Like a circus!

elise_xx

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched this video of britney performing and the beginning reminds me of mika's live show!

With the acrobats and everything!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzkMH5MIrYA

what do you think?

It certainly is :blink:

There are two possible explanations

1. Circuses have jugglers and clowns - both Mika and Britney have the same theme and are thinking in parallel - ie its a coincidence

or

2. Britney's folks saw or heard of the P de P show and ripped it off :thumbdown:

The difference between them is that Mika is the head clown, because he doesn't want to be the ringmaster and Britney IS the ringmaster, isn't she? :bleh:

I guess she is, yes...besides, there's another difference: Mika can sing live. :fisch:

Edited by Mary

I just watched this video of britney performing and the beginning reminds me of mika's live show!

With the acrobats and everything!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzkMH5MIrYA

what do you think?

I don't think anything :thumbdown:

I guess she is, yes...besides, there's another difference Mika can sing live. :fisch:

You read my mind Maryyyy :fisch:

keti and mary :bow:

mika`s circus is more artistic.. i find this quite dull...

anyways.. i`m happy that she`s not in drugs anymore :)

Are you sure about that? I suspected she was on something on Saturday (X-Factor) - nothing illegal - but it wouldn't surprise me if she wasn't on something, since she was diagnosed bi-polar. I don't thik she is completely recovered yet. Its a shame :thumbdown:

edit: for non-UK readers - on X Factor, she was a guest, but mimed badly, dancing OK but not up to her old standard, and she didn't mentor the contestants or watch their performances. She really wasn't at her best.

Edited by Naectegale

FFS. IT REALLY BOTHERS ME WHEN PEOPLE DISS BRITNEY.

Yes, she had a rough time, yes, she mimed on X-Factor, BUT SHE SANG LIVE AS WELL. You can hear her at the end - she tolds the end note on "Womaniser". In the actual song she just says "womaniser." but on the x-factor, AND THE OTHER PERFORMANCES SHE MADE WHEN DOING THE SAME SONG, she goes "Womaniserrr.." you can hear it cos it lasts longer than the recorded version. Don't believe me? YOUTUBE IT.

I very much doubt Britney was on anything during the X-Factor performance: Compare "womaniser" to "gimme more" last year. now THAT was a performance where you knew something was wrong. There was nothing in her eyes, she was stumbling, she forgot her routine...there was nothing. On X-Factor, her eyes showed how alive she was, there was a LOT more effort in this performance than last years, she was SMILING, she interacted with the audience...

And okay, SURE, she didn't dance exactly full out but it was a huge improvement compared to the Gimme More disaster.

I'm okay with people's opinions and shizz, but I hate it when everything she does is just never good enough for the general public.

I mean for Goodness sake, she's had such a rough time with her divorce with Kevin, losing custody of her kids, letting bad people into her life (because she was only, anyone watch her documentary??) such as Sam Lufti who was allegedly the one drugging her.

The fact is actually, that no-one will probably ever really know what went on for her in that period, but we all know that she was in a dark place.

Now she's emerged from it and she's a lot better for herself, she's looking really healthy, and the only thing people seem to do is put her name back in the mud and I'm fed up with it.

Give her some praise because she bloody deserves it. With the life she leads with being photographed 24/7 and constantly needing security I'm surprised she's still here, I honestly thought she'd be another Anna Nicole Smith. Or Marilyn Munroe, or Elvis. Honest to God.

Just give her a break, please!

I'm sorry if I feel I've personally attacked anyone, was not my intention, I just feel as though people in GENERAL are being unfair and picking on her.

[/end rant]

Well, everyone has the right to their opinion... :wink2:

Mine is that she can't sing.

It has nothing to do with the divorce, the kids, whatever. FOR ME sha has no voice, and I guess that's why she lipsynchs. Nothing against her as a person, I don't know her, but as an artist I don't think she's any good. Just a normal popstar (not in a good way, that is).

Amy Wino is unstable too, a drug addict, etc, but she's far more talented than Britney. For me, at least...

Yes, she had a rough time, yes, she mimed on X-Factor, BUT SHE SANG LIVE AS WELL. You can hear her at the end - she tolds the end note on "Womaniser". In the actual song she just says "womaniser." but on the x-factor, AND THE OTHER PERFORMANCES SHE MADE WHEN DOING THE SAME SONG, she goes "Womaniserrr.." you can hear it cos it lasts longer than the recorded version. Don't believe me? YOUTUBE IT.

I very much doubt Britney was on anything during the X-Factor performance: Compare "womaniser" to "gimme more" last year. now THAT was a performance where you knew something was wrong. There was nothing in her eyes, she was stumbling, she forgot her routine...there was nothing. On X-Factor, her eyes showed how alive she was, there was a LOT more effort in this performance than last years, she was SMILING, she interacted with the audience...

And okay, SURE, she didn't dance exactly full out but it was a huge improvement compared to the Gimme More disaster.

I'm okay with people's opinions and shizz, but I hate it when everything she does is just never good enough for the general public.

I mean for Goodness sake, she's had such a rough time with her divorce with Kevin, losing custody of her kids, letting bad people into her life (because she was only, anyone watch her documentary??) such as Sam Lufti who was allegedly the one drugging her.

The fact is actually, that no-one will probably ever really know what went on for her in that period, but we all know that she was in a dark place.

Now she's emerged from it and she's a lot better for herself, she's looking really healthy, and the only thing people seem to do is put her name back in the mud and I'm fed up with it.

Give her some praise because she bloody deserves it. With the life she leads with being photographed 24/7 and constantly needing security I'm surprised she's still here, I honestly thought she'd be another Anna Nicole Smith. Or Marilyn Munroe, or Elvis. Honest to God.

I'm sorry if I feel I've personally attacked anyone, was not my intention, I just feel as though people in GENERAL are being unfair and picking on her.

[/end rant]

Hi CazGirl

Sorry if you thought I was being unkind to Britney. She is much better than she was, but I think she has some way to go before she is back to her best. I do feel sorry for her - it seems her life isn't her own. I hope she gets there in the end.

Well her new album is called Circus, so I guess that would have something to do withit.

I fully expect something similar from Take That, as their new album is called The Circus.

I'm guessing Mika is probably ticked off now, if he was planning on calling his album that. But at least we knew he got the circus idea first.

Well her new album is called Circus, so I guess that would have something to do withit.

I fully expect something similar from Take That, as their new album is called The Circus.

I'm guessing Mika is probably ticked off now, if he was planning on calling his album that. But at least we knew he got the circus idea first.

We know it, but many non-fans may think he has stolen the idea if his next CD has a circus theme- TakeThat and Britney are much bigger names and have got in there first. But I think Mika will have a more interesting concept for the next CD - he will do something unexpected :thumb_yello:

Hi CazGirl

Sorry if you thought I was being unkind to Britney. She is much better than she was, but I think she has some way to go before she is back to her best. I do feel sorry for her - it seems her life isn't her own. I hope she gets there in the end.

Don't be sorry for not liking someone, I hate when I say I dislike someone and get yelled at for it.

[/end rant]

Well, it's there oppinion and they are entitled to it :wink2:

Don't be sorry for not liking someone, I hate when I say I dislike someone and get yelled at for it.

I was only apologising for appearing to be unkind - that wasn't my intention.

I neither like her nor dislike her as a performer - I was merely commenting on her X factor performance. I feel sorry for her, if anything. And I don't feel "yelled at" by CazGirl - she is just expressing her opinion, as I expressed mine.

I was only apologising for appearing to be unkind - that wasn't my intention.

I neither like her nor dislike her as a performer - I was merely commenting on her X factor performance. I feel sorry for her, if anything. And I don't feel "yelled at" by CazGirl - she is just expressing her opinion, as I expressed mine.

You weren't unkind!

I call caps yelling, but mayhbe that's just me :naughty:

I liked her when I was younger, so I still like her, but yeah she's horrid live..

You weren't unkind!

I call caps yelling, but mayhbe that's just me :naughty:

I liked her when I was younger, so I still like her, but yeah she's horrid live..

:roftl: I didn't take the capitals personally :roftl: I think CazGirl may have heard rather a lot of criticism of Britney since Saturday - there has been a lot of it in the papers and the radio - some of it very unfair.

I prefer singers who can "do it live" but a lot of "pop" recordings are electronic creations, so some artifice is required, particularly when dancing is a big part of the show.

:roftl: I didn't take the capitals personally :roftl: I think CazGirl may have heard rather a lot of criticism of Britney since Saturday - there has been a lot of it in the papers and the radio - some of it very unfair.

I prefer singers who can "do it live" but a lot of "pop" recordings are electronic creations, so some artifice is required, particularly when dancing is a big part of the show.

Yeah, I like her, but Seriously, there are mor eimportant things to put on CNN than Britney Spears shaving her head. :shocked:

"do it live" :roftl:

Me too, in a singer I look for : Live performance, ability to sing, and song writing.

[ but looks don't hurt either :das: ]

Yeah, I like her, but Seriously, there are mor eimportant things to put on CNN than Britney Spears shaving her head. :shocked:

"do it live" :roftl:

Me too, in a singer I look for : Live performance, ability to sing, and song writing.

[ but looks don't hurt either :das: ]

:roftl: I think I may know of a boy who meets all your criteria :roftl: (including looks :bleh:)

It certainly is :blink:

There are two possible explanations

1. Circuses have jugglers and clowns - both Mika and Britney have the same theme and are thinking in parallel - ie its a coincidence

or

2. Britney's folks saw or heard of the P de P show and ripped it off :thumbdown:

I think it's option 2! Anyway, a big difference between her and Mika is. She mimes whenever she thinks she can get away with it. Mika sings live all the time!!!