The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

I still haven't gotten all your photos/videos :naughty:

Me too! My alarm went off and I thought "Hmmmm.... no." and turned it off :naughty: I like my hairdresser too. She never understands what I mean or cuts it a way I like, but she only charges $10, and price always wins over quality in my head :thumb_yello:

This one charges 30, which is reasonable in this area. So if he stays working there, I'll keep going there to get it cut

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My hairdresser hates my haircut, when he's cutting the fringe he asks me a million times 'are you sure you want it shorter?'. Yes, dammit. On the plus side he only charges $25.

Oh yes... I put them all in a folder to burn to a disc... I'll do it tomorrow, but I can't guarantee that they'll be sent off soon (seeing as I can't drive to the post office)...

Yay! Okay! :biggrin2:

This one charges 30, which is reasonable in this area. So if he stays working there, I'll keep going there to get it cut

Yes but I can get 3 haircuts for the price that you can get one for :tongue2:

My hairdresser hates my haircut, when he's cutting the fringe he asks me a million times 'are you sure you want it shorter?'. Yes, dammit. On the plus side he only charges $25.

Hahaha :naughty:

The problem is that my hairdresser only accepts friends of friends of friends, so I have to be associated with my mother to get an appointment. So then I get my mother in the background waiting for her haircut, "That bit's going to hang in front of your face, you don't want it hanging in front of your face do you?" and telling embarrassing stories the entire time.

What a co-inky dink - I just got my hair cut last week too. You all pay fabulous prices to get your hair done! I though mine was a bargain at $35 (with wash and style). It's a lady friend who does it in her basement-turned-into-salon and goes to my mom's church. So I'm constantly reminded that I haven't been attending church services in a while....:blush-anim-cl: But I'm never disappointed because I go there not knowing exactly what I want, and she seems to figure out what works best for me.

But it takes FOREVER (2 hours to get layered) because my hair is so thick.

I had to reschedule another appointment this weekend to get highlights -which is supposed to blend with my grey to make it less noticeable. She recommended this rather than going all black because it would mean having touch ups more often. We'll see.

25 is pretty good, though I hate it when they think they know your hair better than you

Yes but I can get 3 haircuts for the price that you can get one for :tongue2:

The problem is that my hairdresser only accepts friends of friends of friends, so I have to be associated with my mother to get an appointment. So then I get my mother in the background waiting for her haircut, "That bit's going to hang in front of your face, you don't want it hanging in front of your face do you?" and telling embarrassing stories the entire time.

I do get my haircuts infrequently though, so it might even out over the year.

and with the mother hanging around telling embarrassing stories, sounds like I get the better deal :naughty:

What a co-inky dink - I just got my hair cut last week too. You all pay fabulous prices to get your hair done! I though mine was a bargain at $35 (with wash and style). It's a lady friend who does it in her basement-turned-into-salon and goes to my mom's church. So I'm constantly reminded that I haven't been attending church services in a while....:blush-anim-cl: But I'm never disappointed because I go there not knowing exactly what I want, and she seems to figure out what works best for me.

I had to reschedule another appointment this weekend to get highlights -which is supposed to blend with my grey to make it less noticeable. She recommended this rather than going all black because it would mean having touch ups more often. We'll see.

$35 is good too. But 2 hours, wow. My hair is thick, but my haircut only took about 30-45 mins I think, including straightening it first, with layers.

I thought I'd wandered into some new hairdressing thread for a minute there :naughty:

It's so good when you find a hairdresser that understands you :thumb_yello:

But I think my current one - though a lovely person - may be a tad too agreeable. She's encouraged to to grow my hair long, but deep down I don't think it really suits me

Kelz - sorry you have flu :huglove:(put the crystal by your bed)

HK - hi :bye:

S&M - am the opposite - I always want my fringe left long

Teegs - hope you feel less sore soon :thumb_yello:

SD - make sure you do that reading

OKD - can't remember what I was going to say to you - hi anyway :bye:

Suzy - how long??! :shocked:

Morning all. Primary school day again :wink2:

I remember teaching practice - we were shipped off to schools in the countryside by coach - had to set off by 6:30am sometimes. How I hated those early starts :bleh:

I remember teaching practice - we were shipped off to schools in the countryside by coach - had to set off by 6:30am sometimes. How I hated those early starts :bleh:

Wow... ours aren't nearly as early. The schools 10 minutes away and I have to be there by 9 at the latest.

Though it still requires getting up while still dark *wants daylight savings to end already*

Wow... ours aren't nearly as early. The schools 10 minutes away and I have to be there by 9 at the latest.

Though it still requires getting up while still dark *wants daylight savings to end already*

I hate dark mornings :thumbdown:

Actually I just hate mornings - I'm definitely an evening person :naughty:

Oh me too. I'm happy to avoid mornings altogether when possible

I think the day should start about 10:30-ish - a nice walk and a leisurely breakfast, read the paper...

I don't think I've seen a 14 year old with sense...

When I was 14, I would have disagreed. Which only goes to prove your point. :naughty:

I love Ella Fitzgerald's version of Mack the Knife!! She made the

point that it was always sung by men - then she sang it - and

forgot the words half way through - so just made some up! It's

a brilliant live recording

I love Ella. Someone told me I sound like her when I sing and I was grinning for ages. :blush-anim-cl:

And I'm not feeling better today... my tummy is feeling very tight and sore

:no: *rubs your tummy*

*reflects for a moment on how weird that sounds*

Who exactly is on there and what are their usernames?

I'm rozeh...but I found you already...

It's the new model of my camera, which I've been painfully waiting so many months for. It finally came out this week, but I've got to wait a bit longer until it's been picked up by all the stores and the prices start to go down at least a little bit. I'm immediately attracted by the red, because it's bright and new, but a part of me is still in love with the classy black.

I'd go black. The red one could be sexy but then again, it could just be tacky.

It takes 3 minutes to copy a 4GB card. Patience is a virtue, you know.

Yeah, and how many years younger is your computer than everyone else's?

Quiet once again in the Aussie Thread. I won't be around for the next three days because of year 11 retreat. Which should be fun!

:das: told me he loves me today.

Not really. But he did say (after I said something self detrimental while doing group work) "that's okay, we still love you".

Dammit SD, you got me so excited there for a second! :rolls_eyes:

Well, it's sort of supposed to be a peaceful experience at which everyone in the year has a chance to reflect on their lives, relationships and spirituality.

And I take it that what it's 'supposed' to be is everything it isn't?

Mine charges $35...I love her; the last time I got my hair cut we ended up talking about how good it would be for her business (she owns a small salon) if all the hairdressers did their cuts topless. :roftl: Plus she always makes my hair look good, which is a plus I guess.

Afternoon :huglove: actually you might not want hugs from me atm :sweatdrop:

*wolfwhistles all new and upcoming hairdos*

Now I want to trim my hair. :naughty: I don't pay anything. I do all mine myself. I change it often enough that it would be crazy to pay for it. :insane: atm it needs re-layering, which is pretty easy because it's already layered so I just trim the ends in sections. My underlength is currently bra line.. But I'm at that stage though where I'm tempted to either go shorter or go longer. Longer will win. I'm just tempted.

(And I didn't write the tag)

I do get my haircuts infrequently though, so it might even out over the year.

and with the mother hanging around telling embarrassing stories, sounds like I get the better deal :naughty:

Ah, but I do too!

Hmm, it depends how much you value money over shame.

OKD - can't remember what I was going to say to you - hi anyway :bye:

Hi :bye:

I remember teaching practice - we were shipped off to schools in the countryside by coach - had to set off by 6:30am sometimes. How I hated those early starts

Silver, really, I have to know, how on earth have you had SO much knowledge and experiences :shocked:

I'd go black. The red one could be sexy but then again, it could just be tacky.

Yeah, and how many years younger is your computer than everyone else's?

Yes. I think I will go to a store. And demand to be shown all the colours in person :naughty:

Mine is older than Becs! It's from 2007 :tongue2:

*wolfwhistles all new and upcoming hairdos*

Now I want to trim my hair. I don't pay anything. I do all mine myself. I change it often enough that it would be crazy to pay for it. atm it needs re-layering, which is pretty easy because it's already layered so I just trim the ends in sections. My underlength is currently bra line.. But I'm at that stage though where I'm tempted to either go shorter or go longer. Longer will win. I'm just tempted.

Ahh, I cut my own hair in between infrequent proper cuts. But it always bring around the awkward "So, uh, did you cut this yourself? Do you want me to cut it like this or fix it up?" :roftl:

Silver is all about sophistication. Indoors or out, this wig takes Shaft to a special place -- where everything is sleek and svelte, young and foxy.

Silver makes your kitty feel sexy and smart, like a cougar on the prowl.

silver2.jpgsilver1.jpg

:lmfao: