Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

Mika might be a Sire to some people , but he is actually a real person ... yes when he got SIGNED he might have gone by his own rules ... whos to say the record company was going to compromise forever either ? ... perhaps they were breaking him in gently ... end of the day - yes mika is own person but he also has a job to do - and he has a boss ... i dont think its any good people getting angry at the record company ... they also have a job to do .... or has RL been forgotton ?

true true true! he'll probably change it to something else on the cd and we all know that in concert, he'll say what he wants...

bore = whore remember? :naughty:

Yeah I think it's funny that fans moan at him incessantly about everything from playing dates in certain countries to when he should put up his videos on YT...but if his own employer asks him to do something it's outrageous.

I trust Mika will tell them to bugger off but I'm sure he has regular battles with his record company. Some won and some lost. And the losses are probably why fans don't always get what they want and we should probably cut Mika a little slack about his intentions surrounding broken promises.

agree 100% ! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:roftl: That was my only point , I really dont understand all the uproar , yes its a fanclub , but i also notice the things i HATE to have to do in RL compared to mika ... with regards to work ... so he has to change a few lyrics - i have to change assignments around even though its what i want to write ...but because it is'nt what uni wants i have to change it .... AKA - (mika ! rules are there to follow ) its a part of life ! - ive never experienced going to dinner with GaGa yet coz my assignments aint as they are wanted ... but there you go ... some of us aint that lucky :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

I do agree with what you say, but when they have known for a few months what the lyric is, and only now, after he performed the song in LA, ask him to look at changing it, it seems very unprofessional on their part.

Why is it only now they are having a problem with it?

I do agree with what you say, but when they have known for a few months what the lyric is, and only now, after he performed the song in LA, ask him to look at changing it, it seems very unprofessional on their part.

Dont know Rose , maybe they changed thier mind , how much to believe though ? mika is a martyr at the end of the day i think ... :naughty::wink2:

Edited by mikas_gal07

Were there ever any problem's with SITM's "I sit and think about the day when you're gonna die"????

I suspect they are deciding on singles - what is OK on an album, may not be suitable for a single - I still think they are wrong, though :aah:

I am not there to listen to a grown man whining about his nasty record company and manipulating me into patting his poor little head.

I have better things to pat :blush-anim-cl: ...

Cheers,

Id3

But...he's like a schoolboy to many effects! At least in my eyes :roftl:. And we know that he loves a good whine :naughty:.

That was my only point , I really dont understand all the uproar , yes its a fanclub , but i also notice the things i HATE to have to do in RL compared to mika ... with regards to work ... so he has to change a few lyrics - i have to change assignments around even though its what i want to write ...but because it isn't what uni wants i have to change it .... AKA - (mika ! rules are there to follow ) its a part of life ! - ive never experienced going to dinner with GaGa yet coz my assignments aint as they are wanted ... but there you go ... some of us aint that lucky :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Exactly!

My bosses expect me to go into work every day braving the wild commuter rush hour in London, be kind and patient with everyone, resolve issues the minute (no, wait, the day before) they are raised or discovered, be there ready and willing to work an evening or weekend at the drop of a hat.......I'd change a lyric any day :lmao:

maybe they hadn't heard it yet when he was in LA, greg was still mixing

Dont know Rose , maybe they changed thier mind , how much to believe though ? mika is a martyr at the end of the day i think ... :naughty::wink2:

I guess, be nice to hear their side and why they think it needed doing. the reason they gave him, is flimsy at best.:blink:

Were there ever any problem's with SITM's "I sit and think about the day when you're gonna die"????

I think he would have let us know at the gigs, he certainly did with Billy Brown!:naughty:

maybe they hadn't heard it yet when he was in LA, greg was still mixing

Don't you remember that tweet Greg did about the bigwigs coming in to listen to it?

The lyrics would have been pretty set in Mikas mind then, and didn't he say something about having to tweek some lyrics after they had been?

So why wait 'til now, when they could have said something then?

It's all very slapdash to me!:blink:

Now that I think of it, maybe the reason why he says "no need to fantasise since I was in my braces" in Big Girl is also because they made him change the original lyrics, which made a lot of sense, and he could only come up with this?

Or even better, the record company came up with this sentence?

We can always have faith that this was the case I guess :naughty:

my guess would be that certain decision making people first take notice of things when it comes up to their desk. Like, now they have finally decided what the next single should be and the big boss now has to sign it so that the money for producing and distribution can be assigned. And suddenly someone who sees it for the first time due to working routines takes offense. Can't tell you how often things like this happen where I work. You learn to shrug it off eventually :wink2:

Don't you remember that tweet Greg did about the bigwigs coming in to listen to it?

The lyrics would have been pretty set in Mikas mind then, and didn't he say something about having to tweek some lyrics after they had been?

So why wait 'til now, when they could have said something then?

It's all very slapdash to me!:blink:

i remember him saying he had a meeting of bigwigs, but not necessarily that they had listened to his music. but then again, i don't remember everything he says, to be honest.

maybe they weren't the "lyric inspectors" kind of bigwigs, maybe just the $$ bigwigs. :naughty:

Maybe they were just trying to be diplomatic...

- Will anyone tell Mika his new lyrics are crap?

- uh, no, but we can still try to make him change them word by word, what do we start with?

:mf_rosetinted::naughty:

- uh, no, but we can still try to make him change them word by word, what do we start with?

:roftl::roftl:

Sire will not like that:mf_rosetinted:

Mika might be a Sire to some people , but he is actually a real person ... yes when he got SIGNED he might have gone by his own rules ... whos to say the record company was going to compromise forever either ? ... perhaps they were breaking him in gently ... end of the day - yes mika is own person but he also has a job to do - and he has a boss ... i dont think its any good people getting angry at the record company ... they also have a job to do .... or has RL been forgotton ?

I think you're talking a lot of sense

So what about...

The Grateful Dead...

Dead can dance..

MANIC STREET PREACHERS - Dead Martyrs...

BON JOVI LYRICS - Wanted Dead Or Alive

BILLY IDOL LYRICS - The Dead Next Door

PINK LYRICS - I'm Not Dead

The Cure - Sleep when I'm dead

LIMP BIZKIT - Creamer (Radio Is Dead)

RADIOHEAD - Pop Is Dead

And we could go on for a 1000 more...

Weren't these marketable???

For crying out loud..

Maybe it's different in the middle of a basically happy song and a single?

To be honest, I don't think it would change the song much if he put something completely different in, so long as it scanned.

I don't pat here... I do it in private :blush-anim-cl: . And I don't pat whining, manipulative geniuses :wink2: .

Cheers,

Id3

You wouldn't believe how expensive that becomes!:roftl:

Yeah I think it's funny that fans moan at him incessantly about everything from playing dates in certain countries to when he should put up his videos on YT...but if his own employer asks him to do something it's outrageous.

I trust Mika will tell them to bugger off but I'm sure he has regular battles with his record company. Some won and some lost. And the losses are probably why fans don't always get what they want and we should probably cut Mika a little slack about his intentions surrounding broken promises.

I don't think we bitch at Sire about some changes in lyrics, but about broken promises or still born plans which have nothing to do with his record company.

Are they really his 'employer' :confused: ? Rather partners, I would think.

I believe we can trust Mica to have got a very advantageous contract when he signed with them, and not only in terms of money.

Bet you -again, nobody wants to bet with me, most annoying :mad: !- he didn't go there without a formidable lawyer or two.

No, the whole 'they are bad bad people, I could scream !' tweet was only meant to keep us busily indignant or indignantly busy and it worked.

Congrats, Sire, you're the best :thumb_yello: !

Cheers,

Id3

Niki, I love you when you are obnoxious :huglove: . Even though it's my job I can't find it in me to be jealous... you are so good at it :thumb_yello: !

Cheers,

Id3