Oakie Doke

Hola!

Yes, holwer monkeys do sound quite ridiculous.

4 star resorts. Psht. After Ocotal Beach Resort we went to Monteverde 5 star Mountain Resort. Most ridiclous thing ever. I thought the hill-like layout of Ocotal was stupid and impossible to walk up and down. Monteverde was like literally 10km from top to bottom. And we were in room 810, when there are 900 rooms. And the restaurant with free breakfast was at the very bottom. On the first night we arrived in the dark and with no knowledge of it´s size and actually walked up to our room - it took like 40 minutes.

We were in Monteverde for Christmas, but on Christmas day we packed up early and drove here to Arenal Volcano. On Christmas Eve we went out for dinner and then we came back to the hotel and then around 11.30, when me and Dani´s roommate had already gone to sleep, we had the sudden genius realisation that we should probably make a christmas tree. So we ran outside, ripped a branch off a tree, put it in a glass and decorated it with any ridiclous things we could find in the room. It was fantastic fun. And sad to leave behind in the morning. Although we did get up at 5 to have a festive christmas present swapping before we had to leave at 6.30.

Unfortunately ... there will be no 3000 photos. My camera commited suicide a few days ago and I may follow him soon. I don´t know how much longer I can survive without him :crybaby: At home I never let him out of my sight, he hasn´t left my hand or pocket this entire trip. I break out into nervous twitches and clicks every time I see something I need to take a photo of (at least 8 times a minute). I took him flying through clouds. He obviously doesn´t like flying through clouds. I am currently attempting to nurse him back to health, but he refuses to wake up :sad:

¿Sooo ... what have I done so far (minus my lovely friend)?

In Ocotal I went snorkelling and surfing (I have, as expected, horrific balance/surfing ability, my instructor actually ran across the road mid-lesson to go and get me a bigger/easier board), in Monteverde I went horse riding and zip lining through the cloud forest (it was fricking awesome, we actually flew straight into a cloud on one of them) (It was not fricking awesome when my camera slipped into a coma in the parking lot afterwards), and here in Arenal I went to the hot springs (It was like a ridiclously lareg and luxurious hot water park) and zip lining again, and went to visit the native Maleku tribe. I bought a rain stick from them and I will be sooooooooooooo annoyed if customs wont let me have it. Today we are going rappelling down La Fortuna waterfall and going hiking on or near the volcano (I´m not sure) where we should be able to properly see the lava flowing. But it has so far been extremely cloudy and we haven´t been able to see it. We wree supposed to be ble to see the lava from the hot springs, because we went there at night, but the stupid clouds were everywhere. The day after tomorrow we go to Torteguero and then a few days after that we go rafting on the Pacuare river, and then we go back to San Jose, then Mexico, then LA (:das:) and then Sydney (:das:), Melbourne (more das) and home ( Ambrose! )

And another early riser has just come to use the computer so, adios!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hola!

4 star resorts. Psht. After Ocotal Beach Resort we went to Monteverde 5 star Mountain Resort. Most ridiclous thing ever. I thought the hill-like layout of Ocotal was stupid and impossible to walk up and down. Monteverde was like literally 10km from top to bottom. And we were in room 810, when there are 900 rooms. And the restaurant with free breakfast was at the very bottom. On the first night we arrived in the dark and with no knowledge of it´s size and actually walked up to our room - it took like 40 minutes.

We were in Monteverde for Christmas, but on Christmas day we packed up early and drove here to Arenal Volcano. On Christmas Eve we went out for dinner and then we came back to the hotel and then around 11.30, when me and Dani´s roommate had already gone to sleep, we had the sudden genius realisation that we should probably make a christmas tree. So we ran outside, ripped a branch off a tree, put it in a glass and decorated it with any ridiclous things we could find in the room. It was fantastic fun. And sad to leave behind in the morning. Although we did get up at 5 to have a festive christmas present swapping before we had to leave at 6.30.

Unfortunately ... there will be no 3000 photos. My camera commited suicide a few days ago and I may follow him soon. I don´t know how much longer I can survive without him :crybaby: At home I never let him out of my sight, he hasn´t left my hand or pocket this entire trip. I break out into nervous twitches and clicks every time I see something I need to take a photo of (at least 8 times a minute). I took him flying through clouds. He obviously doesn´t like flying through clouds. I am currently attempting to nurse him back to health, but he refuses to wake up :sad:

In Ocotal I went snorkelling and surfing (I have, as expected, horrific balance/surfing ability, my instructor actually ran across the road mid-lesson to go and get me a bigger/easier board), in Monteverde I went horse riding and zip lining through the cloud forest (it was fricking awesome, we actually flew straight into a cloud on one of them) (It was not fricking awesome when my camera slipped into a coma in the parking lot afterwards), and here in Arenal I went to the hot springs (It was like a ridiclously lareg and luxurious hot water park) and zip lining again, and went to visit the native Maleku tribe. I bought a rain stick from them and I will be sooooooooooooo annoyed if customs wont let me have it. Today we are going rappelling down La Fortuna waterfall and going hiking on or near the volcano (I´m not sure) where we should be able to properly see the lava flowing. But it has so far been extremely cloudy and we haven´t been able to see it. We wree supposed to be ble to see the lava from the hot springs, because we went there at night, but the stupid clouds were everywhere. The day after tomorrow we go to Torteguero and then a few days after that we go rafting on the Pacuare river, and then we go back to San Jose, then Mexico, then LA (:das:) and then Sydney (:das:), Melbourne (more das) and home ( Ambrose! )

:jawdrop: OH ****ING WOW !!!!! HUGE WUBS TO EWE HUNNY !!! May you have many :das:'s before you arrive back home !!

Hola OKD

Hopefully your camera may recover when it dries out a bit:thumb_yello: But there's always postcards :naughty:

You certainly sound like you're getting to see the place, and trying out lots of activities, hope it's as much fun as it sounds :naughty:

See you soon :bye:

Hola!

Arenal, we went there!

And...ZIPLINING THROUGH CLOUD FORESTS?! Woooooowwwwww! Everything sounds so amazing...thanks for reportage :biggrin2:

What{s going on in pu thread? that has to be 3 people that have said that now. Oh ****, I have to go now. I meant to say - I uploaded pictures on my myspace if you want to see.

Kooks kooks kooks kooks, I am very excited now.

I am extremely devastated at not having my camera. My usual motto is that I would rather not see anything exciting that see it and not have my camera with me. It hurts my brain seeing exciting things and not being able to take pictures of them. Today I saw caman crocodiles and a million other things, and Dani{s camera that she donated to me because she could see how much I was suffering has only 3x optical zoom. 3x optical zoom? I can{t live like this. :crybaby:

Okay, I got to go, our taxi-boat is leaving in 5 minutes. Oh yeah, right now I am in Tortuguero, its like on a river. In a COMPLETELY RIRICULOUS caribbean-resort. And this right now is the last internet access I will have until LA. So byeeeee!

What{s going on in pu thread? that has to be 3 people that have said that now. Oh ****, I have to go now. I meant to say - I uploaded pictures on my myspace if you want to see.

Kooks kooks kooks kooks, I am very excited now.

I am extremely devastated at not having my camera. My usual motto is that I would rather not see anything exciting that see it and not have my camera with me. It hurts my brain seeing exciting things and not being able to take pictures of them. Today I saw caman crocodiles and a million other things, and Dani{s camera that she donated to me because she could see how much I was suffering has only 3x optical zoom. 3x optical zoom? I can{t live like this. :crybaby:

Okay, I got to go, our taxi-boat is leaving in 5 minutes. Oh yeah, right now I am in Tortuguero, its like on a river. In a COMPLETELY RIRICULOUS caribbean-resort. And this right now is the last internet access I will have until LA. So byeeeee!

Awwwwwww... I'll make sure my camera is ready and working for Kooks... don't worry, there will be plenty of pics! :naughty:

KOOKS IN 6 DAYS!!!

:woot_jump:

Formal apology: I am more than just fricking sorry for being a stupid idiot that receives most fantastic emails and then doesn't properly post everything here. My internet is limited at the moment and I've lost track and I feel ****ty ****ty ****ty for that and I have the feeling that Bianca is going to hate me because I'm such a bad friend and that nico_collard already hates me because it took me ages to post her wonderful Mika Mail :boxed:. And I'm also stupid because I forgot to put an "air mail" on my last letter (which contained a bunch of DVDs) to Bianca which means that she will receive it in.. February? I'm an idiot. And I've sent Tegan's MM via surface mail (due to the unbelievable prices of Royal Mail in the UK) which will take ages as well :crybaby:. I am sorry sorry sorry!!! And I'm especially sorry that I haven't sent the 400,000 detailed emails to Bianca as promised (but that's actually more the fault of fact that I don't really have time to use the internet at the moment). I moved back from the UK shortly before Christmas and my flatmate from the UK is still here with me and I can't tell her that I'm going to sit down now to write looooong emails/PMs while she is being bored. She is lying on the sofa behind me at the moment (being bored :tears:) and I feel bad for even typing all this here while she has nothing to do :crybaby:.

Bianca - what the heck did you do to your camera? :shocked: Holy ****ing ****!! I am SORRY!!! I know how that must feel!! Totally deprived of every possibility to .. what is the word? To memorise something? Sorry, my English left me :boxed:. I hope Dani photographs everything! And do you have your video camera with you? And make Tegan and Tanya photo/film-whore during the gigs!!!! (I did that in London but you probably won't get the DVDs before February *slaps self*.) WAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Petra

For the lucky ones among you that get to see the best band in the world in the next few days - here's the playlist:

bianca1.jpg

• Always Where
  • Eddie's Gun
  • Ooh La
  • Sway
  • Time Awaits
  • I Want You Back
  • One Last Time
  • She Moves
  • Mr Maker
  • Do You Wanna
  • Naive
  • Shine On
  • See The World
  • You don't love me
  • Seaside
  • Jackie Big Tits
  • Princess of my Mind
  • See The Sun
  • Stormy Weather
  • Sofa Song

bianca2.jpg

I missed her again

7 DAYS!!! for me! I refuse to count today

Ye4ah, but i get to see them before you!

Formal apology: I am more than just fricking sorry for being a stupid idiot that receives most fantastic emails and then doesn't properly post everything here. My internet is limited at the moment and I've lost track and I feel ****ty ****ty ****ty for that and I have the feeling that Bianca is going to hate me because I'm such a bad friend and that nico_collard already hates me because it took me ages to post her wonderful Mika Mail. And I'm also stupid because I forgot to put an "air mail" on my last letter (which contained a bunch of DVDs) to Bianca which means that she will receive it in.. February? I'm an idiot. And I've sent Tegan's MM via surface mail (due to the unbelievable prices of Royal Mail in the UK) which will take ages as well. I am sorry sorry sorry!!! And I'm especially sorry that I haven't sent the 400,000 detailed emails to Bianca as promised (but that's actually more the fault of fact that I don't really have time to use the internet at the moment). I moved back from the UK shortly before Christmas and my flatmate from the UK is still here with me and I can't tell her that I'm going to sit down now to write looooong emails/PMs while she is being bored. She is lying on the sofa behind me at the moment (being bored :tears:) and I feel bad for even typing all this here while she has nothing to do :crybaby:.

Bianca - what the heck did you do to your camera? :shocked: Holy ****ing ****!! I am SORRY!!! I know how that must feel!! Totally deprived of every possibility to .. what is the word? To memorise something? Sorry, my English left me :boxed:. I hope Dani photographs everything! And do you have your video camera with you? And make Tegan and Tanya photo/film-whore during the gigs!!!! (I did that in London but you probably won't get the DVDs before February *slaps self*.) WAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

For the lucky ones among you that get to see the best band in the world in the next few days - here's the playlist:

bianca1.jpg

• Always Where
  • Eddie's Gun
  • Ooh La
  • Sway
  • Time Awaits
  • I Want You Back
  • One Last Time
  • She Moves
  • Mr Maker
  • Do You Wanna
  • Naive
  • Shine On
  • See The World
  • You don't love me
  • Seaside
  • Jackie Big Tits
  • Princess of my Mind
  • See The Sun
  • Stormy Weather
  • Sofa Song

bianca2.jpg

Relax woman! It's all good! :naughty:

Thanks for the list... yayness..

Formal apology: I am more than just fricking sorry for being a stupid idiot that receives most fantastic emails and then doesn't properly post everything here. My internet is limited at the moment and I've lost track and I feel ****ty ****ty ****ty for that and I have the feeling that Bianca is going to hate me because I'm such a bad friend and that nico_collard already hates me because it took me ages to post her wonderful Mika Mail . And I'm also stupid because I forgot to put an "air mail" on my last letter (which contained a bunch of DVDs) to Bianca which means that she will receive it in.. February? I'm an idiot. And I've sent Tegan's MM via surface mail (due to the unbelievable prices of Royal Mail in the UK) which will take ages as well . I am sorry sorry sorry!!! And I'm especially sorry that I haven't sent the 400,000 detailed emails to Bianca as promised (but that's actually more the fault of fact that I don't really have time to use the internet at the moment). I moved back from the UK shortly before Christmas and my flatmate from the UK is still here with me and I can't tell her that I'm going to sit down now to write looooong emails/PMs while she is being bored. She is lying on the sofa behind me at the moment (being bored ) and I feel bad for even typing all this here while she has nothing to do .

Bianca - what the heck did you do to your camera? Holy ****ing ****!! I am SORRY!!! I know how that must feel!! Totally deprived of every possibility to .. what is the word? To memorise something? Sorry, my English left me. I hope Dani photographs everything! And do you have your video camera with you? And make Tegan and Tanya photo/film-whore during the gigs!!!! (I did that in London but you probably won't get the DVDs before February *slaps self*.) WAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

*slap* for talking about yourself that way....and *huggles you* because we love you :wub2: ....and extra big huggles for the pics and list! :huglove:

Well your gonna love me coz I busted my good camera on Christmas day and all I have left is my crappy old digital one and I was counting on Bianca's camera :shocked:....but have no fear if I can't beg, borrow or steal a decent camera, I shall max out my credit card.....again.....and worry about how to pay it off later :naughty:

Ye4ah, but i get to see them before you!

:tongue2: Just don't forget to post about it! Lots of pics of Luke and Paul would be greatly received....hint, hint, hint:wink2:

:tongue2: Just don't forget to post about it! Lots of pics of Luke and Paul would be greatly received....hint, hint, hint:wink2:

Course I won't! There will be plenty of pics.. whether they're Kooks related or not is another thing :fisch:

And thanks for the hint... :naughty:

I refuse to count today

:roftl:!

Formal apology:

*msnslaps you for being far too apologetic*

For the lucky ones among you that get to see the best band in the world in the next few days - here's the playlist:Eddie's Gun

• Always Where
  • Ooh La
  • Sway
  • Time Awaits
  • I Want You Back
  • One Last Time
  • She Moves
  • Mr Maker
  • Do You Wanna
  • Naive
  • Shine On
  • See The World
  • You don't love me
  • Seaside
  • Jackie Big Tits
  • Princess of my Mind
  • See The Sun
  • Stormy Weather
  • Sofa Song

*thanks you for the ****ing amazing collage that is giving me butterflies*

****, I wish I could remember what happened, but I was sooo ****ing tired :naughty:

But it wasn't exactly like this. They played at least one (or two?) more songs between see the sun and stormy weather (Right Tegan? Do you remember?) I remember thinking "huh? Shouldn't this be Stormy Weather yet?"

Hmm, the rest sound right though, I think. God,. maybe my brain confused me, who knows. I need sleep. I need dinner. I am going!

Course I won't! There will be plenty of pics.. whether they're Kooks related or not is another thing :fisch:

And thanks for the hint... :naughty:

As long as everyone has their clothes on:shocked:

*sings* Why are we waiting....whhhhyyyyyy are we waiting:naughty:

Glad you can take a hint:wink2:

Hmm, the rest sound right though, I think. God,. maybe my brain confused me, who knows. I need sleep. I need dinner. I am going!

...and still you're here :roftl:

• 2 weeks later...

*invites everyone to take a random guess at who is finally home and with her Brosey-poo*

:fisch:

But ... I don't really feel like dealing with MFC right now ... so I'll probably be relatively absent still for a while. :blink:

*goes to organise her life*

*and cuddle ambrose some more*

Edited by Oakie Doke
*and maybe post whore in the kooks thread a bit*

*invites everyone to take a random guess at who is finally home and with her Brosey-poo*

But ... I don't really feel like dealing with MFC right now ... so I'll probably be relatively absent still for a while. :blink:

Please give Ambrose a huggle from his gran :wub2:

And hi yourself :bye:

Where are my Ambrose pics :sneaky2: *demands*