Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread

Fmbm

Now a tease from Perez:

perezhilton @mikasounds It's getting close to crunch time!!!! New music from Mika, coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

about 1 hour ago from web in reply to mikasounds

I hope Perez's definition of "soon" is more reliable than Mika's :naughty:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope Perez's definition of "soon" is more reliable than Mika's :naughty:

Most definitely. However, new music does not mean the album.. first only the single, but in this case it is likely to be another preview again, I guess, as I do not think the album is coming out before September. He hasn't even finished it properly -That's the reason why he flew there, isn't it.

hi punky! when you see a message that you would like to reply to, on the box of that message, to the right, if you pass your mouse over slowly, a star & an arrow will appear. all you have to do is click on the arrow and at the top of the page a "@myfriend" will appear in a box. you just type your message in there and click reply after.

i hope this helps you! :wink2:[/QUOT E]

Thanks for help Catherine x

>>Back in LA. Didn't close my eyes that whole flight, just ate the whole time. Photo shoot tomorrow. I think I'll go nap on the beach.<<

Awwwwwwwww, poor guy :wub2:

Looking forward to that photoshooting :thumb_yello:

Most definitely. However, new music does not mean the album.. first only the single, but in this case it is likely to be another preview again, I guess, as I do not think the album is coming out before September. He hasn't even finished it properly -That's the reason why he flew there, isn't it.

Thank God for the voice of reason. :wink2:

this is a quote from the killer's lead singer; Flowers has said that the band has not chosen to communicate with their fans through social networking. He told Billboard magazine "I don't think we try to be mysterious on purpose, but most of this blogging and twittering doesn't make a lot of sense to me."

what do you guys think of this? would you rather mika was like this, or was like he is now? just out of general curiosity.

I’ve been here for a along time, look at my join date!:naughty:

And I can assure everyone that this communicating Mika does now is so much more fun than the long periods we had before, several times, when we didn’t know anything about his whereabouts, if he was dead or alive, if he maybe was in India going all “yoga”,:naughty: if he even had ambitions to continue to make/write music!:boxed:

This is so much more fun and I think is one of the reasons this fan club is still running!:wub2:

So thanks Mika for your good humour and all the sweet tweets, and blogs too of course, keep it up and you will have an army of faithful fans the day you decide to start touring again!:wub2:

I think mika twittering is cool....I love reading his little tweets:wub2:

So do I, they are lovely!:wub2:

National Watermelon Face Day...(again)

square-watermelon.gif

I've been sleeping for so long

Forgot the sunscreen but carried on

But now

But now

My skin turned red

All my body's gonna hurt today

hurt today

hurt today

At the photoshooting all i'll do is pray

and won't be able to stay

at least for today

Mamma,Mamma Pappa smear smear me!

Edited by willywonka

National Watermelon Face Day...(again)

food_004t.gif

I've been sleeping for so long

Forgot the sunscreen just carry on

But now

But now

My skin turned red

All my body's gonna hurt today

hurt today

hurt today

At the photoshooting all i'll do is pray

and won't be able to stay

at least for today

Mamma,Mamma Pappa smear smear me!

:lmfao::lmfao:

this is a quote from the killer's lead singer; Flowers has said that the band has not chosen to communicate with their fans through social networking. He told Billboard magazine "I don't think we try to be mysterious on purpose, but most of this blogging and twittering doesn't make a lot of sense to me."

what do you guys think of this? would you rather mika was like this, or was like he is now? just out of general curiosity.

I don't know if it necessarily makes as much sense for bands to be writing down their thoughts on a regular basis, although the Killers would be pretty foolish if they didn't use these tools for marketing purposes. I don't think Paolo Nutini knows how to turn on a computer but his name still has a presence and his information is updated on all the social networking sites.

For solo artists their personality is part of their brand and being coy and mysterious only got Mika so far. When there was information that needed to be communicated to fans and it didn't happen there was a lot of unrest and even anger. Any "bad" news is a lot more palatable to fans when it comes from the horse's mouth.

I can't even imagine this past year if Mika hadn't started blogging. It would have been a nightmare for MFC. Someone said to him on Twitter "Not seen you around in AGES, Where you been, Haven't heard of you since grace kelly." We would all be pretty much saying the same thing when his album was released if he hadn't started the blog.

I think microblogging is the perfect communication tool for him. It's less time consuming and more portable than a regular blog and I think people are comforted just knowing he's around and things are happening.

I don't know if it necessarily makes as much sense for bands to be writing down their thoughts on a regular basis, although the Killers would be pretty foolish if they didn't use these tools for marketing purposes. I don't think Paolo Nutini knows how to turn on a computer but his name still has a presence and his information is updated on all the social networking sites.

For solo artists their personality is part of their brand and being coy and mysterious only got Mika so far. When there was information that needed to be communicated to fans and it didn't happen there was a lot of unrest and even anger. Any "bad" news is a lot more palatable to fans when it comes from the horse's mouth.

I can't even imagine this past year if Mika hadn't started blogging. It would have been a nightmare for MFC. Someone said to him on Twitter "Not seen you around in AGES, Where you been, Haven't heard of you since grace kelly." We would all be pretty much saying the same thing when his album was released if he hadn't started the blog.

I think microblogging is the perfect communication tool for him. It's less time consuming and more portable than a regular blog and I think people are comforted just knowing he's around and things are happening.

I agree very much.

I think the blog itself came about as a lot of people were leaving MFC. People were losing interest and they had to do something to regain that interest.

I love the tweets. It's such a comfort to log into twitter whenever and see all the little messages. Even if they're not for me in particular, it's, for me anyway, a real comfort for some reason.

He's just THERE and that keeps me going while there's no new music/stuff.

Of course, that's just me. I won't speak for anyone else here :wink2:

I agree very much.

I think the blog itself came about as a lot of people were leaving MFC. People were losing interest and they had to do something to regain that interest.

I love the tweets. It's such a comfort to log into twitter whenever and see all the little messages. Even if they're not for me in particular, it's, for me anyway, a real comfort for some reason.

He's just THERE and that keeps me going while there's no new music/stuff.

Of course, that's just me. I won't speak for anyone else here :wink2:

Hello there fellow MFC veteran!:punk:

Yes I think people were losing interest before he started to blog and tweet!

The fun thing is that they are not directed to anybody special but therefore they are for everybody! :wink2:

All the time I see people answer his tweets, and I find it a very nice and friendly thing to do, but I don’t know, I can’t find the right purpose/feeling to do it my self. :blush-anim-cl:

Maybe it’s the one way communication thing that takes some time to get use to?

Maybe it's the fact that I don't completely understand his tweets, cultural and language obstacles?

Maybe I’m just nuts!?:roftl:

I enjoy reading everybody else’s comments anyway! :wub2:

Hello there fellow MFC veteran!:punk:

Yes I think people were losing interest before he started to blog and tweet!

The fun thing is that they are not directed to anybody special but therefore they are for everybody! :wink2:

All the time I see people answer his tweets, and I find it a very nice and friendly thing to do, but I don’t know, I can’t find the right purpose/feeling to do it my self. :blush-anim-cl:

Maybe it's the fact that I don't completely understand his tweets, cultural and language obstacles?Maybe I’m just nuts!?:roftl:

I enjoy reading everybody else’s comments anyway! :wub2:

It doesn't seem to bother a lot of people, Sienna, judging from what's replied to him. Just go for it. You won't stand out as ridiculous, for sure!

Edited by babspanky

Maybe it's the fact that I don't completely understand his tweets, cultural and language obstacles?

Maybe I’m just nuts!?:roftl:

I don't feel it's entirely one-way since I got a response from him and I think he is definitely reading a lot of tweets even when he doesn't answer. Although I do find some people like Perez Hilton and Calvin Harris are more actively engaging their followers even without tweeting direct replies. You just get the sense from their language and the fact that they ask a lot of questions that they are actually soliciting responses and not just providing updates to keep people happy.

I don't think you're nuts to restrain from tweeting if you don't understand the cultural references. Sometimes I groan when I see some of the things people say to Mika. There are times when it's funny because what he's said is unclear - even I have to do a double take sometimes to get his meaning. But if you don't know that King Lear is a Shakespearean play, look it up for heavensakes!

I know the temptation is there to just say anything when you see him online but sometimes it's better to sit on your hands. I follow another artist and he's quite the intellectual so I don't know what he's talking about half the time. He tweets about Debbie Gibson, I respond. He tweets about pro-colonialist France I keep my mouth shut.

>>Back in LA. Didn't close my eyes that whole flight, just ate the whole time. Photo shoot tomorrow. I think I'll go nap on the beach.<<

Awwwwwwwww, poor guy :wub2:

Looking forward to that photoshooting :thumb_yello:

Well, considering he left the UK at about lunch time and arrived in LA around what 10 or 11pm, it wasn't really nap time. As he arrived it was kinda bedtime though so he can be forgiven for having a nap on the beach.

Well, considering he left the UK at about lunch time and arrived in LA around what 10 or 11pm, it wasn't really nap time. As he arrived it was kinda bedtime though so he can be forgiven for having a nap on the beach.

Not sure I can muster up much sympathy for someone napping on the beach in any case. :naughty: