’Mika recommends’- music he likes

suzie

Me neither but he mentioned The cribs though

Yes, I remember that, thanks for reminding me:thumb_yello: (guess he likes them because of Johnny Marr though:teehee:

(I added them, as well as the King's Singers )

• 1 month later...

bump

My Generation – The Who

I Get Around - Beach Boys

Pencil Full of Lead - Paolo Nutini

Call Me – Blondie

Man in the Mirror – Michael Jackson

I Don’t Feel Like Dancing - Scissor Sisters

Toxic – Britney Spears

Ring of Fire – Johnny Cash

Like a Prayer – Madonna

Original Sin – INXS

Everywhere – Fleetwood Mac

New York, New York – Frank Sinatra

Bear Necessities – Jungle Book Cast

Maniac - Falshdance

Don’t leave me this way – ????

Copacabana – Barry Manilow

Single Ladies – Beyonce

American Boy – Estele

Islands in the Stream – Dolly Parton

Nights on Broadway – Bee Gees

Year 2000 - Plup

I Should Be So Lucky - Kylie Minogue

The Sign – Ace of Base

Radio Ga Ga - Queen

Yes, thanks for reminding me...

I also made a list on NYE :biggrin2:

The Who: My Generation

The Beach Boys I Get Around

Paolo Nutini: Pencil Full of Lead

Blondie:Call Me

Michael Jackson Man In the Mirror

Mika Blame It on the Girls

Scissor Sisters I Don’t Feel Like Dancing

Britney Spears: Toxic

Johnny Cash: Ring of Fire

Madonna: Like a Prayer

Mika : Grace Kelly

INXS: The Original Sin

Fleetwood: Mac Everywhere

Frank Sinatra: New York New York

The Bare Necessities from the Jungle Book soundtrack

Michael Sembello: Maniac (from Flashdance sountrack)

The Communards:Don’t Leave Me This Way

Barry Manilow: Copacabana

Mika Rain

Beyonce: All the Single Ladies

Estelle American Boy

Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers:.Islands in the Stream

The Bee Gees The Nights on Broadway

The Pulp Disco 2000

Kylie Minogue: I Should Be So Lucky

Ace of Base: The Sign

Queen: Radio Gaga

- I think I will put most of them in the artist list (if still not there) where he said he liked the artist, whilst for Toxic, and Maniac for example, I just write the songs..

I think we must have an extremely long list now :teehee:

:doh:

and I have added Let it Snow for covers

as well as I Want to Break Free for 'almost' covers...

Perhaps someonewants to put down the names of the French songs he sang in December....? .. otherwise I will do it later:wink2:

I must say I really, really miss his proper blogs. :tears: I totally enjoyed digging into the stuff he likes and discover new things - visually and acoustically. I like the fact that he took the time to write those little essays to share all that with the world. I hope that, one day he will rediscover his blog. If he does, I will start one, too :naughty:

I must say I really, really miss his proper blogs. :tears: I totally enjoyed digging into the stuff he likes and discover new things - visually and acoustically. I like the fact that he took the time to write those little essays to share all that with the world. I hope that, one day he will rediscover his blog. If he does, I will start one, too :naughty:

Me too

Have we got Vera Lyn (As time goes by) from after the Blackpool thing and Boyznoize who he tweeted about from spain

I miss the blogs too. Maybe someday he will feel like writing a blog or making a vlog again? *crosses fingers and hopes*

I miss the blogs too. Maybe someday he will feel like writing a blog or making a vlog again? *crosses fingers and hopes*

Yes, I miss those, too...:tears:

It is unbelievable he gets bored with everyting... I think if it took more than 6 months to make an album, we'd never hear a new album from him....:naughty:

Me too

Have we got Vera Lyn (As time goes by) from after the Blackpool thing and Boyznoize who he tweeted about from spain

oh, yes, I am going to add that. I actually prefer this version of this song from Harry Nilsson:

Why do you think he likes Lily Allen? I'm pretty sure he doesn't care for her at all. :naughty:

Lilly Allen! Catchy Catchy songwriter, she is:thumb_yello:

Absolutely love about a quarter of his musical choices... or I'm really familiar to them. I've never heard him sing Killer Queen, my goodness, he'd be fabulous!

Awesome list!

Oh me too! I just about passed out when he said he was a great fan of Alan Aldridge, a seattle-based visual artist and one of my favorite artists. I had no idea Mika knew of him!

I hope he picks it up again soon!

it's not fabolous - it is hilarious actually...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWYOHgHVFXY

Hahaha, that's great! Really, American interviews should be just like that!

Edited by Seatown

I'm sure Mika's covered 'Sexy back' by Justin Timberlake in a concert once.

:blink:

I'd really be surprised.... That is not even a song...:naughty:

Anyway, I added George Michael to the list - Mika admittedly admires his songwriting skills. :teehee:

Edited by suzie

• 2 weeks later...

There was as a 2007 US interview (from San Jose Mercury News) bumped today on another thread, and just realised The Postal Service (an American electropop band ) should also be added on this list:thumb_yello:

• 4 weeks later...
he also did another song from Queen, but i can't remember the name of it... remember when he sang with Randy the Rat? :teehee:

oh, yes, he started singing the bass line from Underpressure and continued to sing I Want to Break Free....

A typical Mika mixture of different songs...:teehee: I will add it to the list:thumb_yello:

Edit: it was already there - but I added Randy the Rat for eternity :naughty:

Edited by suzie

• 1 month later...
Suzie, have you added Nirvana and INXS? :wink2:

Yes, of course, I have:wink2:

they are all in part 2. (easy to read, they are in alphaetical order.)

However, I mught change part3 - those are only supposed to be the occasional good songs he likes from other artists he otherwise does not list among his favourite ones.