Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

Me too. Won't be Luke I don't think, but any one would be better than the last one.

*Thinks of Relax and shudders.

Exactly. Luke won't be back but at least we'll hopefully get a good one now that won't butcher the best live songs. I still shiver when I remember the first couple of "Relax"es last summer, before they (I presume) corrected him or played his key parts on recorded version :roftl:. They often do that, put stuff on the hard disks to play during gigs.

I've noticed that Mika does that with the background voice in Love Today very often, so why wouldn't they do it if someone keeps hitting a dodgy key? In fact now that I mention it, maybe he should do it for that key that Mika himself always misses in Grace Kelly :roftl:.

I've never noticed anything. My mind is always focused elsewhere when I watch my peedeepee. :blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But surely that would depend on whether Lily Allen is touring at the time that Mika needs a guitar player . And if Mika wants Martin and Martin wants to play with Mika.

Those guys are freelance, they won't be with anyone forever. They've worked with many other people in the past and will work with more in the future I guess.

Yes, that is what I think as well. We don't know if Lily is touring again anytime soon, so maybe Martin would have his schedule free to tour with Mika again this winter. We'll see I guess.

It'd be interesting, a new formation in the band.

But this time I hope he'll get a decent keyboardplayer.

Aye! But as Bab said:

Me too. Won't be Luke I don't think, but any one would be better than the last one.

Exactly. Luke won't be back but at least we'll hopefully get a good one now that won't butcher the best live songs.

I still shiver when I remember the first couple of "Relax"es last summer, before they (I presume) corrected him or played his key parts on recorded version :roftl:. They often do that, put stuff on the hard disks to play during gigs.

I've noticed that Mika does that with the background voice in Love Today very often, so why wouldn't they do it if someone keeps hitting a dodgy key? In fact now that I mention it, maybe he should do it for that key that Mika himself always misses in Grace Kelly :roftl:.

My offer still stands to be his keyboard player :naughty::pinkbow:

You should have told him face to face in LA :aah:

I've never noticed anything. My mind is always focused elsewhere when I watch my peedeepee. :blush-anim-cl:

Forget about the peedeepee, any other live footage is better than that :bleh:

Anyway, it became very obvious to me when I watched my LA Love Today:

At some points he's not even singing and you can hear that background 'tarari ra ri dum' and love todaaaay :roftl:

Yes, that's true.I can imagine that any free lance musician would like to play for different people. But I'm really glad Cherisse is back:biggrin2:

Guess she's after that curly singer. What's his name btw? erm... :mf_rosetinted:

I just wanted to say that.

I just can't get over the fact that he messed up Relax:boxed:

Even I can play it, and I can't even read notes.

Yes, that is what I think as well. We don't know if Lily is touring again anytime soon, so maybe Martin would have his schedule free to tour with Mika again this winter. We'll see I guess.

Aye! But as Bab said:

Exactly. Luke won't be back but at least we'll hopefully get a good one now that won't butcher the best live songs.

I still shiver when I remember the first couple of "Relax"es last summer, before they (I presume) corrected him or played his key parts on recorded version :roftl:. They often do that, put stuff on the hard disks to play during gigs.

I've noticed that Mika does that with the background voice in Love Today very often, so why wouldn't they do it if someone keeps hitting a dodgy key? In fact now that I mention it, maybe he should do it for that key that Mika himself always misses in Grace Kelly .

:roftl:

It sounded quite pre-recorded indeed.

And maybe he should.

I remember when I heard the Werchter one. I was like: Oh no, something's so NOT right.:boxed:

And in Amsterdam my first thought was: This is going to be a horrible gig.

Luckely it was not.:naughty:

Anyway, it became very obvious to me when I watched my LA Love Today:

At some points he's not even singing and you can hear that background 'tarari ra ri dum' and love todaaaay :roftl:

Was there really a backing track at that gig? :blink:

I thought the "tarari ra ri dum" bits were the guitarist and bassist on backing vocals? In the vlog, at about 4:15, you can see them carrying the chorus while Mika's too busy rocking out to be singing. :teehee:

Was there really a backing track at that gig? :blink:

I thought the "tarari ra ri dum" bits were the guitarist and bassist on backing vocals? In the vlog, at about 4:15, you can see them carrying the chorus while Mika's too busy rocking out to be singing. :teehee:

Ok, I will need to watch it again, maybe I got the bit wrong and it's not the tararirum. It's when he's prancing around in front of us and there is something clearly still being sung in what sounds like his voice....Let me see if I can find it again.

In any case, he does use some pre-recorded stuff in some of his other 'regular' gigs. Everyone does that and he's no exception :thumb_yello:.

Ok, I will need to watch it again, maybe I got the bit wrong and it's not the tararirum. It's when he's prancing around in front of us and there is something clearly still being sung in what sounds like his voice....Let me see if I can find it again.

In any case, he does use some pre-recorded stuff in some of his other 'regular' gigs. Everyone does that and he's no exception :thumb_yello:.

But that's as bad as playback, isn't it :shocked: ? He should be careful or he'll end up 'miming' in Vegas :thumbdown: . As he so rightly put it, making yukky faces :puke: : 'Who wants to MIME !'

Now, I wish I hadn't browsed this thread :emot-sad: .

Marie-Thérèse

But that's as bad as playback, isn't it :shocked: ? He should be careful or he'll end up 'miming' in Vegas :thumbdown: . As he so rightly put it, making yukky faces :puke: : 'Who wants to MIME !'

Now, I wish I hadn't browsed this thread :emot-sad: .

Marie-Thérèse

I meant not necessarily as voice recording, but music. When a song has certain addon-s that can't be replicated on a small stage for example, one would use the pre-canned musical parts :thumb_yello:

I meant not necessarily as voice recording, but music. When a song has certain addon-s that can't be replicated on a small stage for example, one would use the pre-canned musical parts :thumb_yello:

Oh and for the record, I can't ever see him miming either. I think if he'd use pre-recorded backing vocals that would be the absolute limit.

Shudders by your side!

My offer still stands to be his keyboard player :naughty::pinkbow:

Yes please! I would love that!:wub2:

But I wonder if you mum would let you travel so much!:naughty:

I remember when I heard the Werchter one. I was like: Oh no, something's so NOT right.:boxed:

And in Amsterdam my first thought was: This is going to be a horrible gig.

Luckely it was not.:naughty:

I remember.... the gig was good but I can't get over what he did to Relax, and I hated to see Mika getting upset on stage!

Relax is so important Mika stuff, it will always be a part of his signature!:wub2:

'Where's the other monkey?':lmfao:

Loving the vlog so far...I've never heard of this salt lake gig to be honest so I presume that it's not a recent one.. I wasn't here by then I guess:naughty:

'Where's the other monkey?':lmfao:

Loving the vlog so far...I've never heard of this salt lake gig to be honest so I presume that it's not a recent one.. I wasn't here by then I guess:naughty:

It was February 2008.

Loved it! I'm so glad we're getting to see some of this Dodgy Holiday Tour footage finally.

I can't believe Mika put on this show for virtually nothing. He's generous almost to a fault.

I can remember now wich gig it was, but not clearly!

I honestly wub him to bits in a very fangurly way.:wub2: No artist would ever do this. To put on a show from complete scratch.

Edited by Neiobi