suzie

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Different party!!

Prince's "The Purple Party" For LotusFlow3r.com - Red Carpet

HOLLYWOOD - FEBRUARY 22: Singer Mika arrives at Prince's 'The Purple Party' for LotusFlow3r.com held at Avalon on February 22, 2009 in Hollywood, California.

Prince: I Didn't Know I Was Throwing an Oscar Party!

WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 18, 2009

Prince arrives at the premiere of "The Bourne Ultimatum" on August 15, 2007 in London, England.

Prince didn't know he was having an Oscar party -- until he read about it in the papers.

The singer was in the middle of band rehearsals when he saw a story that claimed he was throwing "the Oscar bash of the century."

Take a look back at some of the most memorable moments in Oscars history.

The musician finally decided to host an Academy Awards bash after Marion Cotillard -- who won last year's Oscar for Bestt Actress for her portrayal of a French singer in La Vie en Rose -- called to RSVP to "the Purple Party."

See photos from the last year's Academy Award after-parties.

Not only will Prince host, but he will also be allowing a film crew to record the whole event for release on his upcoming website, LotusFlow3r.com.

The party will take place after the awards ceremony this Sunday.

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/prince-i-didnt-know-i-was-throwing-an-oscar-party

----------------

Prince to allow crew to film his Oscar party

Prince

Purple One will release footage on his new website

Feb 19, 2009

Prince is throwing a massive Oscar party on Sunday night (February 22), and he is allowing a camera crew to film the festivities for his website.

The notoriously reclusive Purple One reportedly decided to throw the bash after French actress Marion Cotillard called to RSVP to a party he was supposedly throwing.

Apparently when Prince heard he was rumoured to be hosting the party, he decided to make if official and planned a bash.

According to usmagazine, Prince will release the footage from the party on his website LotusFlow3r.com .

--By our New York staff.

http://www.nme.com/news/prince/42889

This one made me LOL - Trousers look a bit tight around the Arse the way he's stood :roftl:

OMG that reminded me so much of the Tartan Trousers....who remembers that??!! Classic!! Where are Leigh and girlintheblue these days anyway?? :boxed:

OMG that reminded me so much of the Tartan Trousers....who remembers that??!! Classic!! Where are Leigh and girlintheblue these days anyway?? :boxed:

I remember !!! :roftl: Wendi and Kath contributed too !! :naughty: Class !

I expect many will be back when the album is released , i miss many Vintage Mfc'ers :wub2::naughty:

:mf_lustslow: Mika in a purple Prince party?!

:wub2:

That man looks so good in a suit.

I still can't believe he was at the Oscar party, My Mam told me to look out for a tall curly haired man when we watched The Oscars red carpet. But I told her he's probably not there...but in a way he was...how weird!

last year:

Prince's purple party

By BANG Showbiz

February 26 2008

Prince insisted all his guests wore purple to his post-Oscars party on Sunday (24.02.08).

The 'Purple Rain' singer - who held the £200,000 bash at his £10 million Los Angeles mansion - told stars including George Clooney, Johnny Depp and James McAvoy they must don the colour inorder to enjoy purple-coloured snacks and Purple Rain cocktails.

A source said: "Purple has always been Prince's favourite colour. He decided the guests must wear something purple. All the drinks and food were purple and the house was given a purple makeover."

Prince's sensuous party was in sharp contrast to Madonna's post-awards bash.

Her guests, who included Jack Nicholson and John Travolta, were given a wheat and diary-free macrobiotic dinner.

The health-conscious singer had flown catering staff from London to prepare the main meal of steamed seabass.

After eating, Madonna took to the dancefloor, and urged her guests to follow her example.

The mother-of-two partied the night away until 4am, but just three hours later she had to turn up for jury duty at the Beverly Hills courthouse.

Although she didn't get picked for any of yesterday's (25.02.08) cases, she was overheard saying she only "got three hours sleep last night."

A source added: "She was exhausted."

http://www.askmen.com/celebs/entertainment-news/prince/princes-purple-party.html