What did you do before Mika and MFC???

willywonka

Keti, before I joined here I was joking around whenever Love Today would come on too. I hated it. And then I watched it and saw those curls. That was the death of me. :roftl:

Even when I saw the LT vid it still wasn't a death for me :roftl: I remember when I watched it with my friend once and I said:"Funny",completely neutral and indifferent.

Just like that. "Funny".

:roftl:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said .. no more school .. too much free time .. :mf_rosetinted:

And I realized I hadn't posted here yet .. :roftl:

:shocked: I just looked at your postcount.. compared to mine.

If you have too much free time now I hate to think of what that will be next week. :roftl: Before Mika did you ever think you'd have such a high post count on any forum? :naughty:

Even when I saw the LT vid it still wasn't a death for me :roftl: I remember when I watched it with my friend once and I said:"Funny",completely neutral and indifferent.

Just like that. "Funny".

:roftl: It was very different compared to everything else on tv at the time here.

I was imitating it around the house and my sister and niece were here. I was singing in a squeaky voice. :naughty: They thought it was hilarious. 1 week later I was a fangurl and they were "WTF happened to you?:blink:"

:shocked: I just looked at your postcount.. compared to mine.

If you have too much free time now I hate to think of what that will be next week. :roftl Before Mika did you ever think you'd have such a high post count on any forum? :naughty

:roftl: But I have that too much free time already for 5 months now, so .. :roftl:

And no .. :roftl:

There's another forum (about horses) where I've been a member since 2004 .. and I have a little over 2000 posts now .. :roftl: But I usually read there, don't feel like posting much, don't have anything interesting to say :wink2: Not that I have that here, but here it doesn't matter that much :roftl:

:roftl It was very different compared to everything else on tv at the time here.

I was imitating it around the house and my sister and niece were here. I was singing in a squeaky voice. :naughty They thought it was hilarious. 1 week later I was a fangurl and they were "WTF happened to you?:blink"

Love Today was the thing that got me totally :shocked:

I remember as if it was yesterday (and that's terrible because it's over a year ago :blush-anim-cl:). I knew Grace Kelly, liked the song (not the first time I heard it btw) but not like: omg omg omg .. orso .. And I was in the car, driving to my horses, the weekend of the 21th july (yes, I said it was terrible :roftl:) and I heard Relax on the radio, new single .. And I thought: hey, that's that guy from Grace Kelly .. and I immediatly liked Relax! :shocked:

Then I got home, watched tv and came across Jim (it's a music-channel here) where they had a program called "let's all chant" and Love Today started just .. And that was it .. I was :shocked:, totally loved it .. Went searching for him on internet that day .. downloaded a few songs .. bought the cd the next day .. came on here, but just to read for several months .. didn't want to register because it was just all english .. but then I did register and well .. now I'm here :punk:

:roftl: It was very different compared to everything else on tv at the time here.

I was imitating it around the house and my sister and niece were here. I was singing in a squeaky voice. :naty: They thought it was hilarious. 1 week later I was a fangurl and they were "WTF happened to you?:ink:"

Hahaa:roftl: I wasn't fascinated with Mika by any chance! I wasn't thinking anything about him. Yes,his music was really a refreshment for the nowaday's music,but still....I was too stupid then I guess :roftl:

I downloaded GK from my friend,Relax too. That was in September 2007. And STILL I didn't have a clue that he was the guy who sang LT :roftl: so I saw LT in my friend's phone so I said "Whoa how cool,another song from him which I've never heard before. Let's download it!"...and when I got home I was so hyper because of it so I played it on my computer and when I heard the first few chords of the song I was like this:

:jawdrop::no::crybaby:

: roft l:

Love Today was the thing that got me totally :shoc ked:

I remember as if it was yesterday (and that's terrible because it's over a year ago :blush-anim-cl:). I knew Grace Kelly, liked the song (not the first time I heard it btw) but not like: omg omg omg .. orso .. And I was in the car, driving to my horses, the weekend of the 21th july (yes, I said it was terrible :ro ftl:) and I heard Relax on the radio, new single .. And I thought: hey, that's that guy from Grace Kelly .. and I immediatly liked Relax! :s hocked :

Then I got home, watched tv and came across Jim (it's a music-channel here) where they had a program called "let's all chant" and Love Today started just .. And that was it .. I was :shoc ked:, totally loved it .. Went searching for him on internet that day .. downloaded a few songs .. bought the cd the next day .. came on here, but just to read for several months .. didn't want to register because it was just all english .. but then I did register and well .. now I'm here :P un k:

i just registered here to see the pics :bleh:

but then i started posting and now.. well.. i`m here every day :naughty:

when i saw LT and that curly guy with those white pants :drool: i never recovered from that moment :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
uh?!. .............

YEAH, YOU HEARD CORRECTLY--

PORRIDGE . . .

tarrant_3bears1.jpg

as in

The Goldilocks Syndrome:

Getting Rid of the Bears in Your Life

By Elaine Langlois

Are there situations in your life that are simply too hot? Do you feel left out in the cold? Do you find it impossible to get to a place that feels just right?

A hot new best-seller offers us answers for these and other modern dilemmas: The Goldilocks Syndrome: Getting Rid of the Bears in Your Life. The Goldilocks Syndrome is the latest work of popular psychologist Verdetta Dervish, whose previous books include Letting Your Hair Down with Rapunzel and Negotiating to Win: Lessons from "The Three Billy Goats Gruff."

"It's no accident that fairy tales have endured in Western civilization for so many years," Dervish tells us. "Fairy tales are a source of fundamental wisdom that, with insight, can be applied to our personal and professional lives."

We all know the Goldilocks story. A little girl, wandering in a forest, comes upon a deserted house. She tastes porridge that is too hot and some that is too cold before devouring a bowl that's "just right." She sits in a chair that's too small (breaking it) and one that's too large before finding one that's "just right." She tries a too-soft bed and a too-hard bed before finding one that's-you guessed it- "just right." She falls asleep. The householders, who happen to be bears, return, waking Goldilocks, who is frightened and runs away.

So what lessons can we draw from this tale? Here's what The Goldilocks Syndrome has to say:

Find the golden mean. Sophrosyne, the Greeks called it. Get a boat. Steer a middle course. Avoid the highs and lows. Take Dramamine if you need it. Practice moderation and restraint. Look for whales. You could do some wakeboarding, too.

Rediscover the little girl in you. Take a walk in the woods. Leave your cell phone and pager at home (but make a trail for yourself with breadcrumbs). Bring a basket of food to your grandmother. Play with your old paper dolls and Barbies.

Be choosy. Take the time and effort to find what's "just right" for you. This applies to food, furniture, jobs, and mammals!

Organize. Now that you know what you do want, get rid of everything you don't. Organize your life from top to bottom. Throw out that broken chair and everything else you haven't used in the past two years. Strip your life to the bear necessities. The bear essentials. Buy a planner. Write in the planner. Don't lose the planner.

Explore the health benefits of porridge. Once eaten only by mischievous urchins in fairy tales and indigent orphans in novels like Jane Eyre, porridge is the wonder food of the 21st century. It lowers cholesterol, clears up sinus infections, and has natural weight-reduction properties. Applied to the skin, it's an effective exfoliant and an excellent remedy for acne.

Get rid of the bears in your life. This is The Goldilocks Syndrome's most important lesson. Face up to your bears. See them for what they are. Understand why you are in this destructive relationship with them. Now you are ready to make a creative plan for overcoming your bears. Call pest control. Make smelly rugs out of them.

Get in touch with your inner bear. At this point, you can move forward to internalize the positive aspects of being a bear. Adapt to your environment. Don't let anyone invade your territory. Learn the effectiveness of a well-placed growl or powerful forepaw strike. Expand your diet to include acorns, honey, bees, garbage, rodents, termites, and grubs. Climb trees. Fix up a cozy den. Mate frequently. Take really long naps.

Don't feed the bears. How many times do we have to tell you? Feeding just encourages them.

Like the song says, "Fairy tales can come true. It can happen to you." Deal with your bears and you can change your life. It may be difficult but, at the end of it all, you could find yourself in a castle with lots of nice clothes and furniture, a terrific car, expensive jewelry, and lots of other portable property, with Mr. Just Right.

THERE'S SO MUCH THAT CAN BE SAID ABOUT PORRIDGE!

Edited by A. Clay

Well, I did more of my homework

I knew what myspace was, but wasn't interested.

I liked music and always looked for new music.

I used to draw a lot.

I certainly wasn't on the computer as much as now.

I didn't know people from all over the world.

I was more shy than some of you might have experienced.:naughty:

And probably a lot more, but I can't seem to remember much:blink:

• 4 months later...
Oh Suzy!

The same for me!:wub2:

I never had friends in New Zeeland, Japan, Russia and....Canada!:wink2:

oh! you have a friend in new zealand as well! me! you should come visit me when mika plays a concert here.. then you can combine a holiday to new zealand with a mika gig! :groovy:

Well, I....

was on facebook

did my homework a bit quicker (though I am a major procrastinator)

played the piano (I still do)

I read a ton more (I went through a period recently where I read a book a day, but that's passed)

hang out with friends

I think I still do about the same things that I did before, just in different amounts of time

oh! you have a friend in new zealand as well! me! you should come visit me when mika plays a concert here.. then you can combine a holiday to new zealand with a mika gig! :groovy:

Oh I would really love to!:wub2:

And you should come to Sweden, he may come back to Stockholm, he has already been here twice and he said he loved this cold country and was excited by the snow! Poor guy!:naughty:

Before I liked Mika, I barely was on my computer.

It's not really that I'm posting here the whole day and night, but I definitely spend a LOT more time on my computer now. I always want to be up to date when it comes to Meeks. :blush-anim-cl:

But unfortunately I just don't have the time to be on the MFC constanly.

I'm the goal keeper off my fieldhockeyteam. And we're actually on quite a high level, so I'm on the hockeyfields like almost every day for training.

I also have a really nice boyfriend, and lots of friends. So I also don't want to lose them ofcourse. :shocked:

So sometimes I wish I could be on my computer for a long time, but too bad, it's not possible with my sports and social life. :thumbdown: (I do like it though. :wink2: )

Before I liked Mika, I barely was on my computer.

It's not really that I'm posting here the whole day and night, but I definitely spend a LOT more time on my computer now. I always want to be up to date when it comes to Meeks. :blush-anim-cl:

But unfortunately I just don't have the time to be on the MFC constanly.

I'm the goal keeper off my fieldhockeyteam. And we're actually on quite a high level, so I'm on the hockeyfields like almost every day for training.

I also have a really nice boyfriend, and lots of friends. So I also don't want to lose them ofcourse. :shocked:

So sometimes I wish I could be on my computer for a long time, but too bad, it's not possible with my sports and social life. :thumbdown: (I do like it though. :wink2: )

GASP *points*

LOOK EVERYONE! THIS MFC'ER HAS A LIFE!!

:bow:

There was a time I visited the mfc way too much. I was on the computer a lot, also visited other forums, graphic challenge types of things, did a lot of photoshop, a lot of msn... I don't really remember what I did before, mind you it has been over two years!!:naughty:

But now I have a better balance I think :wink2: I found other ways to pass my days/nights :D Meeting friends, going to university when I feel like it :fisch:, shopping, going to the parc, reading, playing the piano... but I still like the wonderous world of the internet though :wink2: Oh and I have to add, before Mika I didn't go to concerts that much... Rarely is the word. I would never have guessed I'd even go to multiple gigs of the same artist :)

Edited by Droopsy

Before MFC errrr .... *thinks*

Well i remember trying for an account for at least 5 months :roftl: And when i finally got on, the site confused me :P

But now i can't get off it and im usually moaned at for spending too much time on the laptop. I LOVE IT HERE!

Now, before Mika... hmmmmm. I was really really shy - yes really! And I preffered being alone. I still do now but I'm much more flamboyant and i've learned to be unique in what i wear (I never wore anything bright before Mika). I'm still not interested in having lots of friends cos' I've got so many on here :D

it is really borring :bored: i was tepical employee from the home to the work and vs

no frind never fit in so i was angry all the time :starwars: hate everye body ... and depresed :sad: nothing worth any thing ...

then one day my sister told me that she saw a new singer in TV and you have to see him , he is trully intertainer .. his name is mika... and i said " what kind of a naim is that " :annoyed_h4h: , then i search for him in YT i found the uk gig he was singing " love today" wearing the green pant and jaket with many pictures i liked it and i liked the way he talk to the audance and his :band:

and while i was watshing i felt that he is very clouse to me.

and from then i became obsest with him ... but in a good way of course .

i saw all his videos in YT and while watshing his interviewas , i notes that i know this gay and i even finsh his sentences.

so i took a promess to my silfe that i will support this guy till for ever :huglove: ....

he is like my sole mate or somthing .. no really there is alot of commen thing with him...

what a story....

it is really borring i was tepical employee from the home to the work and vs

no frind never fit in so i was angry all the time :starwars: hate everye body ... and depresed nothing worth any thing ...

then one day my sister told me that she saw a new singer in TV and you have to see him , he is trully intertainer .. his name is mika... and i said " what kind of a naim is that " :annoyed_h4h: , then i search for him in YT i found the uk gig he was singing " love today" wearing the green pant and jaket with many pictures i liked it and i liked the way he talk to the audance and his band

and while i was watshing i felt that he is very clouse to me.

and from then i became obsest with him ... but in a good way of course .

i saw all his videos in YT and while watshing his interviewas , i notes that i know this gay and i even finsh his sentences.

so i took a promess to my silfe that i will support this guy till for ever :huglove: ....

he is like my sole mate or somthing .. no really there is alot of commen thing with him...

what a story....

so sweet :huglove:

this made me LOL : his name is mika... and i said " what kind of a naim is that " :annoyed_h4h:

:roftl::roftl: