’Mika recommends’- music he likes

suzie

In this video he sings a couple of lines of "Via con me" by Paolo Conte. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFgOJyeAlr4

Idol..?

Paolo Conte is already on the list (:wink2:)because back in 2007 he did mention in an Italian interview that he liked him and I think he even once sang some lines from Azzurro that was written by Paolo Conte. ( and he sang that as well though the most famous versio is by Adriano Celentano.)

here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NJ_ifT4y0Q

Paolo Conte is already on the list (:wink2:)because back in 2007 he did mention in an Italian interview that he liked him and I think he even once sang some lines from Azzurro that was written by Paolo Conte. ( and he sang that as well though the most famous versio is by Adriano Celentano.)

here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NJ_ifT4y0Q

Oh :doh: I shoulda looked at the front page. Silly me :naughty:

has you got depeache mode ??? (spelling may be wrong :doh: )

x

Can't believe I didn't notice that Depeche Mode weren't on the list. :blush-anim-cl:

:blink:Did Mika ever mentioned he liked DM?

In the list I only included artists Mika said he liked but if he ever said so, I'll include them:wink2:.

( I know he covered a song by them, though I think it has more to do with the fact that it was an early DM song, written by Vince Clark. I bet he prefers Erasure to DM...:teehee:)

In the list I only included artists Mika said he liked but if he ever said so, I'll include them:wink2:.

( I know he covered a song by them, though I think it has more to do with the fact that it was an early DM song, written by Vince Clark. I bet he prefers Erasure to DM...:teehee:)

I remember seeing an interview from when he did the gig in London in September and he listed DM as one of his inspirations for TBWKTM.

I remember seeing an interview from when he did the gig in London in September and he listed DM as one of his inspirations for TBWKTM.

I must have missed that interview:blink:

...but I believe you:wink2:, so Depeche Mode is now added to the list:thumb_yello:

You forgot that he covered ''When Doves Cry'' by Prince with Saranayde at some gigs.:naughty:

:blink:

I did not forget it... I have never heard about it :blink::no:

It must have been in mid /end 2008 when I was busy doing things in real life...:teehee:

So thank you for telling me..:flowers2:Can you remember where these sessions took place?

*goes to search YT...*

:blink:

I did not forget it... I have never heard about it :blink::no:

It must have been in mid /end 2008 when I was busy doing things in real life...:teehee:

So thank you for telling me..:flowers2:Can you remember where these sessions took place?

*goes to search YT...*

Oh sorry. No, I believe it was somewhere in Jan/Feb 2008, somewhere in North America. He only performed it twice or maybe three times, in Montreal and..somewhere else. Can't remember right now and also can't find it on Youtube, but I do have an mp3 of it.

First they sing Sexyback by Justin Timberlake, then they do When Doves Cry by Prince.

He only performed it twice or maybe three times, in Montreal and..somewhere else. Can't remember right now and also can't find it on Youtube, but I do have an mp3 of it.

First they sing Sexyback by Justin Timberlake, then they do When Doves Cry by Prince.

I have just entered Montreal Mika Saranayde as search terms in YT and here is what I got:

:wink2:

Thank you for mentioning this. :thumb_yello:

I think I might have even come across this video but unfortunately the sound in the recording is so distorted that I never listened to it ( did not even realise first what they were singing :teehee:)

Edited by suzie

Yeah im cool enough to quote myself:mf_rosetinted:

So uhm... is there a place i can buy it online?

I don't think so. It will only be on the CD single (not the mp3 single package). So I think you'd need to order a copy of the CD to get it legally.:wink2:

He definitely likes DM, IJCGE, is his favourite DM song.

He definitely likes DM, IJCGE, is his favourite DM song.

yes... I understand that. :wink2:The point is that IJCGE is early DM written by Vince Clarke who left the band shortly after to form Yazzoo and later Erasure... The sound of Depeche Mode became different after he left.

I think Mika actually prefers Vince Clarke's songs vs DM in general. He also used to play Yazzo's Only You before gigs.

yes... I understand that. :wink2:The point is that IJCGE is early DM written by Vince Clarke who left the band shortly after to form Yazzoo and later Erasure... The sound of Depeche Mode became different after he left.

I think Mika actually prefers Vince Clarke's songs vs DM in general. He also used to play Yazzo's Only You before gigs.

He should play Erasure's 'Stop' at one of his gigs. :naughty:

That was the song that made me an Erasure fan almost 21 years ago and it's amazing live. :biggrin2:

Oooooooh I had my Erasure-periode around 1992. And I was the only one where I lived. I used to listen to the casettetapes in my very BIG walkman. Nobody understood my choice in music but I loved it!:thumb_yello: