’Mika recommends’- music he likes

suzie

Mika @ Cherie fm 30092012

here he talks very briefly about the song Every Breath You Take by Police

http://mikatube.com/audio/188/mika-@-cherie-fm-30092012

username: mfc

pasword: mika2012

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27419

thanks for posting Mari, could someone translate the part where he talks about EBYT??? ^^

thanks for posting Mari, could someone translate the part where he talks about EBYT??? ^^

'I've heard a legend about it, we think that it's a very romantic song but the truth is that it's about a divorce. I like the idea that a song that everybody sees as romantic and beautiful is actually about a break up or the topic of jealousy. 'At every step I'll be watching you, to see what you're doing'. That's cool.'

:wink2:

'I've heard a legend about it, we think that it's a very romantic song but the truth is that it's about a divorce. I like the idea that a song that everybody sees as romantic and beautiful is actually about a break up or the topic of jealousy. 'At every step I'll be watching you, to see what you're doing'. That's cool.'

:wink2:

thanks Camille :)

My Taratata

MIKA : Françoise HARDY & Alain LUBRANO

http://video.mytaratata.com/video/b6da2cf738as.html

VIMEO uploaded by Ysa. Thanks a lot Ysa :flowers2:

354144765_640.jpg

Translation by grace<3

"Hi' date=' this is Mika in My Taratata and this time I'd like to see again Françoise Hardy singing with Alain Dubrano. The song is "Si ça fait mal" [i']("if it hurts" in english)[/i] and Dubrano was her very close co-worker with whom she wrote songs. I'm a huge fan of Françoise Hardy since my teenage years and... well this song is perfect."

Here is the link to the song : http://video.mytaratata.com/video/iLyROoaftDTe.html :wink2:

Merci Ysa !!! :flowers2:

It's awesome ! :wub2:

[YOUTUBE]-mvjfmMhE2U[/YOUTUBE]

Mika sings "Comment Te Dire Adieu?" at Taratata 2009

[YOUTUBE]jnAtXFZEID4[/YOUTUBE]

ORIGINAL : Françoise Hardy - Comment Te Dire Adieu

Jimmy Sommerville Comment Te Dire Adieu

[YOUTUBE]ma5BOoSpB4E[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]YXGspic_NUE[/YOUTUBE]

• 2 weeks later...

Artists:

Robyn

Beck

Sufjan Stevens

Miike Snow

Lykke Li

Sia

Songs:

"Vase" by Miike Snow

Source:

I think that high-quality pop indeed came back into fashion again during the last years, and that it is indeed highly rated every now and again. Robyn would be a prime example.

Yes!

What she is doing is definitely pop, but nevertheless she a favourite of Pitchfork.

Yes, exactly! Klas Åhlund, who made "Hand With Me" and a lot of other songs from her, is on my record! We did "Overrated" together! And "Elle me dit" - or the English version, "Emily".

Well, of course I'm a fan of him. Because of the Caesars *

Oh, yeah, okay!

He was a member of the Caesars, and the Teddybears STHLM, he is doing all this things!

It's funny, because we are getting along well. I think we have a similar humour, I think he is very, very funny. Because he is sitting there, with his long beard, and he… is wasting few energy. But he is doing all this different things, so much different kind of music, I love that! But you are right about this new pop wave - but most people in this wave are women… and a lot of bands. (He is thinking shortly, wants to stop.) Whatever - why giving interviews if you aren't allowed to bitch. My thing is: There aren't any goddamn men in pop! Then again, I don't want other men! I don't want that! I mean, whereto disappeared Beck? He wants to release his new record as a music book! But secretly I don't even want that Beck comes back! Although I'm the biggest Beck fan on the earth.

So you are considering Beck as you biggest competitor?

No, no no! For me he is... an inspiration! There are some men as well who are making amazing music. Sufjan Stevens makes astonishing music - the new Miike Snow record it ab-so-lu-te-ly crazy!

Oh yeah, this is my record of the year, too!

SO good!

SO MUCH is happening on this record!

So much happens! Do you know the song "Vase"? Song number four.

I know it! The strong thing about Miike Snow is: If you aren't paying attention, if it is only background music for you, you would think: Good pop songs. But if you pay attention!! What is TAKING PLACE there!

All of them are part of one crew. The went to school together. The are close friends with Klas Åhlund, too.

Yes, together they have started a new label, "Ingrid".

Really? I didn't kow!

Miike Snow, Klas Åhlund, Peter Björn & John, Lykke Li - all part of the team.

Really? Lykke Li, too? She is great! And do you know who is great as well? Right now, the most impressing person in the world of Pop: Sia.

Seal?

Sia! Please not Seal!! And I'm so happy that she has success in mainstream, too. She makes this records for years, and some of them are so INCREDIBLE good! Recently I dug out the Magnetic Zeroes, too, and I rediscovered them, I got enthusiastic about them again.

I have to admit, it's a band... I know they are there, but they didn't enthralled me yet.

You should give them a chance! Really infectious stuff!

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27472&highlight=piranha&page=2

Songs:

The Beatles - Black Bird

Chairlift - Bruises

Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Breakage - Fighting Fire

Of Monsters and Men - Little Talk

Nicki Minaj - Super Bass

Madonna - Vogue

Toto - Africa

Madeon - Icarus

Paul Simon - Diamonds on the Soles of her Shoes

Mika - Grace Kelly