i'm back

DarkLight

i think there's tiny bit of confusion on my i'm leaving thread :blink:

i said on there i was leaving temporarily & that'd i'd probably be back by new year which i am!!!

so here i am back again:punk:

feel free to go off & be miserable now about that:naughty:

you haven't gotten rid of me yet!! hahaha

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think there's tiny bit of confusion on my i'm leaving thread :blink:

It's probably why it'd be better to create goodbye threads when you're really leaving? Really as in for good or for more than a couple of weeks?

Nothing personal, DL, I know a lot of people open goodbye threads when they know they won't log in for a little while, but in all seriousness, this is not the point of this section, or soon people will open a thread to warn they're going to the toilet, and another one to say they're back in front of their computer. And yes, it creates confusion.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but it had to be said.

I'm even more sorry it happens in this thread in particular, again, nothing personal, but the fact you said it created confusion was just the right occasion to remind people not to abuse this kind of threads.

/rant over.

;)

It's probably why it'd be better to create goodbye threads when you're really leaving? Really as in for good or for more than a couple of weeks?

Nothing personal, DL, I know a lot of people open goodbye threads when they know they won't log in for a little while, but in all seriousness, this is not the point of this section, or soon people will open a thread to warn they're going to the toilet, and another one to say they're back in front of their computer. And yes, it creates confusion.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but it had to be said.

I'm even more sorry it happens in this thread in particular, again, nothing personal, but the fact you said it created confusion was just the right occasion to remind people not to abuse this kind of threads.

/rant over.

;)

nope my point was i WAS intending initialy to leave for quite a long while as i was being bullied but a few of my friends persuaded me to stay

so i decided to just leave for a week or so instead!

believe me i fully intended to leave for quite some time but why should i let bullies stop me from being on a site i love being a member of?

nope my point was i WAS intending initialy to leave for quite a long while as i was being bullied but a few of my friends persuaded me to stay

so i decided to just leave for a week or so instead!

believe me i fully intended to leave for quite some time but why should i let bullies stop me from being on a site i love being a member of?

I've been a member for quite a while now, there have been times where I got fed up with this place, especially after an argument or after having been treated in a harsh way by a member, and trust me as mod, it happens quite regularly (I'm mentionning this because you're a candidate, if I ain't mistaking). And yes, out of anger, out of tiredness, I also happened to think it was enough at times, that I would leave and blabla. But such a decision needs to be thought through, and the next morning you usually understand you have far too many friends on this board, and that you have far too much interest in Mika's whereabouts to leave the MFC for good. So before rushing and opening a goodbye thread, before making a dramatic exit, just take a short break away from the computer. It can't do harm, on the contrary. And if a week later you don't miss the MFC, come and say goodbye THEN. Otherwise, I'm afraid people will start not believing anyone who's leaving for real anymore and just think "pfff, another one who'll be back in 2 days".

I've been a member for quite a while now, there have been times where I got fed up with this place, especially after an argument or after having been treated in a harsh way by a member, and trust me as mod, it happens quite regularly (I'm mentionning this because you're a candidate, if I ain't mistaking). And yes, out of anger, out of tiredness, I also happened to think it was enough at times, that I would leave and blabla. But such a decision needs to be thought through, and the next morning you usually understand you have far too many friends on this board, and that you have far too much interest in Mika's whereabouts to leave the MFC for good. So before rushing and opening a goodbye thread, before making a dramatic exit, just take a short break away from the computer. It can't do harm, on the contrary. And if a week later you don't miss the MFC, come and say goodbye THEN. Otherwise, I'm afraid people will start not believing anyone who's leaving for real anymore and just think "pfff, another one who'll be back in 2 days".

Like...the boy who cried wolf? Or whatever.

I already think that. That's why I never reply to goodbye and Im back threads anymore..

i did leave it for a while i also mentioned in that thread that i was quite busy also so wouldn't have time for the mfc

now can you just lay off me for chrissakes i haven't commited a crime or anything:sneaky2:

Edited by DarkLight

C'mon Chantelle, no need to be p***ed off, hun!

Niki just used your thread to try to avoid some excessive use of this kind of threads, the message was not only for you. I think she's right, and as a mod, it's her job to sometimes say the things that we don't like to read. LOL

Welcome back, btw! :huglove: Hope the bullying thing is over now. MFC is definately NOT a place for that kind of stuff! :thumbdown:

That's my point! You don't open such a thread to say you're busy, or that you are going on hols for a week, or whatever. Before being accused being on your back, I will indeed let it go. But again, it was nothing personal and I don't see why I wouldn't be allowed to speak against this sorta threads which annoy everybody. Secondly, for someone who keeps claiming she was bullied, i find it quite ironic you use such a tone with me... Be careful before accusing others of what you do yourself and keep in mind what goes around comes around.

Niki just used your thread to try to avoid some excessive use of this kind of threads, the message was not only for you. I think she's right, and as a mod, it's her job to sometimes say the things that we don't like to read. LOL

Exactly.

DarkLight, in your job application (for the position of moderator on this board) you stated that you've moderated several forums.

Then you of all people should understand that what Niki27 posted is merely her trying to do her job.

I actually thought this was a very nice piece of Advice Niki :huglove: ...

ive also felt this way before , along with many other members ... but i decide to take a break temporarily without going to lengths such as making a thread ...

god knows , this place is a magnet and draws you back eventually anyway, ... (:naughty:) therefore i personally havent seen the point in doing so , and have followed the same advice from myself , which you have just helpfully given out also :)

Edited by mikas_gal07

Could also be put as this: Quit asking for attention if you don't want attention :wink2: Those of us who thought the first thread was ridiculous are not gonna think this one is any better and those who didn't think the first one was stupid obviously already gave you the attention you were seeking since you're still here :mf_rosetinted:

Am I a bully now? Maybe, but I find it quite rude to hint about bullies on a public forum instead of just solving the problem, so I'm slightly offended by your threads and ongoing mentions of the alledged bullying!

i did leave it for a while i also mentioned in that thread that i was quite busy also so wouldn't have time for the mfc

now can you just lay off me for chrissakes i haven't commited a crime or anything:sneaky2:

C'mon Chantelle, no need to be p***ed off, hun!

That's it exactly, Darklight -- Niki wasn't just directing her comments at

you, but using your situation as an example. I think was perfectly good

advice -- and your tone is a bit argumentative and defensive, which

there's no need for.

If you are leaving for a short while - eg holiday - you can leave a message to that effect on your profile page - as a message. Then if friends wonder where you are, they can look at your profile page& see it :thumb_yello:

That's a good idea- though I can't say the "going on hol" threads bother me.

Edited by Soaring Simpson

Could also be put as this: Quit asking for attention if you don't want attention :wink2: Those of us who thought the first thread was ridiculous are not gonna think this one is any better and those who didn't think the first one was stupid obviously already gave you the attention you were seeking since you're still here :mf_rosetinted:

Am I a bully now? Maybe, but I find it quite rude to hint about bullies on a public forum instead of just solving the problem, so I'm slightly offended by your threads and ongoing mentions of the alledged bullying!

Have I ever told you how much I love you?:das: