Go To MikaSounds! - Blog Updates Thread (Part 6)

Fmbm

Ok, on second thoughts, I think that I can understand why he won't/can't do a release of it, or snippet for the fans or whatever, anything other than what he is doing....If he puts the music up anywhere, it will immediately get copied/downloaded/passed around, and we're talking of new songs here that are possibly not even finished, and certainly not going to be released yet.

It's sad, but remember what happened with the PDP DVD trailer: the minute it was posted as a preview for the fans, some fecker had to go and post it on YT before Mika himself posted it for general viewing on his site. These things WILL always happen, so I guess that, even though it saddens that we don't get a pre-listen ourselves, I can understand that he's not doing it.

The logistics of it just wouldn't work, would they? How do you let people have a listen, without streaming it or posting it somewhere? And anything posted anywhere can be copied, so the only effective way for them to control it, is to physically just limit it to people who listen to it in person.

Sad, but real :thumbdown:.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, on second thoughts, I think that I can understand why he won't/can't do a release of it, or snippet for the fans or whatever, anything other than what he is doing....If he puts the music up anywhere, it will immediately get copied/downloaded/passed around, and we're talking of new songs here that are possibly not even finished, and certainly not going to be released yet.

It's sad, but remember what happened with the PDP DVD trailer: the minute it was posted as a preview for the fans, some fecker had to go and post it on YT before Mika himself posted it for general viewing on his site. These things WILL always happen, so I guess that, even though it saddens that we don't get a pre-listen ourselves, I can understand that he's not doing it.

The logistics of it just wouldn't work, would they? How do you let people have a listen, without streaming it or posting it somewhere? And anything posted anywhere can be copied, so the only effective way for them to control it, is to physically just limit it to people who listen to it in person.

This is exactly what I was thinking..

I can understand that side of it too. :sad:

But, that also gives us the solution to the problem. He must perform these acoustic gigs now. To MFCers. All around the world. :fisch:

And, if we don't drool evenly out of both sides of our mouths then it shouldn't get put on the album.

I like it when he tests it on the street

its special I think

its like old times

for me..mika's music is so beautiful and precious...I think it should be kept secret until the time is needed,,like a diamond or emerald deep from inside a stone

in fact what we need are DATES!:wink2:

and not the music....as sara says, we may be very dangerous!:naughty:

but new dates to think about, and dream....:mf_lustslow:

in the end, i'm jealous of those people/animals...but i can understand.....

BUT NOT WAIT TOO LONG!:sneaky2:

I like it when he tests it on the street

its special I think

its like old times

for me..mika's music is so beautiful and precious...I think it should be kept secret until the time is needed,,like a diamond or emerald deep from inside a stone

Ok, so how does your 'I like it when he tests it on the street' statement tie up with the 'mika's music is so beautiful and precious...I think it should be kept secret until the time is needed' part of it? :crybaby:

I like Kelzy's plan: I'm all for it. Come on Meeks, give us those frigging acoustic dates :mf_lustslow:

You bring up very valid points there, it's a shame though, as I think we as the fans should get first crack at listening to the snippets.

But I guess, it's his baby, he can do what he wants with it.

in fact what we need are DATES!

and not the music....as sara says, we may be very dangerous!:naughty:

but new dates to think about, and dream....

in the end, i'm jealous of those people/animals...but i can understand.....

BUT NOT WAIT TOO LONG!:sneaky2:

Ok, so I agree with the dates statement (as everyone and their dog would know by now) but I when I posted that, I wasn't including myself in the 'dangerous' category :naughty:.

I for one am very discreet and know very well what I can or can't unveil :thumb_yello::naughty:

You bring up very valid points there, it's a shame though, as I think we as the fans should get first crack at listening to the snippets.

But I guess, it's his baby, he can do what he wants with it.

Yeah me too, but there are always people who don't respect the wishes and spread it around, as some has said already. It's a shame.

Ok, so I agree with the dates statement (as everyone and their dog would know by now) but I when I posted that, I wasn't including myself in the 'dangerous' category :naughty:.

I for one am very discreet and know very well what I can or can't unveil :thumb_yello::naughty:

oh dear!:naughty:

me neither!

:naughty:

just the category at large..............:naughty:

and he cannot pick up ppl from the category...so he'd better play his music to seagulls!:naughty:

Yes I agree about that. He couldn't put even one song on his site without it being downloaded and posted on You Tube. It's a shame, but I understand why e's being secretive. All I would like from him at the moment is, some indication of when and where he is touring, and a deffinate date for the release of his album. That's all I want... SO COME ON MIKA, PLEASE TELL US SOMETHING!!!!!!!

have ya seen the new blog?????????????

why a street test when he could test it on us???????????????????????

Isn't it obvious, even apart from the downloading/spreading problem?

We're not exactly objective towards whatever he will come up with.

Having people listen to and evaluate his stuff, who possibly don't even know he wrote GK, let alone never got to listen to that one at all, is a much better indicator of what might work for the rank and file.

As a testing ground MFC would be about one of the least suitable places IMO.

Edited by violet_sky

I couldn't agree more, especially if people are offering their opinions directly to Mika. Even the most critical of us would be wary to slight Da Mastah to his face. And there is a very loud contingent who think you're a "bad fan" if you don't praise him at all times in order to show your support. And there are always those who just like anything Mika does because it's Mika.

Isn't it obvious, even apart from the downloading/spreading problem?

We're not exactly objective towards whatever he will come up with.

Having people listen to and evaluate his stuff, who possibly don't even know he wrote GK, let alone never got to listen to that one at all, is a much better indicator of what might work for the rank and file.

What, you mean after all the invaluable feedback about Rain? Or maybe he didn't like it, and he's making his point this way :naughty:

i`ve just checked the new blog.. it`s nice to know he`s already testing his music in human beings :naughty:

I couldn't agree more, especially if people are offering their opinions directly to Mika. Even the most critical of us would be wary to slight Da Mastah to his face. And there is a very loud contingent who think you're a "bad fan" if you don't praise him at all times in order to show your support. And there are always those who just like anything Mika does because it's Mika.

Mika is not perfect.. he`s human! maybe sometimes i forgot that but he makes mistakes like everyone and not everything he does is perfect... i`m the type of fan who support him if i think it`s right.. for example his music, if he starts singing like 50 cent i`ll be dissapointed :bleh:

What, you mean after all the invaluable feedback about Rain? Or maybe he didn't like it, and he's making his point this way :naughty:

:roftl: That's negligible. Wasn't that just Kata? :bleh:

I prefer Rain to the Relax Rave any day of the week, btw. :wub2:

Some comments on Rain were a bit TOO honest, if you know what I mean.:naughty:

yes :bleh:

if you express your opinion properly without offending the rest of the people, it`s fine for me.. but respect is something important

i like rain.. perhaps the chrous is too repetive for me :naughty:

i want to listen the studio version :bleh:

I mostly agree with violet_sky and Christine's posts.

The idea isn't to run new things by people that may have come to expect a particular sound from him - and then will inevitably compare the new to what they are familiar with.

One of the ideas is to play these new sounds to "fresh" ears; those without any preconceived ideas of how his music should sound. Thus the raw reactions (seagulls included). seagullmo1.gif

Edited by titania

I mostly agree with violet_sky and Christine's posts.

The idea isn't to run new things by people that may have come to expect a particular sound from him - and then will inevitably compare the new to what they are familiar with.

One of the ideas is to play these new sounds to "fresh" ears; those without any preconceived ideas of how his music should sound. Thus the raw reactions (seagulls included). seagullmo1.gif

I love that smilie :roftl:

And you make an excellent point :thumb_yello: