Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm trying to work out if it was Kelzy or Khayla who added 'touch my melons'.

*raises hand* :bye: IT WAS ME!

AND I'LL DO IT AGAIN!

jail.jpg

:lmfao:

EDIT: I just found this. It's the reason I added that tag.

Liyonah@mikasounds hinting about the album with all the fruit? Are we going to hear touch my melons and look mommy I saw an avocado on it? Srsly

Edited by Lolliepop_girl

haha thats right :roftl:

go you *hi-5's*

:roftl:

I can't believe he hasn't blocked me :naughty:

Well after that, there came :

@mikasounds Aah Mika. You know I'm going to write some disasterous fanfic/comic about this don't you?

(IN RESPONSE TO LONDON BEING BEAUTIFUL AFTER A FEW DRINKS)

@mikasounds As are you my dear. As are you.

(IN REPLY TO THE SPITTING OF THE EYEBALL COMMENT)

@mikasounds Ahahaha Kids are so cute when they do tthings like that right? :D

@mikasounds Oooh! Sorry, I thought you were talking about your God daughter! Oops...

First I tell him he's beautiful after a few drinks, then I think his god daughter is spitting fish eyeballs. He'll think I'm bonkers![/i]

*subscribes*

*has nothing important to say*

That doesn’t seem to stop the rest of us to talk!:roftl:

I can't believe he hasn't blocked me :naughty:

Well after that, there came :

@mikasounds Aah Mika. You know I'm going to write some disasterous fanfic/comic about this don't you?

(IN RESPONSE TO LONDON BEING BEAUTIFUL AFTER A FEW DRINKS)

@mikasounds As are you my dear. As are you.

@mikasounds Oooh! Sorry, I thought you were talking about your God daughter! Oops...

First I tell him he's beautiful after a few drinks, then I think his god daughter is spitting fish eyeballs. He'll think I'm bonkers![/i]

I saw this one and I thought it was spontaneous and really cute!:wink2:

pfffffft you're funny girl :roftl:

Just for your information, you can subscribe to a thread using the Thread Tools drop down menu at the top of the thread, under the page numbers. :thumb_yello:

Thanks for the information :thumb_yello:

I think a lot of English speakers are just ethnocentric that way. I enjoy French music but I have no interest in French singers on a personal level.

I think a lot of English speakers are ethnocentric that way because we're just accustomed to all these famous people communicating in English.

I'm glad that this was said because I really do feel that Mika belongs to the anglo-american culture and music at the first place, which is really dominating in the world for a while already. That's why the fans from these countries, from the English-speaking countries, are in sort of an advance, no matter on Twitter, Mikasounds or elsewhere. It's a sad fact, but unfortunately it's true - it's just the way it is.

I come from a small country which language is pretty much unknown in the world, and also with a different kind of music tradition which can be said for some other European countries as well.

On the personal level, I'm interested in many musicians, no matter what their language, culture or nationality is as long as I love their art.

I'm glad that this was said because I really do feel that Mika belongs to the anglo-american culture and music at the first place, which is really dominating in the world for a while already. That's why the fans from these countries, from the English-speaking countries, are in sort of an advance, no matter on Twitter, Mikasounds or elsewhere. It's a sad fact, but unfortunately it's true - it's just the way it is.

I come from a small country which language is pretty much unknown in the world, and also with a different kind of music tradition which can be said for some other European countries as well.

On the personal level, I'm interested in many musicians, no matter what their language, culture or nationality is as long as I love their art.

Exactly, same here...

I fully understand English speakers cannot be interested in Spanish or French or whateva artists, what doesn't keep us, who have english as a second language, and in my case French and Spanish too to follow anglo american artists such as Mika but other countries well known artists too...

I guess that as smaller the country and as worst known the culture is, the more people feel the urge to know more about foreign artists and cultures...

In my case, Portugal being a small country, i always felt the urge to learn new languages and travel, and see new places and people...Music helps a lot has it gives you a push when you need to understand the lyrics, or the habits of the artists country...

I like French, Spanish and Italian artists a lot, and the ones i dunno much about i google them or ask my friends here about them...

You never know or learn enough in life...:thumb_yello:

which italians if i may ask? :wink2:

*is ready to shoot her if she says gigid'alessio*

Well, not my fav but i like a lot Carmen Consoli, some italian friend of mine sent me her album long ago and i still play it...

Well, not my fav but i like a lot Carmen Consoli, some italian friend of mine sent me her album long ago and i still play it...

mmmmmmmmmm

i will only kick you out my friend list in mfc for this :mf_rosetinted:

it could be worse

:naughty:

mmmmmmmmmm

i will only kick you out my friend list in mfc for this :mf_rosetinted:

it could be worse

:naughty:

I dunno well his recents hits, but i loved when he sang with the Brasilian singer Vanessa Camargo, in portuguese, one of my fav brasilian song "coraçao apaixonado", which if i can recall he also sang with lara fabian...

Why kick me????????:shocked:

Is he thaaaat baaaad?:shocked:

Exactly, same here...

I fully understand English speakers cannot be interested in Spanish or French or whateva artists, what doesn't keep us, who have english as a second language, and in my case French and Spanish too to follow anglo american artists such as Mika but other countries well known artists too...

I guess that as smaller the country and as worst known the culture is, the more people feel the urge to know more about foreign artists and cultures...

In my case, Portugal being a small country, i always felt the urge to learn new languages and travel, and see new places and people...Music helps a lot has it gives you a push when you need to understand the lyrics, or the habits of the artists country...

I like French, Spanish and Italian artists a lot, and the ones i dunno much about i google them or ask my friends here about them...

You never know or learn enough in life...:thumb_yello:

The main thing is that some cultural standards and tastes in art, music or literature are narrow linked with some political domination.

For example, I think that one of the main reasons why Mika hasn't toured Eastern Europe yet is that it's not one of his priorities at the moment.

As for your country, it may be small but with a great tradition which is pretty well known here in Serbia.

I wonder how many people here on the MFC actually know anything about Serbia or the Ex-Yu countries or the Eastern Europe at all. But no matter of that, we're all connected and very close to each other on here, regardless our nationalities and that's one of the reaons why I like this place that much.

After all, Mika is at the first place British and partly American singer and that's the fact we all have to face with.

But we can all love him as much as we want, no one can forbid that to us. :bleh:

The main thing is that some cultural standards and tastes in art, music or literature are narrow linked with some political domination.

For example, I think that one of the main reasons why Mika hasn't toured Eastern Europe yet is that it's not one of his priorities at the moment.

As for your country, it may be small but with a great tradition which is pretty well known here in Serbia.

I wonder how many people here on the MFC actually know anything about Serbia or the Ex-Yu countries or the Eastern Europe at all. But no matter of that, we're all connected and very close to each other on here, regardless our nationalities and that's one of the reaons why I like this place that much.

After all, Mika is at the first place British and partly American singer and that's the fact we all have to face with.

But we can all love him as much as we want, no one can forbid that to us. :bleh:

Really? Portuguese culture and tradition are well known there???

We have plenty of Serbians living and working here for the past 6,7 years, but never thought that...

I guess it all depends on how you question and look for things...

First time i heard of Mika, people told me Oh the Lebanese singer...

Only after i found out he was born in Lebanon but lived in the U.K.

I really don't think much about nationalities here...

You for instance are not Keti, from Serbia...

To me you are Ketzo from Gasmics...:roftl::roftl::roftl: