Congratulations President Obama!

leonita

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in D.C. but frozen in Chicago:naughty:

I started crying when CNN showed him waiting to go out to take his oath...he looked so regal and proud. I’m so happy for him. He’s a wonderful man. Chicago’s known it for longer than everyone else, as you know. :wink2:He’s done such great things for Illinois.

There’s something in his swagger that is ‘Chicago’ and yet we’re not weary of him like some other politicians from here *cough* … He’s got that city boy cool to him.

I remember when he had a book signing at the borders on State St. (was it state?) I wish I would have gone! Man oh man, if I had only known he’d be president three years later. Amazing!

I've been getting emotional all day. I love the man:wub2:

IT'S OFFICIAL--

Clock strikes noon (Eastern time),

making Obama officially the 44th president

Associated Press

Last update: January 20, 2009 - 11:07 AM

WASHINGTON - Barack Hussein Obama is now the nation's 44th president

— and first black chief executive.

Even before he took the oath of office, Obama assumed the country's highest office by mandate of the U.S. Constitution.

The 20th Amendment specifies that the terms of office of the president and vice president "shall end at noon on the 20th day of January ... and the terms of their successors shall then begin."

And so, the transfer of power was complete when the clock struck noon.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/

More about the lead in to it HERE--

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17136

Edited by A. Clay

UGHHHHHHHH I WAS SO PISSED OFF I COULDNT SEE THE INAUGURATION LIVE! I WAS IN SCHOOL AND WE HAVE ALL THESE PLASMA LCD SCREENS ALL OVER THE SCHOOL PLAYING IT AND THEY WERE PLAYING IT IN THE AUDITORIUM AND ALL THE TEACHERS LET THERE STUDENTS GO AND WATCH IT EXCEPT FOR MINE!!!!! AND OF COURSE ITS BECAUSE MY FRENCH TEACHER HATES AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN MY FIRST INAUGURATION I GOT TO WATCH AND UNDERSTAND :tears: but i saw it all on perez hilton when i got home so its all good now!:naughty: THE SPEECH WAS BEAUTIFUL!!! IT WAS TRULLY AMAZING!

lol he's so freakin cool!

Did anyone else catch him doing the hang ten symbol for his Hawaiian High School's marching band???

090120_obama_salute_163.jpg

It was awesome! I may just be odd, but I'm actually kinda crushing on him:blush-anim-cl:

barack_obama-5-1.jpg

He's so youthful and vibrant in a way I've never seen in a president. I saw him bopping around during the parade, he's just so cool:mf_lustslow:

The PREZ looks fine in white tie and his lady in white ball gown.

Will post pic when I can find one.

At the NEIGHBORHOOD BALL (ABC-TV!)

First dance to "AT LAST."

Edited by A. Clay

LOVE michelle's dress! I think she chose the Marc Jacobs, it looks just like the sketch.:blush-anim-cl:

And Barack Obama dancing....it's simply wonderful to see that:punk:

Here's a pic-

r805168314.jpg

Edited by A. Clay

LOVE michelle's dress! I think she chose the Marc Jacobs, it looks just like the sketch.:blush-anim-cl:

And Barack Obama dancing....it's simply wonderful to see that:punk:

Apparently the dress designer is 26-year-old Jason Wu.

Edited by A. Clay

barack_obama-5-1.jpg

He's so youthful and vibrant in a way I've never seen in a president. I saw him bopping around during the parade, he's just so cool:mf_lustslow:

Oh yes! He's got this charisma that make you go :cheerful_h4h: just by looking at him.

aw wow! I was so set on seeing her in marc jacobs or zac posen, because they're my favs but I'm happy to hear she chose someone relatively new and unknown. That's very cool of her. :blush-anim-cl:

2009_01_20t233324_325x450_us_obama.jpg

JASON_WU2.jpg

Check out the designer's web site:

He has very interesting background/training.

Edited by A. Clay