and I find I start talking with a 'Chatham accent', as I call it, when I get excited or shocked or whatever XD (You can hear it slightly in my audio clip when I say "But it's okay because I don't have to get up 'til 9 tomorrow" LOL)

Oooh I see :wink2: that's pretty cool you get to go to Tokyo! I guess you are studying Japanese?

I love listening to people speak like this, you can hear more detail :naughty: Love the accents :biggrin2:

Haha, I just realised afterwards how incredibly boring I sound in that clip :naughty: I just didn't know what to say so I was like errr... ammmm :naughty:

Random point but you are currently 2 posts away from 40,000! :shocked::yay:

Haha, I just realised afterwards how incredibly boring I sound in that clip :naughty: I just didn't know what to say so I was like errr... ammmm

Random point but you are currently 2 posts away from 40,000! :shocked::yay:

Ha ha, I do that all the time. You could have just talked the lyrics of one of Mika's songs :fisch::naughty:

Now I'm 2 after 40,000 posts :naughty:

Edit: Oh no, wrong, 4 posts :naughty:

Ha ha, I do that all the time. You could have just talked the lyrics of one of Mika's songs :fisch:

Now I'm 2 after 40,000 posts

Edit: Oh no, wrong, 4 posts :naughty:

:roftl: 8 now :roftl: no wonder your post count is so high :naughty: well done though! :thumb_yello:

yeah I could have though I can imagine that sounding very weird :naughty: