• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You said the same thing about being good at getting to the front in between people. I found it a bit surprising so it stuck in my mind. I can't find you the quote because frankly, I can't be bothered to go searching for it in the middle of your thousands of posts :naughty:. But you did say it.

What type of person do I think you are? I don't know, I honestly don't. We've never really had a 'conversation' and we haven't been around the same threads, so I wouldn't know. Same as you wouldn't know what I am like :wink2:.

That is why I am taking your comments at face value, and asking for clarification in what I don't think I understood. That is the problem with non face to face communication: it's hard to know what people mean, or what they are like.

I did read your comments and said that what happened to you was terrible......So, if this is all clarified now, maybe we can let it go? Both sides have been heard, etc... Unless you have something else to add :original:

]

Altough I still can't happen to remember saying anything about it,even if I did say it was in the same way I said this.. if someone punches me out of the queue I punch them back and tell them off, because I find it nasty and unpolite.

I agree,then maybe we better have some conversations and explanations before jumping to conclusions like this,don't you think? :wink2: I'm sure we could work it out normally, like with other people. :naughty:

Of course not, but at least with seats, you can have a rest in the middle.

Christine was telling me about an Adele gig they went to, where they turned up about 6pm had wine and canapes in the foyer, went inside to large comfy seats, and were out to go to dinner by 9pm ! Now that sounds really civilised! :naughty:

Yeah, that sounds like heaven. None of this mad queuing and rushing and squashing for the front :roftl:.

Exactly... like I said it's a question of mentality I'm afraid. I've done standing gigs in average venues where I could go for a pee in the middle of the act and get back front row without anyone trying to steal my spot. Oh wait, I did that at a 10 000 people festival this summer... and I've also done much smaller gigs where the pushing was insane and people would have walked on your dead body to get front...

Yes, but you have to agree with me that many Mika fans can be a lot more vicious than others :naughty:.

In any case, like Bab said: how is it fairer that only the ones who can physically run for the front and stand for hours, can EVER get to the front?

Also, theatre goers have been following the 'allocating better seats by how fast you click' for many years and nobody has yet to find a problem with the system...same with seated gigs at arenas, etc (inside the same price category) ..

Or, if you want to avoid that potential 'problem' that you see with allocation of seats, one can have higher prices for the front. That is often how arenas work: the closer, the more expensive.

Everyone knows that this is the way it works, everyone accepts it, and that is that :original:

Well, to me it seems easy: specific 'disabled' places where there are no visibility problems if the other people stand up.I know that venues usually cater for this, no?

That is like asking' how long is a piece of string' :roftl:. It depends on the venue of course.

RE the fairness of it and the potential fights: how is it fairer to get a certain position for queuing a certain amount of hours, than for clicking the button faster or getting to the site faster, etc...?

More random perhaps, but fair?

That is the standard way in which all seated tickets get allocated: on a first come, first served (online) basis. whoever gets there first, gets the better position.

And once everyone has their position, there is no fighting as everyone has what they have, fullstop.

Again, it all depends on the venue, some are totally behind regarding spots for disabled people, shame :thumbdown:

And european venues which organize seated gigs are usually quite small --> not so many people front row. At least when you queue, only the most devoted get front, not the ones who clicked faster or got lucky. But again, no system will satisfy everyone... I'm pro standing gigs because that's what I like, if I want to be comfy and quiet and all that, I can watch the dvds in my sofa :naughty: It's just a matter of taste.

Of course not, but at least with seats, you can have a rest in the middle.

Hi Sarah!:bye: Christine was telling me about an Adele gig they went to, where they turned up about 6pm had wine and canapes in the foyer, went inside to large comfy seats, and were out to go to dinner by 9pm ! Now that sounds really civilised! :naughty:

And I can tell you of a gig where we queued on sofas with the waiter offering us drinks, a gig which was followed by an unexpected afterparty :wub2: BUT these gigs, altho ideal, happen quite rarely :wink2:

Hi there Avoca!:thumb_yello:

I was thinking of you only yesterday because I'm finally getting around to having the best of my digital photos printed.

It's taking me ages because I have 9 years worth to sort through, but yesterday I was looking at the Big Chill photos. There are a few good ones there!

:bleh: awww.. we had a good time, despite everything, didn't we ? :thumb_yello:

it's the ones you emailed me in past, right?

off bed, everyone. another long day tomorrow. :wink2:

:bleh: awww.. we had a good time, despite everything, didn't we ? :thumb_yello:

it's the ones you emailed me in past, right?

off bed, everyone. another long day tomorrow. :wink2:

Yes, it was good despite the unmentionable!

They are the photos that I emailed you. -They still make me smile now.

Night night Avoca,

x

Exactly... like I said it's a question of mentality I'm afraid. I've done standing gigs in average venues where I could go for a pee in the middle of the act and get back front row without anyone trying to steal my spot. Oh wait, I did that at a 10 000 people festival this summer... and I've also done much smaller gigs where the pushing was insane and people would have walked on your dead body to get front...

I know what you mean. But I think it depends on the venue,I think that people aren't afraid for their spot when the venue's big,because it's a big place. And opposite,when there's a small venue people are afraid for their place because there isn't much of the space. And therefore,they're not relaxed and are always suspecting someone would go and take their seat.

I've never even heard of Tokio Hotel ... is that a good thing :boing:

210_tokioHotel18.jpg

What do you think? :naughty:

Again, it all depends on the venue, some are totally behind regarding spots for disabled people, shame :thumbdown:

And european venues which organize seated gigs are usually quite small --> not so many people front row. At least when you queue, only the most devoted get front, not the ones who clicked faster or got lucky. But again, no system will satisfy everyone... I'm pro standing gigs because that's what I like, if I want to be comfy and quiet and all that, I can watch the dvds in my sofa :naughty: It's just a matter of taste.

I have to disagree with you most strongly here. You might class devoted as being able to queue for hours, but for some people your definition of devoted would mean to queue for hours and be in a lot of pain. How is that fair?

And does it mean that only fit people can be devoted fans?

Yes, but you have to agree with me that many Mika fans can be a lot more vicious than others :naughty:.

In any case, like Bab said: how is it fairer that only the ones who can physically run for the front and stand for hours, can EVER get to the front?

Also, theatre goers have been following the 'allocating better seats by how fast you click' for many years and nobody has yet to find a problem with the system...same with seated gigs at arenas, etc (inside the same price category) ..

Or, if you want to avoid that potential 'problem' that you see with allocation of seats, one can have higher prices for the front. That is often how arenas work: the closer, the more expensive.

Everyone knows that this is the way it works, everyone accepts it, and that is that :original:

That's what I've been insinuating for a while now, Sara, I was just trying to be diplomatic :naughty:

And no, I'm sorry, not everybody accepts it. I don't, I know many people who don't and refuse to go to such gigs, it's also why such seated gigs ain't so common in my country, at least. Money shouldn't be a factor. I know it sucks not to be able to be fast enough to get front too, don't get me wrong, but more people have a chance, it's fairer, imo. Once again, if people didn't act so individually at gigs, we could save spots for friends who get delayed, but do we ?

And european venues which organize seated gigs are usually quite small --> not so many people front row.

At least when you queue, only the most devoted get front, not the ones who clicked faster or got lucky. But again, no system will satisfy everyone... I'm pro standing gigs because that's what I like, if I want to be comfy and quiet and all that, I can watch the dvds in my sofa :naughty: It's just a matter of taste.

You are right, some venues have pathetic disabled arrangements, but as Wendi will tell you, it happens when they are standing as well.

Re european venues, etc: most largeish places can set up floor 'seating'. You even get that at the O2 arena in London, depending on the artist that is playing.

And let me tell you, that front row takes A LOOOT of people :punk:.

What you say about 'the most devoted get front row': I beg to differ. Many very devoted fans never get to the front due to other impediments, or simply because they can't take the time off work for example to go and queue as early as the supposedly 'more devoted' ones.

It's just equally a matter of luck.

I know what you mean. But I think it depends on the venue,I think that people aren't afraid for their spot when the venue's big,because it's a big place. And opposite,when there's a small venue people are afraid for their place because there isn't much of the space. And therefore,they're not relaxed and are always suspecting someone would go and take their seat.

210_tokioHotel18.jpg

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

You are not serious ..... :roftl:

I'm lost for words .... that Is actually a band :naughty:

Laurel, you should be thanful.. BELIEVE ME.:naughty::naughty:

210_tokioHotel18.jpg

Well, but in larger venues, if people get behind, they can't see anything towards the stage and there's little connection to it too...:thumbdown:

That's what I've been insinuating for a while now, Sara, I was just trying to be diplomatic :naughty:

And no, I'm sorry, not everybody accepts it. I don't, I know many people who don't and refuse to go to such gigs, it's also why such seated gigs ain't so common in my country, at least. Money shouldn't be a factor. I know it sucks not to be able to be fast enough to get front too, don't get me wrong, but more people have a chance, it's fairer, imo. Once again, if people didn't act so individually at gigs, we could save spots for friends who get delayed, but do we ?

I can accept that your personal preference is a standing gig, and to be honest so is mine, BUT when it comes to looking at all the issues that surround these gigs, I have to go for the allocated seating option.

You say 'money shouldn't be a factor'- I say: queueing is all about having the time to do it.

Time=money

If I take a day off work to stand there queuing all day, I am losing a lot of money, so I don't think that the argument can stand.

Luckily I can get to the front if I need to, I am fast, and fit to stand and wait in the queue for a whole day, but it's a matter of wanting to, and of others not being able to do this. And this, imo is not fair.

Not 'more' have a chance: just a certain segment of the population. Ie , young healthy ones with plenty of time in their hands.

How is that fairer?

Saving of spots- :blink: Are you kidding me? :naughty: Of course I find that unfair. If everyone standing in front of you wanted so save a spot for a friend, how fair would that be?

You are there or you aren't. Fullstop. Saving spots for friends is very selfish imo as it's highly offensive and unfair to the others who have been queueing.

Laurel, you should be thanful.. BELIEVE ME.:naughty::naughty:

Well, but in larger venues, if people get behind, they can't see anything towards the stage and there's little connection to it too...:thumbdown:

Yes,that can be a case as well. Gratefully I haven't experienced anything like that till now :bleh:

But again,I think it depends on a venue and mostly of people's luck.

I have to disagree with you most strongly here. You might class devoted as being able to queue for hours, but for some people your definition of devoted would mean to queue for hours and be in a lot of pain. How is that fair?

And does it mean that only fit people can be devoted fans?

I meant it the other way round: non devoted fans - those who dont really care about the artist - will have no chance, it excludes them somehow. As I said, no system is perfect, and I understand what you mean about people not being able to stand up for hours for whatever reason altho they are just as devoted as the rest. What I meant was: if it just takes a click, there's no guarantee someone who doesn't give a damn and just wants to see what a Mika show is like outta curiosity wont be faster on the press button.

I meant it the other way round: non devoted fans - those who dont really care about the artist - will have no chance, it excludes them somehow. As I said, no system is perfect, and I understand what you mean about people not being able to stand up for hours for whatever reason altho they are just as devoted as the rest. What I meant was: if it just takes a click, there's no guarantee someone who doesn't give a damn and just wants to see what a Mika show is like outta curiosity wont be faster on the press button.

Erm....H e l l o o o o o :naughty: Hence where the pre-sales come in.

Presales for fans: devoted ones get the front, issue resolved :thumb_yello:.

Saving of spots- :blink: Are you kidding me? :naughty: Of course I find that unfair. If everyone standing in front of you wanted so save a spot for a friend, how fair would that be?

You are there or you aren't. Fullstop. Saving spots for friends is very selfish imo as it's highly offensive and unfair to the others who have been queueing.

I meant save a spot for the people who have been disadvantaged by the running and have queued just as long outside, obviously.

I agree. But that's where a good presale system for fanclub members only comes in.

I hope they are considering this seriously.