Go To MikaSounds! - Blog Updates Thread (Part 6)

Fmbm

may i vent in here hoping dear mika will never read?:sneaky2:

i'm totally fed up with comics, new or old!

i'm not going to bear one more comics by mika in his blogs!

i don't want to know about all possible early '900 comics!

i'm done with comics mika, done!!!!!

ok, better now

*puts on mod hat again and behaves*

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm ...*consults Wikipedia*

"Gallhammer is a Japanese extreme metal group that draws on black metal, doom metal, and crust punk. They formed in Tokyo in 2003. All of the members are female, which is rare in their genre.

Band members

* Vivian Slaughter - vocals, bass

* Mika Penetrator - guitar, vocals

* Risa Reaper - drums, vocals

"

LOL :lol3: Mika Penetrator ... that's tough. :lmfao:

It's just hit me, it's Lilihammmer that's the ski resort.

I knew it had hammer in the name, ha ha!

ok, better now

:lmfao: nice to see a good vent from you!

I am not really interested in art at all or comics (except Bunty) or childish toys. I do appreciate that Mika is and it's his blog, but I reserve the right to be bored out of my brain with it and to say so......

What made me really laugh about this blog though, was Danika ranting about it, and Danika loves art and all things arty. :lmfao:

Edited by babspanky

ok, better now

Sorry Robi, I love the comicblogs, discovering comics I've never heard of, maybe rediscovering ones I haven't seen in years.

I love comics, old and new guess it's the big kid in me! LOL!!!

ok, better now

:wink2: Know how you feel, Robi. Some of the stuff is not even good within its genre.

I can understand that Mika likes cartoonish comic stuff, but there are some brilliant illustrators out there whose work has genuine artistic merit.

ok, better now

:lol3: I enjoyed it.

I'm not particularly into the comics section of his art blogs, though. Those scans of Captain Nemo and Tintin are not the sort of blog I enjoy most. But each to their own (may I say that?).

And I have a feeling that our craving for musical news will be satisfied sooner than we think. That last blog really picked me up where I was standing, so, I think I can even do with further BB or X-Factor or whatever blogs if necessary, as I know one day there'll be some art related blog again, or a whereintheworld kind of thing, or even some questions being answered - or - a foretaste of the new album. :das:

Happy anticipation :thumb_yello:

Ahh, Lillehammer, yes that sounds familiar, even for a non sports watcher like me. :roftl:

ok, better now

:lmao:

Sorry!:huglove:

Even a mod has the right to speak their mind I hope!

It's in Norway!:thumb_yello:

Sorry Robi, I love the comicblogs, discovering comics I've never heard of, maybe rediscovering ones I haven't seen in years.

I love comics, old and new guess it's the big kid in me! LOL!!!

Me too- and all the modern art stuff.

But when it comes to music recommendations- no!

Which is odd- I like Mika's music, and presumably Mika likes Mika's music, so there's some sort of shared taste- but when he recommends or uses an artist I dutifully follow the link- and almost always cross them off my list of people I'm interested in hearing. (Fleet Foxes are the exception.) He seems to like the sort of gloomy singer-songwriters he's so proud of not being like

Weird

Which is odd- I like Mika's music, and presumably Mika likes Mika's music, so there's some sort of shared taste- but when he recommends or uses an artist I dutifully follow the link- and almost always cross them off my list of people I'm interested in hearing. (Fleet Foxes are the exception.) He seems to like the sort of gloomy singer-songwriters he's so proud of not being like

Weird

Beirut, the Ting Tings and MGMT are gloomy too?:blink:

Weird

I like Mika's music. I like Queen's music. After that, I'm not bothered about any other "pop" (in the broadest sense of the word) music at all. Wouldn't cross the road to hear it :no: If I bother to follow Mika's (or any other MFCer's) recommendation to hear something new, I hardly last 60 seconds before getting bored and switching off.

Would rather listen to obscure classical music instead. I'm very odd. :mf_rosetinted:

Beirut, the Ting Tings and MGMT are gloomy too?:blink:

BEirut- yup! (I'm surprised you think otherwise) I thought he was good but not suitable for a commute

MGMT- OK you might have a point, but I'm not keen.

I missed his plugging the Ting Tings- but again, though I liked them at first, )and they're the opposite of gloomy) I found they got a bit samey. "Distinctive style" marks= 100%. "Want to hear a whole album?" marks= 25% ish IMO.

Rufus? Gloomy

Beck? Gloomy

(Fleet Foxes gloomy but brilliant)

Gonlandic Edit/Exit gloomy (on the album Mika plugged)

PLEA TO MIKA- TELL US ABOUT BOOKS

ddi we have a tin tin blog..? I must have missed it.. :blink:

as I posted above, I didn't particularly like all the blogs about modern video artists, but I have always like those vintage illustrations (they are not comics.. :wink2:), so that hit a soft spot for me.

could care less for the BB thing.

but I suppose that being in a free world, thx goodness, to each one his/her own, which is always grand. :thumb_yello:

the whole seagull blog was -for ex.- pretty much pointless to me, if not for the info over the fact some new music is out for few selected lucky chaps..ehm birds. :blink:

: do that! Greg will have a good laugh.

I never played those giant church organ things, I had something we call a home organ (God, the word alone sounds so outmoded ) needing power from the grid, so, no pedalling there...

I wish my parents had made me play piano instead, but what do you know when you're eight years old... :

I think more or less all of us played organ at some point. :bleh: myself too, even if I have never been that much of a musician. like someone wrote, it's alwas been a cheaper, smaller (in terms of dimension) substitute for a piano (at least in the beginning) and it gave you the sorta of idea of learning how to play piano. :thumb_yello:

may i vent in here hoping dear mika will never read?:

ok, better now

I enjoyed it.

I'm not particularly into the comics section of his art blogs, though. Those scans of Captain Nemo and Tintin are not the sort of blog I enjoy most. But each to their own (may I say that?).

And I have a feeling that our craving for musical news will be satisfied sooner than we think. That last blog really picked me up where I was standing, so, I think I can even do with further BB or X-Factor or whatever blogs if necessary, as I know one day there'll be some art related blog again, or a whereintheworld kind of thing, or even some questions being answered - or - a foretaste of the new album. :das:

Happy anticipation

Ahh, Lillehammer, yes that sounds familiar, even for a non sports watcher like me. :

I like Mika's music. I like Queen's music. After that, I'm not bothered about any other "pop" (in the broadest sense of the word) music at all. Wouldn't cross the road to hear it :no: If I bother to follow Mika's (or any other MFCer's) recommendation to hear something new, I hardly last 60 seconds before getting bored and switching off.

Would rather listen to obscure classical music instead. I'm very odd. :mf_rosetinted:

Hmmm Mika used to say he liked classical music, didn't he- I can't remember which interview- but never seems to use or mention it now

I like Queen up to about 1980- so I stop liking then where Mika says he starts (yes, I remember Queen right from Seven Seas of Rhye!)

Hmmm Mika used to say he liked classical music, didn't he- I can't remember which interview- but never seems to use or mention it now

I like Queen up to about 1980- so I stop liking then where Mika says he starts (yes, I remember Queen right from Seven Seas of Rhye!)

I remember Queen right from "Keep Yourself Alive".

I like it that Mika shares his current favourite music, but I suspect he soon moves on to something else. As with everything else he does. :mf_rosetinted:

I remember Queen right from "Keep Yourself Alive".

I like it that Mika shares his current favourite music, but I suspect he soon moves on to something else. As with everything else he does. :mf_rosetinted:

Exactly:mf_rosetinted:

you're already complaining about our Lord of the seagulls :fisch:

your punishment will be: to wait for 2 months before the next blog :tongue2:

If that's another quite boringblog about some artist, I would be able to wait:naughty:

:shocked::shocked: you....you...said....wrote.... :stretcher:

Would you prefer a blog about :chkn:? :sneaky2::sneaky2:

We would prefer a blog about what he is doing ... or what he had for breakfast. . .or more stuff from the studio ... maybe bridge bopping on the Golden Gate? ....

Edited by silver
But a chkn blog would be fine